Kolo eyes the final countdown

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Kolo eyes the final countdown

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:03 pm

Kolo Toure is hoping a win over Stoke City this evening will banish the memory of the painful Carling Cup defeat to Manchester United last month.

Victory would put the Blues into the last eight of the FA Cup and just two wins away from a Wembley final in May - something Toure reckons is definitely within the club’s grasp.

“I think we have a squad capable of winning trophies and we are desperate to win something this season,” said City's captain. “It would be fantastic for us to get to the final of a major competition.

“When I was with Arsenal, the expectations were that we should win something every season and I believe it is the same here at City.

“Losing the semi-final in the circumstances we did was very hard to take for all of us. I missed the game because I was flying back to England at the time, but it hurt just as much.

"It has made us determined not to feel
like that again and perhaps that's the
reason the FA Cup has taken on even
more importance"

“I’ve been there and won this trophy and it’s a fantastic day for the players and supporters. I want more of the same with City! Stoke will be a tough game for us but we’re desperate to go all the way and will be giving it our all to do just that.”

Toure believes Patrick Vieira's presence will help as City approach the ‘business end’ of the campaign. Ironically, Vieira’s last kick in the FA Cup was the winning penalty that beat Manchester United in the 2005 final.

He said: “It’s massive for us to have him here because of all the experience and maturity he brings with him to our club.

“When I first joined Arsenal I was like his little brother, and I’m really happy to have him alongside me at club level once again. Patrick, Adey and I are like a family and our families are very close, too - we are aiming to enjoy our time here in Manchester.

“Together, along with players like Carlos, Craig, Shaun and Shay, we bring our experience and a winning mentality to the team that will serve us well this season and in the future.”

mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Kolo eyes the final countdown

Postby Chewbacca » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:27 pm

Kolo The Fucking Clown !!
GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRWWWWWWRRRRRRRAAAAAAARRRRHHHH
Chewbacca
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Return to The Maine Football forum