The Reason Ireland Was Replaced Today

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Reason Ireland Was Replaced Today

Postby Manx Blue » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:22 am

I concur with Kev. There is a moment where he plays the ball out to the left just in front of the bench, and immediately grabs the top of his leg. I thought it was his thigh he was feeling myself
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby ant london » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:26 am

Manx Blue wrote:I concur with Kev. There is a moment where he plays the ball out to the left just in front of the bench, and immediately grabs the top of his leg. I thought it was his thigh he was feeling myself

I don't think there's any doubt for me that he was taken off due to being injured

It's why he didn't do much of any note for 95% of the time he was on the pitch that concerns me. The substitution I have no issue with
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby King Kev » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:22 am

Some people seem to think that Ireland shouldn't have played if he wasn't fit. It seems pretty obvious to me that he was fit then got injured during the game.

I sometimes wonder if the people making the ludicrous comments I have read have actually seen the game!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:24 am

King Kev wrote:Some people seem to think that Ireland shouldn't have played if he wasn't fit. It seems pretty obvious to me that he was fit then got injured during the game.

I sometimes wonder if the people making the ludicrous comments I have read have actually seen the game!

Agreed. He was a key erason why we looked so bright in the early stages of the matc. He was buzzing around the front making quick passes and looking for the return and to open the defence up. He set up the goal with a lovely pass and then IT happened. Whatever IT was we lost momentum and seemingly desire to flow forwards. Maybe he was injured early on but I doubt that.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby eastlandsblue » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:24 am

King Kev wrote:Some people seem to think that Ireland shouldn't have played if he wasn't fit. It seems pretty obvious to me that he was fit then got injured during the game.

Thought it was a shocking decision to take him off until I found out he was injured. Ireland looked alot happier in his position yesterday, but the midfield still looks over crowded
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Grob » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:30 pm

Ill give him the benefit if he had an injury but his performance yesterday was pretty much on par with what he has produced this season, which is not enough.

Ireland looks like a player who is lacking in confidence. He's a very able footballer, he either doesnt trust himself or doesnt know how to affect matches like we know he can at the moment. Even when he plays in his preferred role he's not been anywhere near the heights of last season.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Original Dub » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:45 pm

First twenty minutes he looked back to his old self, but faded with the rest of the team.

Having said that by the time he went off he'd set up a goal and a couple more chances and if he does that in every game added to scoring some himself I'll be happy with that.

The one thing I see is that his tackling is not the same. In fact, its a LOT worse. Like someone said, it seems a confidence thing, but if he wasn't on the pitch yesterday we'd probably be out of the cup, so I'm chuffed he started.

Actually, where's VHero and his "thats fucking bollox that is. More fucking excuses for Stevie fucking Ireland. Everyone wanks over him just because he fucking sets up two fucking goals in his last two fucking starts. He is not fucking injured it is a fucking excuse and I fucking HATE him. I fucking HATE him!!!"

Or something like that...

On a serious note, the onyl thing that's gonna get him back to anything like his best is a run of four or five games and unfortunately, he seems to keep picking them up throughout the season.

I'll keep the faith though, I've seen enough to know he can become one of the best. I hope Mancini has too, even in videos from last season, because you can be sure as shit other top managers have.

The sooner he gets fit and back in the side regularly, the better, especially given how boring and defensive we've been for a while now, particularly at home.
Original Dub

Postby Socrates » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:46 pm

BlueMoonAwoken wrote:If you looked at the subs bench there was no attacking players on it bar santa cruz? im tired at the moment but are all out attcking players injured?

We had a chance to get this game out of the way without having an even tougher battle away at stoke where the players will know they have been in a game. Winning breads confidence , playing defensively against stoke does not.

Who do you think should have been on the bench that wasn't then?
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:00 pm

Socrates wrote:
BlueMoonAwoken wrote:If you looked at the subs bench there was no attacking players on it bar santa cruz? im tired at the moment but are all out attcking players injured?

We had a chance to get this game out of the way without having an even tougher battle away at stoke where the players will know they have been in a game. Winning breads confidence , playing defensively against stoke does not.

Torres, Messi, Iniesta....

; )
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby King Kev » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:07 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:
Socrates wrote:

Torres, Messi, Iniesta....

; )

Torres is injured.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:20 pm

He's not injured! It's just our defensive minded coaches refusing to buy him.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby dikdik » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:29 pm

Before his injury Ireland in his familiar role was magnificent
He got zero help from Rigsby who had a mare of a game.
I was also furious when he was taken off and didn't realise till I got home that it was because he was injured.
I'm off to Specsavers tomorrow.
dikdik
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Bingo Lewis » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:48 am

He defo looked like he was struggling 10 mins prior to being subbed.
Mancini shouldn't have put Vieira on though, that was shite. RSC was the right move.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:34 am

I wouldn't be suprised if Stevie injury was somewhat exagerrated and its not that bad but with his propensity for lieing he will make it out to be worse than it is.I think he was taken off because like most of the season he was not playing very well.I know theres people on here willing to credit him with miracles that he apparently performs but to say he made an assist for SWP goal against Stoke is pushing it a bit far.It was more SWP determination and the fact that the Stoke player headed it back to him was the reason for the goal.
I know its against the law to say anything against Stevie on here and I will probably get slated from pillar to post for saying this but hey ho,cant help what I think
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Original Dub » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:52 am

Rag_hater wrote:I wouldn't be suprised if Stevie injury was somewhat exagerrated and its not that bad but with his propensity for lieing he will make it out to be worse than it is.I think he was taken off because like most of the season he was not playing very well.I know theres people on here willing to credit him with miracles that he apparently performs but to say he made an assist for SWP goal against Stoke is pushing it a bit far.It was more SWP determination and the fact that the Stoke player headed it back to him was the reason for the goal.
I know its against the law to say anything against Stevie on here and I will probably get slated from pillar to post for saying this but hey ho,cant help what I think

Rag_hater wrote:I wouldn't be suprised if Stevie injury was somewhat exagerrated and its not that bad but with his propensity for lieing he will make it out to be worse than it is.I think he was taken off because like most of the season he was not playing very well.I know theres people on here willing to credit him with miracles that he apparently performs but to say he made an assist for SWP goal against Stoke is pushing it a bit far.It was more SWP determination and the fact that the Stoke player headed it back to him was the reason for the goal.

Robinho's been class though, and so loyal.

He never lies.

I love Robinho, I'll probably get slagged pillar to post for saying so.

You're a Hypocrite chief
Original Dub

Postby Renato_CTID » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:53 am

Grob wrote:Ill give him the benefit if he had an injury but his performance yesterday was pretty much on par with what he has produced this season, which is not enough.

Ireland looks like a player who is lacking in confidence. He's a very able footballer, he either doesnt trust himself or doesnt know how to affect matches like we know he can at the moment. Even when he plays in his preferred role he's not been anywhere near the heights of last season.

Totally agree with you, mate!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:58 am

Ireland is easily our most composed player on the ball,FACT.

He should start when fit his game will come back.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby The Foggy Blue » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:05 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:Ireland is easily our most composed player on the ball,FACT.

THIS
The Foggy Blue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Original Dub » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:09 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:Ireland is easily our most composed player on the ball,FACT.

I think so too... the only thing he's lacking from is a run of 5 games to get his sharpness/confidence back. Prutting him in the reserves/taking him out of the squad altogether as some are suggesting is NOT the answer.

He's below par, no doubt about it, but even when the guy gives an assist, folk say "It wasn't really an assist". I mean for fuck sake, if that's not player bashing I don't know what is. If he was as shit as some are making out, he wouldn't have opened the Pompey and Stoke defence for Ade and SWP to score with fantastic passing.

Shit, Rag_Hater is calling him a liar and trying to tell us that he isn't injured.

FUCKING WOW.
Original Dub

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:14 pm

Original Dub wrote:

I think so too... the only thing he's lacking from is a run of 5 games to get his sharpness/confidence back. Prutting him in the reserves/taking him out of the squad altogether as some are suggesting is NOT the answer.

He's below par, no doubt about it, but even when the guy gives an assist, folk say "It wasn't really an assist". I mean for fuck sake, if that's not player bashing I don't know what is. If he was as shit as some are making out, he wouldn't have opened the Pompey and Stoke defence for Ade and SWP to score with fantastic passing.

Shit, Rag_Hater is calling him a liar and trying to tell us that he isn't injured.

FUCKING WOW.

Everyone else in that midfield can hardly pass fucking wind let alone the football get Stevie in the middle tell him to get box to box and attack,do what he was doing last season.

Oh and tell the others to look at where he is passing to.

Ie attacking situations.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum