the most negative team.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

the most negative team.

Postby gillie » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:18 pm

In the top six at the moment are us.We are the most uninspiring team and i will not appologise for this but whilst we have an Italian coach we will not get much better.Yes you have guessed it i am not convinced by Mr Mancini but just look at our style of play 3 yes 3 DMs at home if that does not tell you we are now italian i dont know what will.I enjoyed the first part of this season as the football was exciting but i suppose excitement is not what is needed only CL will sate.Give me excitement anytime over the boring dross being served up at the moment.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Re: the most negative team.

Postby Wooders » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:20 pm

now then....

is THIS the first of the "Mancini out" threads?

I'll be honest I'm confused
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby gillie » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:24 pm

Wooders wrote:now then....

is THIS the first of the "Mancini out" threads?

I'll be honest I'm confused

Wooders mate i dont give 2 fucks if it is considered that as the guy is so ultra defensive its really untrue when you consider the attacking players we have.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:28 pm

How about Liverpool for that accolade.Without Torres they clearly play a defensive game and hope for a break goal to hold onto and make no apologies for doing it.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby gillie » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:32 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:How about Liverpool for that accolade.Without Torres they clearly play a defensive game and hope for a break goal to hold onto and make no apologies for doing it.

Doug with all due respect mate we dont have a midfield capable of holding onto a Torres goal and thats where Scouse win it in midfield.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:39 pm

gillie wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:How about Liverpool for that accolade.Without Torres they clearly play a defensive game and hope for a break goal to hold onto and make no apologies for doing it.

Doug with all due respect mate we dont have a midfield capable of holding onto a Torres goal and thats where Scouse win it in midfield.

Not really sure what you mean there Gillie. I do accept they have a better midfield with a bit more zip and aggression and it's up top they are severely lacking. I suppose it' a result of that which makes them play the way they currently are. Our midfield though , based on sending out 2 or now 3 holding players is all about , stopping the opposition getting at us easily and in theory attacking with a quality 3 or maybe 4 up front.

Trouble is if those 3 or 4 are not on song we look quite insipid and flat. Our plan isn't to score one goal and then defend. IS IT?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby BobKowalski » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:45 pm

Hands down its Liverpool. Arse were not that much better that day and I am still chuckling at the sight of Wenger shutting up shop with 10mins left and no one on the team quite sure how to do it!
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby HeyMark » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:35 am

Gillie its only Hughes that would ever dream of playing 3 defensive midfielders!

The football we are playing atm is absolutely dire! Some of Mancinis subs look just as clueless as hughes!
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby irblinx » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:37 am

The team are nowhere near as negative as you are Gillie!

The new manager has been in the job less than two months and already the knives are out, he has had to contend with a dreadful injury/absence list, learning a new language, getting to grips with a new and different league and a team who had forgotten how to win a game of football. So shock horror he is concentrating on trying to make us a solid unit. Yes we are far from perfect but infinitely improved defensively from the Hughes era.

Mancini will make mistakes, I'm not convince that Vieira will make the pace in the Prem for instance, everybody does but to be judging him at this stage is an absolute farce. This forum (and City fans in general) has become a joke with so many of the posters expecting instant success and turning on the manager and individual players at the earliest opportunity, it's like everyone has forgotten the last thirty odd years and think we have a divine right to win every trophy available.
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:52 am

irblinx wrote:The team are nowhere near as negative as you are Gillie!

The new manager has been in the job less than two months and already the knives are out, he has had to contend with a dreadful injury/absence list, learning a new language, getting to grips with a new and different league and a team who had forgotten how to win a game of football. .

Please defend the bloke with all means but can you people not do it with the slightest bit of honesty?

Results of previous games to Mancini: Arsenal W, Chelsea W, Bolton D, Spurs L, Sunderland W.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:06 am

gillie wrote:In the top six at the moment are us.We are the most uninspiring team and i will not appologise for this but whilst we have an Italian coach we will not get much better.Yes you have guessed it i am not convinced by Mr Mancini but just look at our style of play 3 yes 3 DMs at home if that does not tell you we are now italian i dont know what will.I enjoyed the first part of this season as the football was exciting but i suppose excitement is not what is needed only CL will sate.Give me excitement anytime over the boring dross being served up at the moment.

From reading Spurs fans forums they may disagree and the Pool fans. 4th is there for the taking sadly no one wants to take it.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby eastlandsblue » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:07 am

gillie wrote:In the top six at the moment are us.We are the most uninspiring team and i will not appologise for this but whilst we have an Italian coach we will not get much better.Yes you have guessed it i am not convinced by Mr Mancini but just look at our style of play 3 yes 3 DMs at home if that does not tell you we are now italian i dont know what will.I enjoyed the first part of this season as the football was exciting but i suppose excitement is not what is needed only CL will sate.Give me excitement anytime over the boring dross being served up at the moment.

Totally agree, and yesterday was probably the second time in 33 years that I questioned myself about renewing my season tkt. The first time was after the Portsmouth game, Joe Royle's squad in 2001 was more attacking than this, and thats saying something
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby King Kev » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:51 am

Most successful teams are built from the back. We can conceded 12 goals in the 12 games that Mancini has been in charge, this compares to 20 conceded in the previous 12.

Once we have the defence sorted then we can concentrate on attacking, once we have that mastered we can try to play some pretty football. Once we have done all that we will have to find something else to moan about.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby eastlandsblue » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:14 pm

When we stop moaning about the negative football, we can moan about that. Your not happy and a City fan at the same time
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Socrates » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:07 pm

King Kev wrote:Most successful teams are built from the back. We can conceded 12 goals in the 12 games that Mancini has been in charge, this compares to 20 conceded in the previous 12.

Once we have the defence sorted then we can concentrate on attacking, once we have that mastered we can try to play some pretty football. Once we have done all that we will have to find something else to moan about.

Spot on mate. Under Hughes the castle looked pretty but it kept getting burgled. We now have some construction work under way to make us more secure and while it is being worked on it won't look very nice. After it's complete though the prettiness can be restored.

As for the OP, please can we stop banging on about the manager's nationality? He no longer manages in Italy because he isn't a typical Italian manager. While I know it's impossible for some knobheads on here to be able to differentiate foregners from each other I didn't think Gillie was such a person. I wasn't aware that all British managers were exactly the same as each other, if they aren't then why should all Italians be?
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Crossie » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:47 pm

I dont care how we do it, but i want 4th place.

Before the season I thought 5th or 6th would be good. But the circumstances right now say we will lose 4th place, not win it. Its right in our hands.

Im shitting it though, our performances are shit.

If we get 4th and Champs League, im sure we will see performance improvements next season with the same manager.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby zuricity » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:49 pm

Just imagine how Stoke feel or Liverpool. It's impossible to predict which City team turn up. So how can Benitez plan ? or Pullis for that matter ?

IT's a shame that Bellamy got his head kicked in last weekend, but it would be good if he could start on Tuesday , alongside Johnson and possibly even Ireland again if he is fit.

I think Petrov has proved that he can no longer cross the ball properly, his crosses and corners were dire yesterday.

However, like I write above. City can change their team with confidence. I would play Vieira from the start on tuesday and give De Jong a rest he is not playing too well. Push zabs into midfield for him and get Richards, Kompany, Lescott and Bridge playing. Sorry, Toure must be dropped, he just is not good enough. I'd give the captains band to PV. (Even Toure respects him).

We need three points on Tuesday more so than on Saturday against Liverpool (we can draw that one. That keeps them at bay).

Given really needs a kick up the A*se to get off his line and to be a lot more sensible with his distribution.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:49 pm

HeyMark wrote:The football we are playing atm is absolutely dire! Some of Mancinis subs look just as clueless as hughes!

When I saw the bench for yesterday's game, I knew that the stream wasn't going to get my full attention, and got a book out. When it went after 74 mins, I didn't even bother trying to find a new one.

And I've already made alternative plans for tuesday.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby irblinx » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:01 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

The new manager has been in the job less than two months and already the knives are out, he has had to contend with a dreadful injury/absence list, learning a new language, getting to grips with a new and different league and a team who had forgotten how to win a game of football. .

Please defend the bloke with all means but can you people not do it with the slightest bit of honesty?

Results of previous games to Mancini: Arsenal W, Chelsea W, Bolton D, Spurs L, Sunderland W.

Care to qualify what the fuck you mean by "you people"?!

Go back a bit further from your listed games, we started the season with W,W,W,W,W,L,W,W which was then followed by a dire sequence of D,D,D,W,D,D,D,W,W,D,L,W. With the possible exception of the Chelsea game (surprise surprise we can get motivated for the big games) we were pretty unconvincing and continually gave soft goals away and there was nothing in Hughe's last game in charge that suggested that would change.
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:43 pm

irblinx wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Care to qualify what the fuck you mean by "you people"?!

Go back a bit further from your listed games, we started the season with W,W,W,W,W,L,W,W which was then followed by a dire sequence of D,D,D,W,D,D,D,W,W,D,L,W. With the possible exception of the Chelsea game (surprise surprise we can get motivated for the big games) we were pretty unconvincing and continually gave soft goals away and there was nothing in Hughe's last game in charge that suggested that would change.

FFS the whole team must have a severe case of amnesia if they forgot how to win.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum