Left footed corner? Right footed corner?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Left footed corner? Right footed corner?

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:36 pm

Why did we only ave 4 players in the box for a corner against stoke? it was laughable, like we knew we wouldnt score this way, so why bother.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:42 pm

Funny how after untold milions spent, managers in/out, different styles of play, tactics etc we still seem a bit green when it comes to set pieces, when they are a major part of the English game(like it or not). I dont have an answer by the way, but looking into my crystal ball I'd say another one does for us Tuesday. Would be nice if we replied in kind, but as I said, strange how we have never quite get to grips with set plays on a regular basis. I remember when Anelka was taking the corners. Happy days
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby King Kev » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:04 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Why did we only ave 4 players in the box for a corner against stoke? it was laughable, like we knew we wouldnt score this way, so why bother.
Agreed, yet we persisted in playing the high ball into the box at every opportunity! I was going fucking mental at watching their defenders winning everything in the air yet we refused to play the ball on the ground! Very frustrating indeed, I hope the coaching staff learn from it.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby CityFanFromRome » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:24 am

King Kev wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Why did we only ave 4 players in the box for a corner against stoke? it was laughable, like we knew we wouldnt score this way, so why bother.
Agreed, yet we persisted in playing the high ball into the box at every opportunity! I was going fucking mental at watching their defenders winning everything in the air yet we refused to play the ball on the ground! Very frustrating indeed, I hope the coaching staff learn from it.

I don't think hitting high balls into the box was a choice, they were all defending in their box so finding space on the deck was always going to be difficult, if you could put a ball over their heads and pick one of our players, he'd have a great chance to score, exactly like Santa had with the Vieira pass. It was either that, or go down the flanks and try to stretch them a bit wider, but then you still have to cross and a low cross would have never worked, so again the ball would have been high.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum