Stoke FA Cup player ratings

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Stoke FA Cup player ratings

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:52 am

Apart from Vieira in for Barry I see no other way we can counter these predictable, but, in our case, potentially damaging, tactics. No one should be given an 8/10, Id give Bridge a 7, SWP a 7, Ireland a 7. The rest 6's except Zabs 5 and Toure 4. Toure should be settled in by now but if it carries on you have to concede Wenger picked our pockets on this one. Its either his nervousness or the others making him nervous I cant decide. Could be the role he's asked to play, attacking the ball all the time. In the air from the straight ones he hardly gets near it and If Boyata played like that people would be saying it was inexperience and he should be taken out of the firing line. He's got more of the same on Tuesday.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby eastlandsblue » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:58 am

Given 5 Stays on his line too much
Zabaleta 4 worse erformance in a City shirt by him, dont know if Clattenbergs presense put in off
Toure 4 poor in the air and slower than a oil tanker at turning
Lescott 7 good performance today for him
Bridge 8 great going forward, pity Cappello cant attend evey game
SWP 8 hopefully the real SWP is back
de Jong 6 like a crab, only moves sideways, but he should be the only holding midfielder when were at home
Barry 6 got stuck in, but can still play better
Petrov 5 needs to stick to the left, he's so easy to defend against on the right
Ireland 7 thought he had one of his better games in his ideal role
Adebayor 5 needs to put more effort in when trying to jump

Vieira 5 hopefully he will get sharper the more he plays
RSC 6 looks alot more dangerous than Adebayor
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Grob » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:12 pm

Ill get some stuff on my chest about a few of them here.

Given - 6 - Shot stopping, great. The rest of the package is lacking at the moment. Has started to panic every now and again which is not like him. Somethings awry.

Zabaletta - 4 - Awful. Just shocking. Today proved once again why he is a squad player and not a starter. Richards has improved enough throughout this season to comfortable be our number one right back for me.

Toure - 6 - Looks like an accident waiting to happen. Never looks comfortable with Lescott. I think he would be more usefull in midfield.

Lescott - 7 - Looks the most comfortable at the back. I like him and I think he's good enough to be a starting central defender in a top side.

Bridge - 8 - MOM. Great going forward and at the back and ill never understand how anyone can rate the average Garrido over him. Its like night and day.

De Jong - 4 - If anyone can tell me one positive thing he did yesterday apart from not get booked or sent off then your a better man than i am. A one dimensional waste of space for matches we wish to actually win.

Barry - 6 - Sloppy at times but id much rather have him in the midfield pivot role. At least he can pass the ball and impact games. Plus its his best position.

Ireland - 6 - Started brightly, then dissappeared. Kevin says injury though so i should really be giving him a 10. In reality however hes been as big a dissappointment this season as that Brazillian twat we've just got shut of.

SWP - 7 - One of his better games untill he was moved to the left wing. SWP has never been anything more than hopeless on the left hand side.

Petrov - 5 - If he had a pair of bollocks he would be a world beater. Talented footballer but a fanny and ill be happy to see him leave in the summer. A hinderence to the team when we are under pressure, he doesnt want to know.

Adebayor - 5 - Lazy, clumsy, talented but inconsistant. Would rather play the safer Santa Cruz, at least he brings players into the game. Adebayor is my summer casualty, flog him.

Subs

Vieria - 6 - Brought some urgency to the midfield and actually wanted the ball and wanted to make a difference. Adebayor had long since given up though.

Santa - Showed some urgency and was a good target to hit. Arkward player to defend against, he's very strong.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:35 pm

Given 6
Zabaleta 4- not the right man for the job today
Toure 6
Lescott 6- would have been higher had the team put in a better overall performance
Bridge 8.5
SWP 8
de Jong 5
Barry 6- as per Lescott
Petrov 4
Ireland 5
Adebayor 6
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:37 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:Given 6
Zabaleta 4- not the right man for the job today
Toure 6
Lescott 6- would have been higher had the team put in a better overall performance
Bridge 8.5
SWP 8
de Jong 5
Barry 6- as per Lescott
Petrov 4
Ireland 5
Adebayor 6

BiB, you do understand the reasoning behind the "players" ratings?
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Gloryhunter123 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:26 pm

They were all wank the game wasnt even worth watching .
Gloryhunter123
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: Sparky haters !
My favourite player is: Swp

Postby Nige » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:19 pm

AFKAE wrote:
Colin the King wrote:Given 6- Not thoroughly tested and can't really be held accountable for their goal. He's started to make me nervous recently though with these 'clever' chipped clearances. I just get the feeling it'll backfire on him one day.

I really wish he would stop kicking it out full stop. It continually results in giving possession to the opposition. 20 seconds later the balls coming back at you as the opposition attack.

Toure, I don't think he won a single one of his 50/50 aerial challenges. Everyone beats him so easily in the air.

Agree with this. We all can see Shay's kicking is crap at the moment so the defenders need to sharpen up and lump it clear rather than knock it back. Toure was really bad, his chin is on his chest for most of the game and he hardly won a header. Not the characteristics of the captain of a £200M team.
lets wish for good days but not forget the bad days
Nige
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Fern 1

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum