Mancini's City - is that paint dry yet?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Mancini's City - is that paint dry yet?

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:14 pm

getdressedmctavish wrote:Does anyone find themselves pining for King Kev now that we've got some decent players. You know, feck all this holding midfielders bollocks (Christ, Nigel was awful today,lol), just blow the bugle and feckin charge.

no thanks
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby BobKowalski » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:28 pm

getdressedmctavish wrote:Does anyone find themselves pining for King Kev now that we've got some decent players. You know, feck all this holding midfielders bollocks (Christ, Nigel was awful today,lol), just blow the bugle and feckin charge.

God no. Unless you think playing in the Championship is the way forward
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Mike J » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:34 pm

it was absolutely dreadful, if it carries on like this then yes i will want him gone. im sorry but that just isnt good enough.

'hey bobby its 1-1, we should go and win this, stoke are shit'

'you know, you are right, get our one attacking midfielder off and put an over the hill defensive midfielder on (our 3rd on the pitch). thats should do it.'
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby BobKowalski » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:43 pm

Mike J wrote:it was absolutely dreadful, if it carries on like this then yes i will want him gone. im sorry but that just isnt good enough.

'hey bobby its 1-1, we should go and win this, stoke are shit'

'you know, you are right, get our one attacking midfielder off and put an over the hill defensive midfielder on (our 3rd on the pitch). thats should do it.'

Thought the one attacking player was injured? Damn I am now confused ok I am now going to watch the bloody thing but I leave you all with this prediction.

After the Stoke game on Tuesday there will be poll asking whether Mancini should be sacked. Only a convincing victory by 3 or more goals will postpone this momentous event.

Oh and the majority will want him sacked :)
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:43 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Right, I see now! How silly am I to not see the reason why.

Do you honestly believe that Vieira had a real impact on the game? I am watching it now as I recorded it and have seen Patrick do exactly feck all apart from give the ball away and not be able to chase it down. Strangely, exactly how I seen it the first time.

I'll give you a shout if anything changes.

He wasn't the only one to give the ball away, but he also gave Santa a great pass, just like the one he gave to Ade against Bolton, and Santa missed the chance. Had he scored, we would be talking about next round already, and saying Vieira had another assist.

Longball wrote:this is what u get when u employ an italian manager- dull- overfilled midfields-indolence-and a right to beat the likes of Stoke-wakeup call guys

I'm sure scoring three but conceding four is better. By all means, we have played poorly in the last few games, but should we count the poor games under the previous manager, I think we would have a pretty long list too.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:52 am

The start today was the best we have played for the last few games and overall I thought our performance v Stoke was marginally more entertaining than in the wins v Pompey and Notlob.All 3 were dire.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:16 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:The start today was the best we have played for the last few games and overall I thought our performance v Stoke was marginally more entertaining than in the wins v Pompey and Notlob.All 3 were dire.

I actually thought all our troubles were over the way we started, it was right back to the kind of football we used to play but there's still something missing. Perhaps if Tevez & Bellamy had been available things would have been different.

I don't particularly blame Mancini for that game, I think some of the players let him down.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:16 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:You and couple of other people who only came here after Hughes was appointed are only capable of talking about two things, me and Hughes. So yeah, you do seem to be Hughes lover big time and/or suffer from obsessive compulsive disorder.

I have to say that you have indeed been able to ruin this experience for me somewhat. Site that I have enjoyed for best part of decade.

Low mate, very low!

I've send him a PM and try to sort this out through that way. That said, from the bottom of my heart, he is the most annoying and repulsive poster I have ever seen in this site. That includes Andy Davies, the weird Greek fellers calling people racists and many many more "characters".

I know you don't see it. I know you're absolutely sincere. But you're miles offside with that - miles off.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby ant london » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:39 pm

I think MCFC1632 is a really good poster to be honest Antti......he's like the Luke Skywalker to your Darth Vader. You just don't like him because he goes for you like a dog with a bone. He is your nemesis.

Watching you two have a barney is like being in a park seeing this....very entertaining at times

ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:41 pm

ant london wrote:I think MCFC1632 is a really good poster to be honest Antti......he's like the Luke Skywalker to your Darth Vader. You just don't like him because he goes for you like a dog with a bone. He is your nemesis.

Watching you two have a barney is like being in a park seeing this....very entertaining at times

Mate, I like, no LOVE, having heated arguments. But this feller lacks any sense of humour and is becoming really really REALLY creepy.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Wooders » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:56 pm

have to agree with the others NQDP, a harsh assessment of a poster who I think comes off as quite a good bloke, and you know how easily I hate people
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:07 pm

Wooders wrote:have to agree with the others NQDP, a harsh assessment of a poster who I think comes off as quite a good bloke, and you know how easily I hate people

And that's exactly why I wish this thing to be sorted. Loads of people think he is alright (although I'm not the only who thinks he is a knob) so I want us both to keep posting but in separate ways. It's just fighting between him and me and has fuck all to do with football. On topic board shouldn't be polluted with pointless crap like that.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:08 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:You and couple of other people who only came here after Hughes was appointed are only capable of talking about two things, me and Hughes. So yeah, you do seem to be Hughes lover big time and/or suffer from obsessive compulsive disorder.

I have to say that you have indeed been able to ruin this experience for me somewhat. Site that I have enjoyed for best part of decade.

Low mate, very low!

I've send him a PM and try to sort this out through that way. That said, from the bottom of my heart, he is the most annoying and repulsive poster I have ever seen in this site. That includes Andy Davies, the weird Greek fellers calling people racists and many many more "characters".

NDQP - should I share the PM????

You make it sound all statesman like!!!

In fact it was just a tirade of vitriol and insults..

I will not bore everyone with the full text, but it starts:

"Look, I'm going to be honest here. In my opinion you are a complete and utter tosser. I'd like to put it nicer way and certainly don't enjoy calling you names but your bullshit is really ruining the board..... "

and ends:

"Point is, I'm really really tired with your bullshit."

So do not try and sound as if you were being conciliatory and trying to sort anything out - as I mentioned in my reply - if you just stop the double standards - me (and others) will stop feeling the need to pull you up for it
Last edited by mcfc1632 on Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:11 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Low mate, very low!

"Look, I'm going to be honest here. In my opinion you are a complete and utter tosser. I'd like to put it nicer way and certainly don't enjoy calling you names but your bullshit is really ruining the board..... "

and ends:

So do not try and sound as if you are trying to sort anything out - as I mentioned in my reply - if you just stop the double standards - me (and others will stop feeling the need to pull you up for it)

I've typed quite a lot inbetween though didn't I?

You putting things here in public that are sent to you in private goes to show what a lame excuse for a man you are. Also, you do not even have balls to use your real name when replying me in private. Again, I can't take shit excuse for a man like that serious.

Also the column you posted ended like this

Look, I'm going to be honest here. In my opinion you are a complete and utter tosser. I'd like to put it nicer way and certainly don't enjoy calling you names but your bullshit is really ruining the board so it's best dealt on PM in my humble opinion. I'm sure the feelings mutual.

Obviously you don't agree and want to keep ruining this board with this crap.

Like I said, no man at all but whiny little bitch.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Socrates » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:14 pm

Back to the OP. I don't think the plaster is dry yet let alone the paint. The football is boring at present but it will be while he addresses the defensive problems that got Hughes sacked. He hasn't brought in a whole new defence, he is working with the same players that failed woefully to play as an effective defensive unit under Hughes. Until he gets them to gel as a unit he will continueto look to protect them from midfield. The first choice defenders are only just finally back together. If they don't gel this time he will have to change them. Meantime he will continue to protect them.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:17 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Low mate, very low!

and ends:

So do not try and sound as if you are trying to sort anything out - as I mentioned in my reply - if you just stop the double standards - me (and others will stop feeling the need to pull you up for it)

well, at least he didn't apologize and try and bury the hatchet. That would have been truly scary to me to be honest.

i find this whole WWF-style smackdown between the two of you incredibly boring because there isn't really any debate or argument about anything related to anything. it's just lame name-calling and silly statements. "you creepy" (sic) "you are a WUM with a double standard", etc. Yaw-fucling-NNNN.

If you two are going to fight...strap it on and have a proper row that's worth me spending my time here for. I pay good money for my Premium subscription every month at mcf.net, which includes the POV movies which are a plus, and i want better content for my dollar.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:23 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Low mate, very low!

and ends:

well, at least he didn't apologize and try and bury the hatchet. That would have been truly scary to me to be honest.

i find this whole WWF-style smackdown between the two of you incredibly boring because there isn't really any debate or argument about anything related to anything. it's just lame name-calling and silly statements. "you creepy" (sic) "you are a WUM with a double standard", etc. Yaw-fucling-NNNN.

If you two are going to fight...strap it on and have a proper row that's worth me spending my time here for. I pay good money for my Premium subscription every month at mcf.net, which includes the POV movies which are a plus, and i want better content for my dollar.

cheers

Apologize for what? I tried to solve the thing in best possible manner. Like I said, there was lot more in that PM and following three.

I would never EVER apologise anything from a tosser who don't even have decency to deal private manners in private. I simply don't have any respect for someone like that.

This was what I send him today. I'm not going to post what he answered. That would simple not be on.

Like I said, if that's the way you feel, use the foe option. It will improve the quality of this site, the experience for you and the experience for me.

I don't like you, you don't like me, so why go through the trouble.

Antti

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wooders » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:27 pm

Socrates wrote:Back to the OP. I don't think the plaster is dry yet let alone the paint. The football is boring at present but it will be while he addresses the defensive problems that got Hughes sacked. He hasn't brought in a whole new defence, he is working with the same players that failed woefully to play as an effective defensive unit under Hughes. Until he gets them to gel as a unit he will continueto look to protect them from midfield. The first choice defenders are only just finally back together. If they don't gel this time he will have to change them. Meantime he will continue to protect them.

Its all a bit easy though soccs, whilst I agree in part, that we must show patience and allow him to mould the team, tinkering away on match day while he does it i fine to a certain extent, but like many others, I am very much reminded of Pearce at the moment, add to that the so called "italian philosophy" on football tactics (serie A is at an all time low for boringness imo) and I think I am justified with being a little concerned that the days of pacey counter attack exciting football may well be behind us for now and we'll have to make do with this - you score non, we'll score one mentality
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:36 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Low mate, very low!

and ends:

I've typed quite a lot inbetween though didn't I?

You putting things here in public that are sent to you in private goes to show what a lame excuse for a man you are. Also, you do not even have balls to use your real name when replying me in private. Again, I can't take shit excuse for a man like that serious.

Sorry NDQP - just more double standards from you.

Your post that states ".......I have sent him a PM..." carried some STATESMAN LIKE INFERENCE that you are sorting things out - being conciliatory etc - in so doing you were basically being publicly false to all the boards members - and it is for that reason I made that post quoting part of the PM - yet again exposing your double standards - but from my view point - if the issue is disclosing PM contents - you did that 1st by posting that you had sent me a PM and falsely inferring its contents - I just set the record straight!!

Should I post the rest? - as you infer between the start and the end that you posted 'much more' - yes but not a single word was conciliatory or remotely positive unless suggesting that my only purpose for being on the board is to cause havoc and suggesting that I foe you whilst stating that your never would etc - perhaps others would see the reasonable/conciliatory tone that I missed
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:44 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

Apologize for what? I tried to solve the thing in best possible manner. Like I said, there was lot more in that PM and following three.

I would never EVER apologise anything from a tosser who don't even have decency to deal private manners in private. I simply don't have any respect for someone like that.

This was what I send him today. I'm not going to post what he answered. That would simple not be on.

Antti

read what i wrote...yr getting blinded by this petty argument. Just surrender and move on. it's a stupid petty argument. You have to realize that as vocal as you were about a manager swap that some folks will give you stick now that we've changed course and the results and tactics look a bit shit. Ride out the storm with some class brother. Come on.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum