The Weekly "Robinho said what now?" thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Weekly "Robinho said what now?" thread

Postby john@staustell » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:34 am

A very sad little man. I wonder if I wrote to a Brazilian paper in English or Spanish they would translate it and print it for me? I guess the whole of Europe now has a poor opinion of him which needs to be heard!

Anyone speak Portuguese?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Fidel Castro » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:39 am

john@staustell wrote:A very sad little man. I wonder if I wrote to a Brazilian paper in English or Spanish they would translate it and print it for me? I guess the whole of Europe now has a poor opinion of him which needs to be heard!

Anyone speak Portuguese?

Tudo beng? is all I know
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Wooders » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:59 am

I've just sold him on Fifa 10 out of spite
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Rag_hater » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:13 am

I can begin to understand that people dont want to see him play for us again and think he is over-rated waste of space.
But what I dont understand is why all the venom towards him.Fair enough it didnt work out with him but some of the vitriol directed towards him is frankly rubbish and OTT.Like this article he basically speaks the truth on how he sees that Europe isnt all its cracked upto be for players like him and the younger players should't rush into things and says we have been very correct with him.I cant see him saying anything bad about us.He doesn't want to come back and play for us but at with all the venom and vitriol directed to him that seems understandable to me.
I really dont see why people dislike him so much.He's not the first player who it didnt work out for.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby btajim » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:15 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
btajim wrote:I truly wonder how much our then Manager had to do with his arrival. Clearly a publicity stunt from the Sheikh.

He claimed to have been fully involved in it so it rates as one of his biggest mistakes imo, not that we would have thought it at the time. He stood up to Frank/Cook etc when they tried to sell Ireland so I very much doubt he said nothing about the signing of Robinho. He must have gone along with it.

I suppose tbf it served it's purpose in getting our profile out there. I just wish the lazy big headed little twat wasn't such a lazy big headed little twat. I'd dearly love to see him playing properly for City.

Hughes "claimed" and was "fully involved" hey?! Everyone know she was playing Golf. There's no way that Hughes could've stopped that deal going through.

Besides, Robinho was our Top Scorer last season. Nothing to sniff at.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Original Dub » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:18 am

Rag_hater wrote:I can begin to understand that people dont want to see him play for us again and think he is over-rated waste of space.
But what I dont understand is why all the venom towards him.Fair enough it didnt work out with him but some of the vitriol directed towards him is frankly rubbish and OTT.Like this article he basically speaks the truth on how he sees that Europe isnt all its cracked upto be for players like him and the younger players should't rush into things and says we have been very correct with him.I cant see him saying anything bad about us.He doesn't want to come back and play for us but at with all the venom and vitriol directed to him that seems understandable to me.
I really dont see why people dislike him so much.He's not the first player who it didnt work out for.

We're paying him more than almost every footballer on the planet and all we want in return is 100% effort, committment and total loyalty whilst under contract.

He gave none of it and is blaming Europe for his lack of effort.

I can't believe you still defend the guy who has absolutely NO interest in the club that rescued him and the fans that chanted his name whenever the ball touched his feet.
Original Dub

Postby Rag_hater » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:33 am

Original Dub wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:I can begin to understand that people dont want to see him play for us again and think he is over-rated waste of space.

We're paying him more than almost every footballer on the planet and all we want in return is 100% effort, committment and total loyalty whilst under contract.

He gave none of it and is blaming Europe for his lack of effort.

I can't believe you still defend the guy who has absolutely NO interest in the club that rescued him and the fans that chanted his name whenever the ball touched his feet.

I wanted to stay out of this debate as I consider him gone.
However if the fact that he is one of the best paid players on the planet irks you so much then there is little that can be done to appease you.
This lack of effort is something we have already been through and we have different ways of assessing it seems as I dont consider he has ever been lacking in effort.
And if you want to be lied to so you can carry on believing that your favourite is still the one who has our club tattooed on his heart then carry on.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:35 am

He's telling them he was a defensive midfielder ffs! He's lying through his fucking teeth.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Crossie » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:18 pm

He has mummy issues
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City