Training Differences

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Training Differences

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:50 am

lets all have a disco wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:"This post isn't by the way about making excuses for him."

Sorry but that's exactly what it read like to me.

to put it the other way, any manager coming in at this stage would've faced the same difficulties. So it's not about Mancini as such. These are mostly Hughes players bought for system and tactics he planned to use. I don't think it's coincidence that we have one central attacking midfielder.

Hughes was looking for another attacking mid,Mancini had six weeks to find one.
He didnt.

Just a thought.

It's a good and valid thought (although I didn't know Hughes were looking for central attacking midfielder).

I'm actually bit confused now who does the deals in the club now. Reading all the recent stories about Jinky, I kind of get the idea Marwood is running the show in that department now. Which for me is hazardous set up. I can't even begin to explain how much I don't believe in director of football system. For better or for worse, manager should be in charge for who we sign. Or at very least make it bloody clear to supporters that our manager isn't really manager but head coach.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:18 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:"This post isn't by the way about making excuses for him."

to put it the other way, any manager coming in at this stage would've faced the same difficulties. So it's not about Mancini as such. These are mostly Hughes players bought for system and tactics he planned to use. I don't think it's coincidence that we have one central attacking midfielder.

He didnt.

Just a thought.

It's a good and valid thought (although I didn't know Hughes were looking for central attacking midfielder).

I'm actually bit confused now who does the deals in the club now. Reading all the recent stories about Jinky, I kind of get the idea Marwood is running the show in that department now. Which for me is hazardous set up. I can't even begin to explain how much I don't believe in director of football system. For better or for worse, manager should be in charge for who we sign. Or at very least make it bloody clear to supporters that our manager isn't really manager but head coach.

I think it's kind of like two departments. You have the current manager, who signs players to fit the current team, then you have the academy & scouting system which is being expanded worldwide & will try to bring in players for the future, most of whom will be at academy level but some will have been identified by Jim Cassel & co in the past as players worth aquiring if they became available.

I should imagine Mancini probably still has the last word on any players of Johnson's age but they'll be recommended to him by the other department, wheras he'd have no input re players of a younger age unless it was to recommend one they haven't seen. It's all just my opinion of course but I can't see any other way it could work. Most managers will walk if you sign players for the 1st team squad & they haven't ok'd it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Original Dub » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:19 am

He didnt.

Just a thought.

I've figured it out!

Put Hughes in as director of football and he can identify midfield and offensive targets and let Mancini target defenders.

Then, put Hughes in charge at the start of games and we can go at teams hammer and thongs.... and when we take a two goal lead, tell hughes to go back up stairs and get Mancini to close out the game and BANG -

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, MY FRIENDS...... :)
Original Dub

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum