Toure

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Toure

Postby Mr Miyagi » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:41 pm

First a message for Original Dub - don't bother reading this thread because I'm about to slag off an individual player straight after a match. You won't like it.

Right. Today I saw 90 minutes that summed up all the flaws in Toure's game:
1) His positioning is poor. He cannot use his pace anymore to recover his starting position like he used to.

2) He looks for the long ball to Adebayor repeatedly. Ade is not good with long balls and Toure should know this as an ex-teammate. It also means we are by-passing the midfield.

3) He loses concentration and makes sloppy mistakes, e.g. mis-controlling simple pass to him and putting the team under pressure.

4) He tries to bring the ball out of defence but gives the ball away.

5) He gets muscled off the ball and loses too many headers.

Top defenders have an ability to sniff out danger and deal with it. This is the worst thing about Toure, which is he doesn't deal decisively with danger. In fact, on some occasions, he tries to deal with things and has the opposite effect - he makes things even worse. We cannot allow this at the heart of defence. We are stuck with a captain who needs dropping from the team.
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Re: Toure

Postby david yearsley » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:44 pm

Agreed - not slagging the lad off but I think he´s cover and no more when Komps fit
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Dazzacity » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:47 pm

If anyone needs singling out after that performance-it should be Zabz.Usualy think hes a solid player,but he was fookin shocking today!!
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby paulmclaren » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:48 pm

david yearsley wrote:Agreed - not slagging the lad off but I think he´s cover and no more when Komps fit

Defiantly.
A very poor buy.
No wonder the Arsenal fans were laughing when we bought him.
And captain too?
Jesus.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby paulmclaren » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:49 pm

Dazzacity wrote:If anyone needs singling out after that performance-it should be Zabz.Usualy think hes a solid player,but he was fookin shocking today!!

But Toure is like this week in week out?
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mr Miyagi » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:54 pm

Dazzacity wrote:If anyone needs singling out after that performance-it should be Zabz.Usualy think hes a solid player,but he was fookin shocking today!!

Don't worry I've given Zabba the slagging he deserved in the player ratings thread. As another said, Zabba's was out of the ordinary. Toure's performances are a long term problem.
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zuricity » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:57 pm

Surprised it's taken you all so long.

Zabaleta had a really bad game today too.

However. Given had four seconds, (38 metre throw-in) to move his arse off the line and move five yards to collect or punch the throw in .... and he didn't.

He also casually kicked the ball out in a 'throw-in' danger zone. Simply not good enough.

However , in general I agree with the topic creator. Toure is simply not good enough.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby failsworthblue » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:01 pm

He is the weak link in the defence and was that idiot Hughes captain.

Kompany is far better and is a good partner for lescott , who i think is a cracking player.

Time for Roberto to act and save this season, which is rapidly going downhill.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mr Miyagi » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:02 pm

zuricity wrote:However. Given had four seconds, (38 metre throw-in) to move his arse off the line and move five yards to collect or punch the throw in .... and he didn't.

He also casually kicked the ball out in a 'throw-in' danger zone. Simply not good enough.

Your points are well made but I'm trying to discuss Toure only.

Feel free to start a Given thread though :-) I'm happy to contribute :-)
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:02 pm

Toure had a really good game in my opinion, it was Mad Frank who had a poor appearance. Kolo covered and cleared up everything that was coming through and it was only the Delap throw that saw the entire zonal marking system fall apart.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:04 pm

failsworthblue wrote:He is the weak link in the defence and was that idiot Hughes captain.

Kompany is far better and is a good partner for lescott , who i think is a cracking player.

I agree Toure is looking a weak player and it surprises me that he been brought straight back into the team after the African thingy and back as captain. I also have a worrying feeling Mancini likes him and might keep him in whoever is available.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby zuricity » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:06 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
zuricity wrote:However. Given had four seconds, (38 metre throw-in) to move his arse off the line and move five yards to collect or punch the throw in .... and he didn't.

Your points are well made but I'm trying to discuss Toure only.

Feel free to start a Given thread though :-) I'm happy to contribute :-)

You could ask me about a zabaleta thread too.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby paulmclaren » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:07 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
failsworthblue wrote:He is the weak link in the defence and was that idiot Hughes captain.

I agree Toure is looking a weak player and it surprises me that he been brought straight back into the team after the African thingy and back as captain. I also have a worrying feeling Mancini likes him and might keep him in whoever is available.

We paid that much money for him.
Somehow, i don't think it's his choice?
We bought quiet a few massive money shitters lately.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zuricity » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:08 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

Why should it surprise you ? He is the club captain and supposed to be 'up for it'. Drogba went straight into the Chelsea. team . AS i see it , we bought a duffer and we're just being polite to avoid him getting dropped. He should not even be in the starting eleven , never mind captain.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby gillie » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:10 pm

I agree Shaft was absolutely crap this evening but i do think Zabs poor showing leant a lot to it.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby paulmclaren » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:11 pm

No way do i think zabs was our worst player today?
He was poor like most of them.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Crossie » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:12 pm

I agree, I think Zabaletta is a Pearce style player, and in a Pearce team, he would look like one of the better players. But lets be honest, he just runs about alot, and gets booked every other game, and thats about it.

Its taken over 2 years to think it, but i cant wait for micah to be fit again
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:17 pm

Can someone who has posted give me some examples of his inadequacies tonight?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mr Miyagi » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:23 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Can someone who has posted give me some examples of his inadequacies tonight?

Constantly losing headers to their strikers all game.

Just before half time a throw in came towards him. He failed to control it. Poached by their player. Put team under pressure. There were a few other occasions where he was snoozing when people passed to him.

Trying to bring the ball out of defence on several occasions A La Distin and giving it away by being tackled or passing to an opponent.

On 90% of occasions hoofing hopeful balls towards Adebayor. To a player who clearly is crap at it, and also by-passing the midfield and ruining our distribution from defence which had been much better while he was away on African Nations duties.
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:50 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Can someone who has posted give me some examples of his inadequacies tonight?

Constantly losing headers to their strikers all game.

Just before half time a throw in came towards him. He failed to control it. Poached by their player. Put team under pressure. There were a few other occasions where he was snoozing when people passed to him.

Trying to bring the ball out of defence on several occasions A La Distin and giving it away by being tackled or passing to an opponent.

On 90% of occasions hoofing hopeful balls towards Adebayor. To a player who clearly is crap at it, and also by-passing the midfield and ruining our distribution from defence which had been much better while he was away on African Nations duties.

Without going into the rest, are you really sure that our quality of distribution was better without him?

Seems that 'Scape' and 'Goat' springs to mind here! Where's that Micah Guy......sure he'd get it as well!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum