How The League Table Would Look Without Portsmouth

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

How The League Table Would Look Without Portsmouth

Postby King Kev » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:16 pm

If they went out of business and all their league games so far this season were delcared null and void the table would be;

King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: How The League Table Would Look Without Portsmouth

Postby CityGer » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:18 pm

Interesting reading but it won't happen, the premier league will find a way to prop them up. They don't want to shame and bad publicity that one of their member clubs going our of business will generate.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:23 pm

I was going to post this yesterday with the plights of Portsmouth but thought not too may would be interested. It is a massive shame that they and others like them are in this trouble; clubs trying to make a living with supporters who put everything behind them.

As for the table, it's not us I fell for as we are safe. It's the teams who are fighting it out that have a real problem, as they have no idea where they stand. We can make it up, they have to fight it up!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby gillie » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:24 pm

CityGer wrote:Interesting reading but it won't happen, the premier league will find a way to prop them up. They don't want to shame and bad publicity that one of their member clubs going our of business will generate.

You are right CG they are already considering giving them the end of season Sky money just to keep them operating.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:27 pm

gillie wrote:
CityGer wrote:Interesting reading but it won't happen, the premier league will find a way to prop them up. They don't want to shame and bad publicity that one of their member clubs going our of business will generate.

You are right CG they are already considering giving them the end of season Sky money just to keep them operating.

Plus their operating profit from the next round of the cup.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby King Kev » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:33 pm

Seeing as they need money, and our owners have got lots of it, and we could lose out if they vanished... it makes me wonder how much money 6 points is worth.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:42 pm

King Kev wrote:Seeing as they need money, and our owners have got lots of it, and we could lose out if they vanished... it makes me wonder how much money 6 points is worth.

About 40 million in monetary terms, but in terms of us..............priceless!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:42 pm

King Kev wrote:Seeing as they need money, and our owners have got lots of it, and we could lose out if they vanished... it makes me wonder how much money 6 points is worth.

Surely we wouldn't be allowed to do it though? It would open up the possibility of all manner of shady dealings & you have to be an etablished PL icon to get away scott free with doing that.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:45 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

Surely we wouldn't be allowed to do it though? It would open up the possibility of all manner of shady dealings & you have to be an etablished PL icon to get away scott free with doing that.

Don't you realise we are the biggest team in the world?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby gillie » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:48 pm

Has the Sheikh got a brother who might be interested in a very good community football club!
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Lev Bronstein » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:57 pm

Just a thought, if all the games against Pompey did become null and void, what would happen to any red and yellow cards that were given to their opponents?
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby aaron bond » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:00 pm

Surely administration is the way forward for Portsmouth? It would almost certainly mean relegation for them, but at least it would keep the club in existence.

All the talk about them is that they will disappear and go completely bust. Why are delaying going into administration if this is a way to get the creditors off their back?

Perhaps someone with a better understanding of this could explain...

:-)
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:01 pm

I've just realised that I'm serial Foe'd! Got to admit, I do really add nothing!!!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby gillie » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:09 pm

You just know what will happen we will be 5 points clear in 4th with one game to go and Pompey will be wound up Scouse 1 win the last game and we end up winning ours but lose out on 4th by 1 point.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:16 pm

Bet you never thought Ben Haim was worth £40m.

He fucking is now!
Original Dub

Postby gillie » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:20 pm

What i and probably everyone outside of the Pompey hierachcy would like to know is how much fuckin money do they owe and who to?.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby bluej » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:24 pm

aaron bond wrote:Surely administration is the way forward for Portsmouth? It would almost certainly mean relegation for them, but at least it would keep the club in existence.

All the talk about them is that they will disappear and go completely bust. Why are delaying going into administration if this is a way to get the creditors off their back?

Perhaps someone with a better understanding of this could explain...

:-)

I think its because the people who currently own the club will lose all the money they put in to it if the club go into administration.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Esky » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:54 pm

For all the talk of us losing 6 points and having to battle back for fourth, I don't think it's the biggest issue.

What happens to the side that finishes 17th in the current system and then, as Pompey fall away, ends up 17th/19 in the new one? Are they relegated? Or would only two teams drop? How many teams are then promoted (and would there have to be a domino effect down through the leagues to make up the numbers?) You'd think after the Tevez/West Ham deal you'd expect the F.A. to do everything they can to avoid further litigation (and that's all before you involve Portsmouth's creditors themselves).

Also, teams could argue each way about the inherent inequity in 'letting' the club fold mid-season. Teams who've played them twice (amid league, domestic and possibly European cup competitions) may have been better served resting and not traveling to the south coast. If points against them are declared null and void then the sides who've only played them once are getting a free ride, in a way.

Basically, they have to sort it out.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby gillie » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:02 pm

Esky wrote:For all the talk of us losing 6 points and having to battle back for fourth, I don't think it's the biggest issue.

What happens to the side that finishes 17th in the current system and then, as Pompey fall away, ends up 17th/19 in the new one? Are they relegated? Or would only two teams drop? How many teams are then promoted (and would there have to be a domino effect down through the leagues to make up the numbers?) You'd think after the Tevez/West Ham deal you'd expect the F.A. to do everything they can to avoid further litigation (and that's all before you involve Portsmouth's creditors themselves).

Also, teams could argue each way about the inherent inequity in 'letting' the club fold mid-season. Teams who've played them twice (amid league, domestic and possibly European cup competitions) may have been better served resting and not traveling to the south coast. If points against them are declared null and void then the sides who've only played them once are getting a free ride, in a way.

Basically, they have to sort it out.

Out of interest i would like to know how many teams have played them twice.Just checked only ourselves Arsenal,Fullham,Wet Spam and the rags have played Pompey twice in the prem as of now.
Last edited by gillie on Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby MHiggi » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:04 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I've just realised that I'm serial Foe'd! Got to admit, I do really add nothing!!!

Now you've got me wondering whether I should follow suit ;)
MHiggi
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum