Vieira captain of France if..

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Vieira captain of France if..

Postby ENIAM NAM » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:46 pm

..he gets a run of games for us. I just hope RM only plays him if he performs!

France coach Raymond Domenech has revealed that Patrick Vieira will captain Les Bleus at the World Cup if he can maintain a first-team place at Manchester City.

The former Arsenal star had been growing increasingly frustrated at Inter Milan at his lack of match action, but last week featured in his first two matches for City since returning to the Premier League in January with the aim of forcing his way back into Domenech's squad.

Vieira was left out of the France side for their crunch World Cup qualifying clash with the Republic of Ireland, but Domenech insists the veteran midfielder will feature in South Africa if he maintains his fitness.

"If he gets a run of matches Patrick Vieira is the captain of the France team," he told Orange Sport. "He has just started playing again.

"Don't do what you normally do, a player has a good match so he has to be in the France team, then he has a bad match, you have to drop him from the France team...

"What matters, and Pat knows it, is that he gets a run of matches. That's what he says."

Quality
Domenech added: "I definitely don't have any doubts about his qualities. And he knows that and we are in complete agreement because we have discussed it at length.

"What matters is that he gets a run of matches and if he gets a run of matches...Patrick Vieira is the captain of the France team and that's it.

"There's not even a debate."

Vieira, who turns 34 during the World Cup, has 107 caps for his country.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Re: Vieira captain of France if..

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:49 pm

The England fan is me hope continues to play for us.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Re: Vieira captain of France if..

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:54 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:The England fan is me hope continues to play for us.

can't imagine France really beating England tho...no matter who plays for them. Altho once you get to the quarterfinals...it's just one match so anything can happen.

the England fan in you should be more worried about dropping the first match to the US and not getting at least a draw...because then the pressure would be so intense on the squad i can see someone gripping it and shitting the bed and not even making the knockout stage.

may seem unlikely to some, but it's entirely possible if England isn't really up for it.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Return to The Maine Football forum