City v Liverpool on TV?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

City v Liverpool on TV?

Postby Original Dub » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:55 pm

Feb 21st at 3pm. Fantastic marketing campaign by the club. MASSIVE game in the hunt for fourth.

I'm quite sure the big wigs knew this would be a big game when they looked at their fixture list and were picking those matches to be on TV.

So is this a fuck up that means we've to watch on some shitty stream or is it on TV somewhere?
Original Dub

Re: City v Liverpool on TV?

Postby btajim » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:01 pm

Steady on.

IIRC, the game was moved to a Sunday because The Mickeys are playing in Europe on Thursday. It was never scheduled to be on TV. We're on telly alot at the moment and I think the consideration of those who attend Matches regularly needs to be thought about. Other Clubs also deserve the benefit of extra TV money. Not just us.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby zuricity » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:03 pm

btajim wrote:Steady on.

IIRC, the game was moved to a Sunday because The Mickeys are playing in Europe on Thursday. It was never scheduled to be on TV. We're on telly alot at the moment and I think the consideration of those who attend Matches regularly needs to be thought about. Other Clubs also deserve the benefit of extra TV money. Not just us.

Showtime Arabia is showing it . It shows all PL games. check there. Show sports 1 and 2.

Legal too !
Last edited by zuricity on Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:03 pm

Strange decision not to choose it as a live game but have us on v Bolton instead. One of THE biggest games of the season. Means the ref can do what he likes to help them.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:04 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Means the ref can do what he likes to help them.

lol.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Original Dub » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:06 pm

I realise we've been on the TV a lot, I only said that the other day, but the matches that should have been picked for TV for us, first and foremost should be against the top four IMO.

Especially when any knob could have told them we'd be close to the dippers this season.

I realise you think it will make a huge difference to attendance. I don't. Not in this case.

If its because the dippers are playing on Thur, I get that, but its a shame ESPN or Setanta can't get that game on.

Anyway, I suppose I could find a boozer that has it on one of the dodgey sat channels. I'm definitely on the lash for that game.
Original Dub

Postby Original Dub » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:07 pm

zuricity wrote:

Showtime Arabia is showing it . It shows all PL games. check there. Show sports 1 and 2.

Legal too !

And how do you find that channel?
Original Dub

Postby sandman » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:08 pm

I prefer it when we're not on tv for home matches, I hate to see empty seats.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Original Dub » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:10 pm

sandman wrote:I prefer it when we're not on tv for home matches, I hate to see empty seats.

I doubt there would be empty seats in a match against Liverpool.

I can't ever remember a lot of empty seats against Liverpool and I've been to the last four home games against them, 3 of them televised.
Original Dub

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:12 pm

zuricity wrote:

Legal too !

Thats the channel i watch city games on, english commentary too. But mine are on a stream lol
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Original Dub » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:16 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:
zuricity wrote:

Legal too !

Thats the channel i watch city games on, english commentary too. But mine are on a stream lol

Oh Do Tell MarkyMark?
Original Dub

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:46 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:
zuricity wrote:

Legal too !

Oh Do Tell MarkyMark?

Check your PM's
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby sandman » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:10 pm

Original Dub wrote:
sandman wrote:I prefer it when we're not on tv for home matches, I hate to see empty seats.

I can't ever remember a lot of empty seats against Liverpool and I've been to the last four home games against them, 3 of them televised.

I've been to almost every home match for the last 30 years and I know that we get better attendances when we're not on tv.

My post didnt make reference to Liverpool, I am sure we will sell out. The part time fans who only turn out for the top 4 may fill our stadium against such opposition but those of us who go every week know that TV has a detrimental effect on attendances, hence why I prefer not to be on tv for home matches.
sandman

Supporter of: City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:21 pm

Original Dub wrote:Feb 21st at 3pm. Fantastic marketing campaign by the club. MASSIVE game in the hunt for fourth.

I'm quite sure the big wigs knew this would be a big game when they looked at their fixture list and were picking those matches to be on TV.

So is this a fuck up that means we've to watch on some shitty stream or is it on TV somewhere?

DONT YOU HAVE ESPN?
IM LUCKY AS HERE MAN CITY IS ON TELLY EVERY FUCKING WEEK...I HAVENT HAD A WEEK GO BY WHEREBY CITY IS NOT ON.
HAVING SAID THAT IF WE CARRY ON PLAYING LIKE WE HAVE BEEN THEN MAYBE ILL RECORD IT AND GO TO THE FUCKING BEACH INSTEAD.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby CuteMancs » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:21 pm

Original Dub wrote:Feb 21st at 3pm. Fantastic marketing campaign by the club. MASSIVE game in the hunt for fourth.

It's on Setanta :)

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Original Dub » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:06 pm

CuteMancs wrote:

Sweet!

Cheers mate. Love the bum BTW.
Original Dub

Postby Original Dub » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:08 pm

sandman wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

I've been to almost every home match for the last 30 years and I know that we get better attendances when we're not on tv.

My post didnt make reference to Liverpool, I am sure we will sell out. The part time fans who only turn out for the top 4 may fill our stadium against such opposition but those of us who go every week know that TV has a detrimental effect on attendances, hence why I prefer not to be on tv for home matches.

That's really impressive, but we're talking about City v Liverpool here and most of the time its televised AND one of our best attendances of the season.

I have no doubt it will be the same this time.

None.
Original Dub

Postby Original Dub » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:34 pm

CuteMancs wrote:

were you only taking the piss mate?

I can't find it anywhere on setanta's schedule?
Original Dub

Postby eastlandsblue » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:00 pm

Original Dub wrote:
CuteMancs wrote:

Setanta went bust mate.

Im pretty sure the original fixture was scheduled for sat 12.45 live on sky 1 they obviously lost it due to the mickys CL demise
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue

Postby Original Dub » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:04 pm

eastlandsblue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
CuteMancs wrote:

Setanta went bust mate.

Im pretty sure the original fixture was scheduled for sat 12.45 live on sky 1 they obviously lost it due to the mickys CL demise

I know mate, but there is still quite a few matches on Setanta Ireland.... actually, this match is scheduled to be on Setanta Africa, but it wouldn't be worth the trip...
Original Dub

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum