The derby

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The derby

Postby HeyMark » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:31 am

Original Dub wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Original Dub wrote:I'm 90% there, just a couple of loose ends to tie up...

NQDP - get over, it'd be nice to meet the man I've been arguing with for around ten years!

I'm trying my best mate. Haven't been to a game so far this season because of the mentioned financial "troubles". I haven't missed a season without a game for over a decade I think.

Also, I've never been to Derby so this would be dream come true.

Everything you said there is exactly the same for me mate. Well, I made it to the first home game this season, but that feels like an age ago and a derby is something on my "things to do before I die list"!!

Just book your flights asap and it'll be a lot cheaper than waiting... make sure you book an early flight on sat and an evening one back on sunday.

Cheap room in the gardens hotle or Manc Inn and bobs your uncle - cheap and cheerful!

In the exact same boat mate, went to the first home game of the season, then this will be my first derby!

Flying out on Saturday at 7am. Hopefully I'll get to catch up with you this time for a beer!
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Original Dub » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:08 am

HeyMark wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Original Dub wrote:I'm 90% there, just a couple of loose ends to tie up...

NQDP - get over, it'd be nice to meet the man I've been arguing with for around ten years!

I'm trying my best mate. Haven't been to a game so far this season because of the mentioned financial "troubles". I haven't missed a season without a game for over a decade I think.

Also, I've never been to Derby so this would be dream come true.

Everything you said there is exactly the same for me mate. Well, I made it to the first home game this season, but that feels like an age ago and a derby is something on my "things to do before I die list"!!

Just book your flights asap and it'll be a lot cheaper than waiting... make sure you book an early flight on sat and an evening one back on sunday.

Cheap room in the gardens hotle or Manc Inn and bobs your uncle - cheap and cheerful!

In the exact same boat mate, went to the first home game of the season, then this will be my first derby!

Flying out on Saturday at 7am. Hopefully I'll get to catch up with you this time for a beer!

Definitely mate. Regardless of what time the match is on, just be at the Townley early on Saturday and we'll all have a good few. I reckon it will be a lunchtime kick off but it gives us more time on the lash after we beat the cunts!
Original Dub

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:07 pm

I booked my flights for this one ages ago for this weekend!!! First derby for me as well - can't wait!
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:44 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:I booked my flights for this one ages ago for this weekend!!! First derby for me as well - can't wait!

Are you going on Easyjet mate? And are you travelling alone?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Original Dub » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:47 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:I booked my flights for this one ages ago for this weekend!!! First derby for me as well - can't wait!

Sounded kind of creepy, I dunno why?!

Watch out Moonchesteri...
Original Dub

Postby The Man In Blue » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:50 pm

this is going to be a fucking huge derby this one.

H U G E. can't wait to stuff the rag fuckers.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:51 pm

ant london wrote:Thanks to the lovely Sister of Fu, as of last night I am confirmed for this!

Going to be a top day esp if we can get the Dazby over.

Doomy what your plans for wk end commencing 17-4-10???
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:51 pm

Original Dub wrote:

haha

we've met so he already knows to be suitably vary of me!

I was just going to suggest sharing a room in fancy Diamond Lodge if he's travelling on his own. Like I said, I'm on budget trip here and splitting the bill would be more than welcome. Only downside rooming with me is that I speak on my sleep.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:14 pm

Original Dub wrote:

haha

I was just going to suggest sharing a room in fancy Diamond Lodge if he's travelling on his own. Like I said, I'm on budget trip here and splitting the bill would be more than welcome. Only downside rooming with me is that I speak on my sleep.

Haha don't worry OD, I could take care of myself. Though when I'm pissed and finally black out there's nothing to wake me up until I'm ready so who knows what could be done then!
I'm probably not travelling on my own tho that time (at least we've booked flights for two but it's a long story), sorry mate. We're taking the friday-monday flights just in case if the match is moved to Sunday.
What are the prices at the moment? mine were 64eur return.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:25 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

haha

Haha don't worry OD, I could take care of myself. Though when I'm pissed and finally black out there's nothing to wake me up until I'm ready so who knows what could be done then!
I'm probably not travelling on my own tho that time (at least we've booked flights for two but it's a long story), sorry mate. We're taking the friday-monday flights just in case if the match is moved to Sunday.
What are the prices at the moment? mine were 64eur return.

roughly 120 euros I reckon. I'm waiting to see when they announce kick off though. Friday- sunday would be ideal for me.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:33 pm

Mates (Renato stylee) it can work out almost cheaper if you go sat to monday in a cheap hotel. For me it worked out 95 euro cheaper, so I have all match times covered and I arrive back in Dublin at 7:30am monday... I'd be suprised if it wasn't something similar for yourselves...

Just make sure you're there, it looks like it could be the biggest Townley crew worldwide ever!
Original Dub

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:38 pm

Original Dub wrote:Mates (Renato stylee) it can work out almost cheaper if you go sat to monday in a cheap hotel. For me it worked out 95 euro cheaper, so I have all match times covered and I arrive back in Dublin at 7:30am monday... I'd be suprised if it wasn't something similar for yourselves...

Just make sure you're there, it looks like it could be the biggest Townley crew worldwide ever!

Thing is that Easyjet flies only on Mon, Wed, Fri and Sunday between Helsinki and Manchester.
Flying out on saturday would be Very expensive as you'd have to fly wiht Finnair..
True tho, Fri-Sat night seems to be very expensive in hotels often...

Gonna be a good Townley night hopefully!
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby HeyMark » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:09 pm

Original Dub wrote:Mates (Renato stylee) it can work out almost cheaper if you go sat to monday in a cheap hotel. For me it worked out 95 euro cheaper, so I have all match times covered and I arrive back in Dublin at 7:30am monday... I'd be suprised if it wasn't something similar for yourselves...

Dub what hotel did you book if you dont mind me asking? (I dont want a room there I just wanna stand outside your room at 4am with a string quartet)
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum