Mancini's City - is that paint dry yet?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Mancini's City - is that paint dry yet?

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:02 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:Sorry NDQP - just more double standards from you.

Your post that states ".......I have sent him a PM..." carried some STATESMAN LIKE INFERENCE that you are sorting things out - being conciliatory etc - in so doing you were basically being publicly false to all the boards members - and it is for that reason I made that post quoting part of the PM - yet again exposing your double standards - but from my view point - if the issue is disclosing PM contents - you did that 1st by posting that you had sent me a PM and falsely inferring its contents - I just set the record straight!!

Should I post the rest? - as you infer between the start and the end that you posted 'much more' - yes but not a single word was conciliatory or remotely positive unless suggesting that my only purpose for being on the board is to cause havoc and suggesting that I foe you whilst stating that your never would etc - perhaps others would see the reasonable/conciliatory tone that I missed

Let's make this perfectly clear, I was at no stage looking for reconciliation with you. We are way beyond that. I think you are a lame excuse for man. I was trying to SORT THINGS OUT with you so that other people wouldn't have to bear this crap.

But you are only here for a fight, right?

Considering that about 80 out of roughly 600 posts you've made on this site since it's rebirth have been about me, what would you do otherwise? Weirdo.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Socrates » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:05 pm

Wooders wrote:
Socrates wrote:Back to the OP. I don't think the plaster is dry yet let alone the paint. The football is boring at present but it will be while he addresses the defensive problems that got Hughes sacked. He hasn't brought in a whole new defence, he is working with the same players that failed woefully to play as an effective defensive unit under Hughes. Until he gets them to gel as a unit he will continueto look to protect them from midfield. The first choice defenders are only just finally back together. If they don't gel this time he will have to change them. Meantime he will continue to protect them.

Its all a bit easy though soccs, whilst I agree in part, that we must show patience and allow him to mould the team, tinkering away on match day while he does it i fine to a certain extent, but like many others, I am very much reminded of Pearce at the moment, add to that the so called "italian philosophy" on football tactics (serie A is at an all time low for boringness imo) and I think I am justified with being a little concerned that the days of pacey counter attack exciting football may well be behind us for now and we'll have to make do with this - you score non, we'll score one mentality

but Mancini likes to win 2-0 not 1-0, that's what sets him apart from other Italians :O)
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:06 pm

Ok, for the sake of this board, I will now foe that creep. Please please do not quite his bullshit.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:14 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Ok, for the sake of this board, I will now foe that creep. Please please do not quite his bullshit.

So important for us all to know, that you've mentioned it in two topics.

Thanks.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:15 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Ok, for the sake of this board, I will now foe that creep. Please please do not quite his bullshit.

Thanks.

It's very important for me.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:15 pm

Thread of the year.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:38 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:Thread of the year.

it's only mid Feb. Dubious achievement.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:11 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

Thanks.

It's very important for me.

You need to get out more
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Kladze » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:56 pm

Good thing you did that, because he can't 'foe' you.

Did you not know that? I'm surprised ;-O
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Original Dub » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:20 pm

Socrates wrote:
Wooders wrote:
Socrates wrote:Back to the OP. I don't think the plaster is dry yet let alone the paint. The football is boring at present but it will be while he addresses the defensive problems that got Hughes sacked. He hasn't brought in a whole new defence, he is working with the same players that failed woefully to play as an effective defensive unit under Hughes. Until he gets them to gel as a unit he will continueto look to protect them from midfield. The first choice defenders are only just finally back together. If they don't gel this time he will have to change them. Meantime he will continue to protect them.

Its all a bit easy though soccs, whilst I agree in part, that we must show patience and allow him to mould the team, tinkering away on match day while he does it i fine to a certain extent, but like many others, I am very much reminded of Pearce at the moment, add to that the so called "italian philosophy" on football tactics (serie A is at an all time low for boringness imo) and I think I am justified with being a little concerned that the days of pacey counter attack exciting football may well be behind us for now and we'll have to make do with this - you score non, we'll score one mentality

but Mancini likes to win 2-0 not 1-0, that's what sets him apart from other Italians :O)

Every football manager on the planet likes to win 2 nil more than they would 1 nil.

I wouldn't say anything I've seen SO FAR sets this guy apart from Stuart Pearce, let alone other italians.
Original Dub

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:01 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Wooders wrote:

Every football manager on the planet likes to win 2 nil more than they would 1 nil.

I wouldn't say anything I've seen SO FAR sets this guy apart from Stuart Pearce, let alone other italians.

Haha, yeh exactly! That Italian 1-0 crap is a myth anyway. Anyone who actually watches the Serie A could tell you that. In fact you dont even need to watch it. Just look at the scores this week:

AC Milan 3-2 Udinese
Cagliari 3-1 Bari
Catania 0-0 Atalanta
Chievo 0-1 Siena
Juventus 3-2 Genoa
Livorno 0-1 Bologna
Parma 0-2 Lazio
Roma 4 Palermo 1
Sampdoria 2 Fiorentina 0

Right now i'm watching Napoli - Inter. Napoli are a great side this season with an Italian manager. Stylish, fast tempo-ed and full of flair and pace. We could do with that Hamsik I tell ya! Our midfield is crying out for a playmaker like him!
Our issue has nothing to do with having an Italian in charge.
And Socrates continued insistence that Mancini is the most attack minded Italian manager in football is absolute bollox.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Grob » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:03 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:De Jong is not good enough to do the job himself and needs assistance.

Jackpot
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby brite blu sky » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:16 pm

Grob wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:De Jong is not good enough to do the job himself and needs assistance.

Jackpot

x2

he is a good player no doubt.. might be cos he is still bit inexperienced. or it my just be his style, but he runs around a little bit too much, where he could perhaps read the game more. Vieira could help his learning perhaps?
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Dazzacity » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:23 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
Grob wrote:

Jackpot

x2

he is a good player no doubt.. might be cos he is still bit inexperienced. or it my just be his style, but he runs around a little bit too much, where he could perhaps read the game more. Vieira could help his learning perhaps?

I personallty dont like all this DM bollox.. Id rather have two great attacking mids and fook the DM's off all together. The only reason we use them is due to our defence being a bit crap..
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Grob » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:51 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
Grob wrote:

Jackpot

x2

I think hes only anygood if hes got an midfielder who breaks ala Lamps or Essien to pickup.

He's so limited its frightening. The players miss him out when we go forward, no top club carries players like this.
Grob

Postby Mr Miyagi » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:51 pm

Grob wrote:

Jackpot

Thanks Grob, I thought I was alone in spotting this. It's been annoying me for over a year now. It annoys me that every game De Jong does a big crunching tackle and everyone raves about what a pitbull he is. I've read people describe him as a "monster". But for the other 85 minutes of the game he fails to do the rest of his job. He gets dragged into tackles higher up the pitch, he leaves a gap in front of the back four, he doesn't anticipate opposition passes even when they are telegraphed, he doesn't dominate the midfield, and he doesn't initiate attacks from deep.

The need to provide extra cover in front of the back four is making our midfield very defensive. This is creating the boring football.
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Grob » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:56 pm

Dazzacity wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:
Grob wrote:

Jackpot

x2

I personallty dont like all this DM bollox.. Id rather have two great attacking mids and fook the DM's off all together. The only reason we use them is due to our defence being a bit crap..

If you look at the credentials of Toure, Bridge, Komps, Jocott, and Richards, im pretty certain we could put together a reasonable defence.

They dont need protecting, they are good enough man for man defenders, we just need to let them defend. And we need someone that plays infornt of them who can pass the ball forwards. Half the problem we have getting the ball through midfield is that Barry is the only 1 central who can pass the thing and he's not pinpoint all the time. Hence why we end up going long. The only time we win midfield battles is when god teams sit off us and wait to counter. Shit teams get at us and we can deal with it because De Jong cant or isnt allowed to pass the ball over 5 yards .
Grob

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:57 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Grob wrote:

Jackpot

Thanks Grob, I thought I was alone in spotting this. It's been annoying me for over a year now. It annoys me that every game De Jong does a big crunching tackle and everyone raves about what a pitbull he is. I've read people describe him as a "monster". But for the other 85 minutes of the game he fails to do the rest of his job. He gets dragged into tackles higher up the pitch, he leaves a gap in front of the back four, he doesn't anticipate opposition passes even when they are telegraphed, he doesn't dominate the midfield, and he doesn't initiate attacks from deep.

The need to provide extra cover in front of the back four is making our midfield very defensive. This is creating the boring football.

AGREED...HE,S SO FUCKING ONE DIMENSIONAL IT,S FRIGHTNING....A FUCKING CRAB...IVE YET TO SEE ONE DEFENSE SPLITTING PASS HE,S EVER MADE IN MIDFIELD.

IS IT MY IMMAGINATION OR DOES HE ALWAYS GO TO GROUND BEFORE HE TACKLES?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Grob » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:02 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Grob wrote:

Jackpot

De Jong doesnt want the ball. He lays it off to the defence constantly and runs away. When Vieria came on he was demanding the ball, wanting the change the game. De Jong may be a good player who is instructed to do little with the ball but i personally think hes an average player whose inabilities on the ball are hurting the team as an attacking force.
Grob

Postby Mr Miyagi » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:07 pm

Grob wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
Grob wrote:

Jackpot

De Jong doesnt want the ball. He lays it off to the defence constantly and runs away. When Vieria came on he was demanding the ball, wanting the change the game. De Jong may be a good player who is instructed to do little with the ball but i personally think hes an average player whose inabilities on the ball are hurting the team as an attacking force.

This is making sense now. Thanks for the comments. He doesn't want the ball, you are right. It's as though he is thinking "I'm only here to make tackles. I don't want possession. I'm just here to tackle the opposition when they have it." But the role of the holding midfielder is so much more than that. Someone needs to tell him. And if he can't do it, then get someone in who can. Maybe that was why we were after Gago.
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum