Hiddink resigns

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Hiddink resigns

Postby Wooders » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:02 am

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=740896&sec=europe&cc=5739

not really a suprise after failing to get the best russian team in decades to the world cup but "hmmmmmmm" anyway
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Re: Hiddink resigns

Postby btajim » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:09 am

He's too old. End of.

We need to find someone and stick with them through thick and thin. Take the Arsenal, Man Ure and Liverpool model for Top 4 success as something to look up to in terms of cementing your place in the Top 4. Chelsea are a slightly different story - but they've got the spine of a strong side throughout and we're still messing around with Defenders.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Original Dub » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:13 am

btajim wrote:He's too old. End of.

We need to find someone and stick with them through thick and thin. Take the Arsenal, Man Ure and Liverpool model for Top 4 success as something to look up to in terms of cementing your place in the Top 4. Chelsea are a slightly different story - but they've got the spine of a strong side throughout and we're still messing around with Defenders.

Yep. Too old, we'd be starting again for the third time in four fours after he retired or left.
Original Dub

Postby btajim » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:17 am

Original Dub wrote:Yep. Too old, we'd be starting again for the third time in four fours after he retired or left.

I'd genuinely listen if he could have a younger Assistant who the job could be handed over to once he retires. Keep everything moving forwards etc. But that doesn't usually seem to be the way in the Football.

The older appointment I would've backed would have been a Roy Hodgson figure after Keegan left. Give Pearce another season or two to learn the ropes. i.e. How to pick Strikers who score at home.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Original Dub » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:20 am

btajim wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Yep. Too old, we'd be starting again for the third time in four fours after he retired or left.

I'd genuinely listen if he could have a younger Assistant who the job could be handed over to once he retires. Keep everything moving forwards etc. But that doesn't usually seem to be the way in the Football.

The older appointment I would've backed would have been a Roy Hodgson figure after Keegan left. Give Pearce another season or two to learn the ropes. i.e. How to pick Strikers who score at home.

I reckong that job would look after itself. Ade? RSC? Tevez? Bellamy?

All because of the money, not because we uncovered "rough diamonds". I said it the other day, but I think Pearce would be ok with 250m to spend.
Original Dub

Postby btajim » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:22 am

Original Dub wrote:
btajim wrote:The older appointment I would've backed would have been a Roy Hodgson figure after Keegan left. Give Pearce another season or two to learn the ropes. i.e. How to pick Strikers who score at home.

All because of the money, not because we uncovered "rough diamonds". I said it the other day, but I think Pearce would be ok with 250m to spend.

Almost any Manager would be!

I don't think I'd want to work in Football - but give me 250m to spend and I'd give you a team.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:26 am

I would have liked him as a replacement for Hughes (if H had failed AFTER this or next season) just to steady the ship & take us on another step but I'm not sure it would make sense if Mancini failed, to change again to another short term manager. Make more sense to leave Mancini in the job or replace him with another young manager who wants to build for long term.

I'm not sure Mourinho would stick around more than a few seasons though & wouldn't trust him not to leave for the rags.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:29 am

btajim wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
btajim wrote:The older appointment I would've backed would have been a Roy Hodgson figure after Keegan left. Give Pearce another season or two to learn the ropes. i.e. How to pick Strikers who score at home.

Almost any Manager would be!

I don't think I'd want to work in Football - but give me 250m to spend and I'd give you a team.

The fact that we've had two of the best young managers in the business & both have struggled against Hull should dispell that notion once & for all. It takes time & ability.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:26 pm

Mr Benitez's ass will be twitching
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Wooders » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:29 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Mr Benitez's ass will be twitching

My thoughts exactly - I suspect rafa is brushing up on his italiano as we speak
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Return to The Maine Football forum