Whos Confident?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Of finishing 4th, or even 3rd?

3rd
18%
4th
51%
5th
16%
6h
11%
Lower?
No votes
2nd or even Win the League!!
4%

Total votes : 74

Re: Whos Confident?

Postby shawzy » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:34 am

3rd.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Beeks » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:36 am

4th...I think 3rd is beyond us...hope i'm proved wrong
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Original Dub » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:49 am

I think we have to look at Arsenal as being the ones to catch/overtake because its very very possible, but we have to really show our balls this month.

If we come through this month only a couple of points behind arsenal, I think we'll take them.

However, along with this month, the last three or four games are bogey too, so we really can't afford to hand anymore points away performance wise, like Hull and Everton.

Basically if we play like we're not scared we can get 3rd, so that's my vote.

Fourth is probable, 3rd is possible.
Original Dub

Postby david yearsley » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:06 am

With belief and togetherness we´re half way , add the skill factor and tactical nouse 90 % - just need that 10% luck and 4th is ours
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby CityFanFromRome » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:12 am

I've gone for third. I can see Arsenal losing some points as they will be distarcted by the Champions League and without Van Persie they have few options upfront, that can hurt them.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:12 am

I think Arsenal are too strong and will maintain 3rd place. I think Spurs are struggling badly without Lennon and everything goes through Defoe so if he isn't on form either are Spurs.

Liverpool know how to perform when the chips are down and need that fourth spot soooo much more than we do so expect them to battle right to the very end. Villa are dark horses this season, without having to play 16 extra games on a Thursday night they should not falter like they did last year. Their defense is mean too so they could do it.

We'll know an awful lot more after 06 March 2010 about who's favourite for 4th spot. It is in our hands at present, only we can stop ourselves getting fourth which is a good place to be in at the end of Feb.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:05 pm

3rd
we will need to up our performances away from home to get 3rd, but i think it is there for the taking as Arsenal are crap and will continue to drop points regularly.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:10 pm

As negative as many (including me) have been about our performances, I think there would need to be a major disaster over the coming weeks to stop us from finishing in the top 4.

Think 3rd is pushing it with a game still to play at the Emirates, but stranger things have happened.

Summary, we beat Villa, Spurs, Liverpool, United, we should finish 4th comfortably. Beat Arsenal too and we could have a shout for 3rd or even 2nd if the wheels come off united.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:54 pm

anything can happen as always, but i can see us getting into a scrap for 3rd with Arsenal without any major changes in form of any of the top3.

Also one of the things that will effect the current top 3 is their performance in the champs league. Getting kicked out of the comp seems always to hit the Prem teams and they suffer a 'blip' in the league. So as all 3 of them are unlikely to get all the way to the semis, we could yet still see a fair bit of opportunity to get a bid in for 3rd if not above.

Rags just lost Giggs, Chelsea just lost Cole and Terry is starting to be effected by his losing the plot.. Eng Capt. and maybe his family? and Arsenal are crap.

We need to improve though away from home.. The two Stoke games could be a blessing in disguise as they could work as two very serious training games for battling for a result. The Cup game gives Bobby a chance to try something a bit different perhaps and try to learn a bit more about dealing with difficult teams.

The real test though now is that each and every game is now crucial.. lose or even draw one game and the doom looms!
In a way this is the reason why the top4 remain the top4 year in year out, cos they have to overcome dissapointments and bounce back in the face of fans and press declaring that its all over and they have blown it.

If Mancini can set out a plan where we can improve slighty over the run in, we will be right up there in the action
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:57 pm

4th for me. I think we might even challenge for 3rd but we will end up 4th.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Vhero » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:58 pm

I honestly thought 3rd until Hull.. Now 4th but its gonna go down to the wire..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:26 pm

4th.

If we sort our away form out we will finish 4th by quite a few points aswell.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Feed The Goat » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:53 pm

i went for 4th i really think we will do it
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby kinkylola » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:03 pm

I'm confident that we have a squad that could realistically be in with a shout of winning any game we have left to play. Whether or not that happens is yet to be seen ... but the ability is there.

That's just the kind of person I am though. Growing up playing sports my whole life, I have never and will never accept defeat before the competition has even started. I believe that I can win any competition that I enter into ... and in this way I feel like city is an extension of myself. I believe we can do it, and it is not silly optimism, it is confidence. And when you lose, you dust yourself off and go back into the fray.

edit: I went for 3rd ... but at this point to reach third we need other results to go our way as well, and as such, it is not entirely in our hands. 4th is though. 4th is attainable through our own efforts.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Mark Garrett » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:12 pm

At start of season i said i would be happy with top 6 and that hasn't changed. Yes we've got a great opportunity to finish 4th but a top 6 finish for the first time since end of 91-92 season is what i'll be happy with.
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Domestic Cups record.........Pld 30 - W 18 - D 4 - L 8 - GF 63 - GA 36
European Cups record.........Pld 28 - W 13 - D 7 - L 8 - GF 43 - GA 29

Overall record at City......Pld 191 - W 113 - D 38 - L 40 - GF 361 - GA 176

(Updated after the Wigan FA Cup Final game)
Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater and Sergio

Postby trout man » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:16 pm

On the bbc predictor, i put us down with only one away win (Burnley) and two draws and the rest defeats and we still beat the bin dippers and villa by a point for fourth but villa and ourselves both had a game unplayed. It was 68 and 67 points respectively. I know its only a bit of fun but I did my best to be honest with all teams and its interesting how difficult it will be for us to make the magical 70 points so I can see Mancini gone in the summer....maybe. I would say a close 4th will be the best we can hope for and no fuck-ups at home and by that I mean no soft draws or we are staring down the barrel of 5th or 6th place.

Its getting scary.
Hoping our new rollercoaster gives us the thrill of our lives.
trout man
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Ellie and City
My favourite player is: Vinnie

Postby kinkylola » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:37 pm

I think no way should we get rid of mancini if he finishes 6 or better. He had to take over from how many dropped points? against how many teams that we should be beating the piss out of? below 6th ... well that is another story and I'll leave the board to decide that. But I'm all for giving him time.

I never thought Hughes was the right man for the job but I completely agreed that he should be given time. I think Mancini is a much better fit for us and the right man to take us forward, so should he not be afforded at least the same amount of time?
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Whassat » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:34 pm

See my sig :)

Seriously we couldnt ask for better terms really. With our home form and some resilience in our away games and the 4th spot is ours. Champions league here we come (fingers crossed)...
Whassat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City, AIK
My favourite player is: The magician

Postby failsworthblue » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:53 pm

6th for me

We have got a very tough run-in and not conviced with Mancini,s tatics.

The FA Cup could save his job.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:10 pm

Svensational wrote:Who on the board are confident about the fact that we can finish in the top four this season?

I do believe we can do it if we up our game in our away games.

Do you know mate, I'm not really interested in fourth, third, second or first; I'm interested in City. I've not been expecting anything with a team still in transition, with a club that was not too many years ago fighting for survival. How many divisions have we traversed?

Life is good, and it's hard to explain how a die hard season ticket holder feels at this moment in time, but I'll tell you this, managers and players may come and go, but City will always be there for me when I'm low. The ups and downs, the highs and lows, who really gives a fuck about the inbetweens. This is now, and we have a chance of Europe whether it be CL or Europa, yet people complain about not making the Top 4.

It's all part of the plot I am sure, but as always, we will have our time again!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum