Squeeky Bum Time?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Squeeky Bum Time?

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:15 pm

Is it Squeeky Bum Time yet? what do you rekon? I have sense that some City fans are already feeling it.. which is good as for the first time in ages we are thereabouts where we need to be to have this 'new sensation'

i think this article in the Mail is jumping the gun a bit.. maybe with ten games left it really starts.
However that said while talking some sh*te it asks reasonable questions of the state of the current top3.

As we have 2 games in hand the article just ignores (correctly) the possibility that we could be just 2 points off Arsenal and by that token still dark horses for the title, if as the article asserts it is a 3 horse race now

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1250348/Its-squeaky-bum-time-Carlo-Ancelotti-Manchester-United-Arsenal-join-Chelsea-horse-race--again.html
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Re: Squeeky Bum Time?

Postby Alex Sapphire » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:20 pm

I dont know but I hate that expression and the bastard that coined it
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Surrey Sky Blue » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:21 pm

Never realised Lampard was 6 foot!!
Hark now hear, The City sing, United ran away, And we will fight for ever more, Because of Derby day.
Surrey Sky Blue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Shorter working days
My favourite player is: Zabba!!

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:21 pm

There's clear hidden agenda on this topic.

Is this pro-Hughes, anti-Mancini topic?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby carolina-blue » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:24 pm

City recently lost at Hull, Tottenham have surrendered twice to Wolves while Villa played on the back foot against 19-man Manchester United. Do any of them want Champions League football? Does anybody deserve it? Not really.

No wonder Villa could not win !!!!!
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:25 pm

We have always had something to play for, usually more to lose than to gain. Nothing new this season. In fact it is a damn sight easier to handle this year than, ooh, let's say, the relegation season to Division Three.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby BobKowalski » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:47 pm

Definite SBT and more so then when we were fighting relegation if only because that was familar territory. I knew how to handle that. But now we are in the hunt at the top end with everything to play for I am starting to feel the pressure and this pressure is what worries me then anything else with City because we have not faced the business end of a season like this for like well ever...
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:03 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:We have always had something to play for, usually more to lose than to gain. Nothing new this season. In fact it is a damn sight easier to handle this year than, ooh, let's say, the relegation season to Division Three.

yeah easier to handle cos its not got the depressing edge. Different sensation. Quite a few peeps are saying about it being hard to handle.( but those people may not be able to remember getting the drop, or the pain of watching the ineviatability of the slide down and hope draining away.. )
But like a relegation battle every game is a 100% must win, but we have the luxury of viewing the games from a positive and confident position.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby ashton287 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:12 pm

So basically chelsea cant win the league even though they have a lead, the scum cant lose anything because there amazing and rooney can never get tired cos he is also amazing, arsenal have NOO chance whatsoever and without a striker they might as well just forfeit there remaining games and WE lost to hull so we in no way deserve a place in the CL.

It looks like baconface wrote this then emailed it to the cunting journo its so pro-scum and againat everyone else in the world
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby ronk » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:31 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:We have always had something to play for, usually more to lose than to gain. Nothing new this season. In fact it is a damn sight easier to handle this year than, ooh, let's say, the relegation season to Division Three.

yeah easier to handle cos its not got the depressing edge. Different sensation. Quite a few peeps are saying about it being hard to handle.( but those people may not be able to remember getting the drop, or the pain of watching the ineviatability of the slide down and hope draining away.. )
But like a relegation battle every game is a 100% must win, but we have the luxury of viewing the games from a positive and confident position.

In a relegation battle you only need a short run to shoot up the table to safety. It's only right at the end that it can become interesting. Right now we could win our next 6 games and all it will do is put us in a good place, but it would almost be enough to save even Portsmouth.

This is much like a cup run for us. Every match feels must win and every slip up is a disaster. We, as fans, have a curious attitude to the cup: last year we had whipped ourselves up to an expectation of winning the UEFA Cup, this year even at quarter final level we were convinced that we'd win the Carling Cup and absolutely fucking devastated when we went out in the semi. The expectation was crippling. Relegation is familiar, hurts like fuck but we always believe that we'll come back up.

But there's a nagging doubt attached to our current situation, that we might miss our chance and everything will somehow turn sour. Suddenly this year, ending our trophy drought attained total significance and the same thing will happen with the FA Cup. Stoke are premier opposition, lose and all hell with break loose on the board, win and people will start talking about Wembley with the result that the pressure will be even higher. There's not even a cigarette paper's width between cautious disdain due to fear of an early exit and full on anticipation.

How many times have we gone on a very poor run after Christmas when we've started to look safe.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby john68 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:40 am

How the fuck can this be a SBT?
It's the best season we have ever enjoyed, what the fuck is there to be worried about?
Worrying that we may not be successful is nonsense.
We should be jumping for joy and laughing all the way to the top.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:42 am

john68 wrote:How the fuck can this be a SBT?
It's the best season we have ever enjoyed, what the fuck is there to be worried about?
Worrying that we may not be successful is nonsense.
We should be jumping for joy and laughing all the way to the top.

I agree. I feel it's only stimulating to see how high we can go. NOTHING compared to soiling your pants over whether we stay up or not.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Return to The Maine Football forum