The derby

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The derby

Postby HeyMark » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:32 pm

Just booked my flights over for the derby weekend, booked Saturday to Monday just incase it gets moved to Sunday(which I think it will)

Just wondering how easy people think it'll be to get tickets, we've only got accesscards. Am I right in thinking that in the last few seasons we havent sold out on derby day? I'd hate to be in Manchester for the match without having tickets!
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Re: The derby

Postby Fish111 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:38 pm

You shouldn't have any trouble getting tickets for any City match really if you know who to ask. You've already started that process by posting on here. Good luck.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:40 pm

HeyMark wrote:Just booked my flights over for the derby weekend, booked Saturday to Monday just incase it gets moved to Sunday(which I think it will)

Just wondering how easy people think it'll be to get tickets, we've only got accesscards. Am I right in thinking that in the last few seasons we havent sold out on derby day? I'd hate to be in Manchester for the match without having tickets!

Are there no official supporters clubs over in ni? They should be able to get an allocation of tickets
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby btajim » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:45 pm

People will booking history easily get tickets, now. Get in there as soon as they go on sale and you'll be fine.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:53 pm

I'm seriously considering doing the Derby. I've been struggling for money for a year now as missus is doing her master's and we bought our first own house. That said, I've managed to put bit on the side and might JUST be able to do a budget trip.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby trout man » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:59 pm

Can't wait, my good lady bought me a ticket and accommodation for this one and it has the potential to be extra special.
Hoping our new rollercoaster gives us the thrill of our lives.
trout man
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Ellie and City
My favourite player is: Vinnie

Postby john@staustell » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:05 pm

HeyMark wrote:Just booked my flights over for the derby weekend, booked Saturday to Monday just incase it gets moved to Sunday(which I think it will)

Most likely time is Saturday lunchtime I would've thought mate. They dont like people getting a chance to get pissed up. Hope your flights early!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Original Dub » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:40 pm

I'm 90% there, just a couple of loose ends to tie up...

NQDP - get over, it'd be nice to meet the man I've been arguing with for around ten years!
Original Dub

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:47 pm

Original Dub wrote:I'm 90% there, just a couple of loose ends to tie up...

NQDP - get over, it'd be nice to meet the man I've been arguing with for around ten years!

I'm trying my best mate. Haven't been to a game so far this season because of the mentioned financial "troubles". I haven't gone through a season without a game for over a decade I think.

Also, I've never been to Derby so this would be dream come true.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Beeks » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:52 pm

Fucking hell if you pair are going suppose i've got to show my face in the townley finally ;-)
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Original Dub » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:52 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

I'm trying my best mate. Haven't been to a game so far this season because of the mentioned financial "troubles". I haven't missed a season without a game for over a decade I think.

Everything you said there is exactly the same for me mate. Well, I made it to the first home game this season, but that feels like an age ago and a derby is something on my "things to do before I die list"!!

Just book your flights asap and it'll be a lot cheaper than waiting... make sure you book an early flight on sat and an evening one back on sunday.

Cheap room in the gardens hotle or Manc Inn and bobs your uncle - cheap and cheerful!
Original Dub

Postby Mark Garrett » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:16 pm

Think it'll be moved to Sunday lunchtime, as part of a Super Sunday double header as Tottenham play Chelsea same weekend
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Domestic Cups record.........Pld 30 - W 18 - D 4 - L 8 - GF 63 - GA 36
European Cups record.........Pld 28 - W 13 - D 7 - L 8 - GF 43 - GA 29

Overall record at City......Pld 191 - W 113 - D 38 - L 40 - GF 361 - GA 176

(Updated after the Wigan FA Cup Final game)
Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Shaun Goater and Sergio

Postby ant london » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:20 pm

Thanks to the lovely Sister of Fu, as of last night I am confirmed for this!
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Original Dub » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:22 pm

ooooh.... can I smell a serious cityfans session a brewin????
Original Dub

Postby The Man In Blue » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:27 pm

Original Dub wrote:ooooh.... can I smell a serious cityfans session a brewin????

you fuckers need to get over here the night before, as it will be an early kick off and therefore boozing time will be limited.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby btajim » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:49 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

I'm trying my best mate. Haven't been to a game so far this season because of the mentioned financial "troubles". I haven't gone through a season without a game for over a decade I think.

If we both have something to play for then the atmosphere will be electric.

I started attending Matches in 1998 so it took several seasons before I could go to one.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Original Dub » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:28 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:ooooh.... can I smell a serious cityfans session a brewin????

you fuckers need to get over here the night before, as it will be an early kick off and therefore boozing time will be limited.

Trying to organise 6:30am flights for the sat
Original Dub

Postby Original Dub » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:21 pm

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!

Flights booked - I'll be first at the townley because I arrive at 7:30 in the morning. Actually, I bet Gillie will still be there before me ;)

All I need now is a definite on two tickets - me and the mrs!

I should be ok with an access card again shouldn't I? Anyone know the date they go on sale to access?
Original Dub

Postby Fidel Castro » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:31 pm

I'll be over in Manc for the whole of April so if I can sort tickets I'm there
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby rick1894citizen » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:36 pm

Accesscard with around 20 pts will be fine as they don't go on open sale to try and stop rags getting in our end, should be a moody one and hopefully clinches CL football and gives chelsea the title ;o)
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum