Toure

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Toure

Postby zuricity » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:52 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Can someone who has posted give me some examples of his inadequacies tonight?

Constantly losing headers to their strikers all game.

Just before half time a throw in came towards him. He failed to control it. Poached by their player. Put team under pressure. There were a few other occasions where he was snoozing when people passed to him.

Trying to bring the ball out of defence on several occasions A La Distin and giving it away by being tackled or passing to an opponent.

On 90% of occasions hoofing hopeful balls towards Adebayor. To a player who clearly is crap at it, and also by-passing the midfield and ruining our distribution from defence which had been much better while he was away on African Nations duties.

Without going into the rest, are you really sure that our quality of distribution was better without him?

Seems that 'Scape' and 'Goat' springs to mind here! Where's that Micah Guy......sure he'd get it as well!

I am
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby gillie » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:57 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Can someone who has posted give me some examples of his inadequacies tonight?

Just before half time a throw in came towards him. He failed to control it. Poached by their player. Put team under pressure. There were a few other occasions where he was snoozing when people passed to him.

Trying to bring the ball out of defence on several occasions A La Distin and giving it away by being tackled or passing to an opponent.

On 90% of occasions hoofing hopeful balls towards Adebayor. To a player who clearly is crap at it, and also by-passing the midfield and ruining our distribution from defence which had been much better while he was away on African Nations duties.

Without going into the rest, are you really sure that our quality of distribution was better without him?

Seems that 'Scape' and 'Goat' springs to mind here! Where's that Micah Guy......sure he'd get it as well!
Beefy mate lescott held our back line together tonight mate.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:57 pm

zuricity wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:

I am

I take it that's an 'I am'? I disagree and think that Kolo adds far more to the squad than he detracts. Don't get me wrong, I believed that Dunney gave us more, but in the absence, he gives far more than any other defensive player we have.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:02 pm

gillie wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:

Beefy mate lescott held our back line together tonight mate.

I know, but that was for tonight. He is getting better and I do think he'll take us further up the ladder, however the back 4 still don't seem to be fully compus mentus. Kolo seems to have taken over the Dunney crown without actually doing anything wrong.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby branny » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Try Toure at RB. He is not good enough in the air to be a CB and with regards to his positioning he is quite often on the wrong side of a striker which may not be as damaging out wide. Zabba needs taking out of the back 4 as his discipline is often found wanting which results in bookings and needless free kicks putting us under more pressure.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum