Mancini OUT

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Mancini OUT

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:21 pm

I'll comment........MANCINI IN.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:25 pm

we look silly.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:35 pm

johnpb78 wrote:nobody has called me a cunt yet for starting the thread. speaks volumes about our manager.

I really dont want or expect him to be sacked, it was more a tongue in cheek thread, but some interesting response

I don't think you should be called a cunt for that. IF you HONESTLY believe that we'd be better off without him and he is hindering our progress in long term then you can say so.

How you could've reached that conclusion in two months when the results have been pretty good overall is different thing.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:38 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:nobody has called me a cunt yet for starting the thread. speaks volumes about our manager.

I really dont want or expect him to be sacked, it was more a tongue in cheek thread, but some interesting response

I don't think you should be called a cunt for that. IF you HONESTLY believe that we'd be better off without him and he is hindering our progress in long term then you can say so.

How you could've reached that conclusion in two months when the results have been pretty good overall is different thing.

long-term... whatever.... words... can't be arsed.

However, honestly, he's hindering my enjoyment at the moment. I'm just pleased we're on the TV a lot - because I'd rather use the old 'entertainment budget' to go and see a gig/have some pints.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby razor400 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:17 pm

Mrs razor here. As a neutral I'm still seeing that one enduring problem City have...the blowing hot and cold during the match. For some reason, and it escapes me why, you can turn from completely mind blowing football (even with 3 defensive mids) to when we gonna get to the pub Sunday league. I'm sorry but that's not management. That's "erm..excuse me highly paid players... pull your bloody finger out on the pitch, use your bloody brains in conjunction with your feet and play a consistent 90 minutes."
No matter what the set up there is enough quality on that pitch to beat any team in the premiership. Your team is in the hunt at the moment for the FA Cup and the Champions league, they should be highly self motivated. I'm not seeing that week in week out. It's STILL patchy.
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:27 pm

razor400 wrote:Mrs razor here. As a neutral I'm still seeing that one enduring problem City have...the blowing hot and cold during the match. For some reason, and it escapes me why, you can turn from completely mind blowing football (even with 3 defensive mids) to when we gonna get to the pub Sunday league. I'm sorry but that's not management. That's "erm..excuse me highly paid players... pull your bloody finger out on the pitch, use your bloody brains in conjunction with your feet and play a consistent 90 minutes."
No matter what the set up there is enough quality on that pitch to beat any team in the premiership. Your team is in the hunt at the moment for the FA Cup and the Champions league, they should be highly self motivated. I'm not seeing that week in week out. It's STILL patchy.

i'd agree Madame Razor. it's fuclin puzzling and quizzical. Is the team not that fit? Do we change some tactics midmatch that confuse the fucl out of a few players and they go missing? It's astounding really...i thought the first 15-20 vs. Stoke were pretty good football and i thought surely we were going to bang one or two in and get the tie sorted, but we couldn't and you could just see us deflate, then bounce back for some 'better' football the last 15 or so. Still too many long balls, etc but some of them were nice, direct balls and i can't be an elitist about it...if the direct ball works and you score everyone loves it, if it doesn't you are playing shit football.

I believe the starting point is appointing a Captain who wants to be a vocal field general and get it sorted on the pitch.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby btajim » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:47 pm

I'm seeing very little from Mancini in the last few Matches to indicate he is going to be a significant improvement from any entertaining, flowing, attacking Football we've been given before. Perhaps he needs time to bring in the Players he wants to work with - but there's enough of them in the Squad now to ensure we're enjoying the Matches.

Yesterday was tedious. Our Goal was lucky and Stoke's was about as predictable as can be. I don't fancy much more than 1 point on Tuesday and some disappointment in the following week.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby razor400 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:53 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
razor400 wrote:Mrs razor here. As a neutral I'm still seeing that one enduring problem City have...the blowing hot and cold during the match. For some reason, and it escapes me why, you can turn from completely mind blowing football (even with 3 defensive mids) to when we gonna get to the pub Sunday league. I'm sorry but that's not management. That's "erm..excuse me highly paid players... pull your bloody finger out on the pitch, use your bloody brains in conjunction with your feet and play a consistent 90 minutes."

i'd agree Madame Razor. it's fuclin puzzling and quizzical. Is the team not that fit? Do we change some tactics midmatch that confuse the fucl out of a few players and they go missing? It's astounding really...i thought the first 15-20 vs. Stoke were pretty good football and i thought surely we were going to bang one or two in and get the tie sorted, but we couldn't and you could just see us deflate, then bounce back for some 'better' football the last 15 or so. Still too many long balls, etc but some of them were nice, direct balls and i can't be an elitist about it...if the direct ball works and you score everyone loves it, if it doesn't you are playing shit football.

I believe the starting point is appointing a Captain who wants to be a vocal field general and get it sorted on the pitch.

cheers

Spot on! If Shay Given was a central midfielder you'd have it cracked. Upon reflection I'm not sure the 'skeleton' of the first team has been created yet. And a leader would have to come from that backbone and I wouldn't have Toure in it. You'd have a herniated disc. Is it fair to blame Mancini for that. Not so sure. These aren't his players, he's had little or no budget and a shed load of injuries. If I had all the answers I'd be the first bird managing a prem team but I lean more to knowledge of tactics on the pitch than off it. Saying that he needs to bench Barry.
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:52 pm

ant london wrote:Just to re-iterate, he has my absolute full support.

I do not remotely want another change in manager....sacking Roberto Mancini after 6 months would just be a huge mistake, it would send out the worst signals about how the club is run. I agree with MCFC1632, if the board were not confident that Mancini was the right replacement then Hughes should have been given the full season if no other appropriate (long term) candidate were available.

But that does not change the fact that I am hating what I am seeing on the pitch currently and that worries me, it worries me that I am hearing that the natives are restless in the stands, it worries me that the owners/board might press the panic button again and that would be a massive blunder.

But I also understand that if fans are paying to sit and watch shit from the same players they have previously been entertained by, it is pretty natural that they will start to grumble and show their feelings quite quickly if they feel that the change of manager has actually taken the club backwards in performance/entertainment terms

ILL JUST AGREE WITH THIS POST WHICH IS PROBABLY THE FIRST TIME EVER.
BTW IM WATCHING BOLTON V SPURS AND IT IS A FANTASTIC MATCH TO WATCH...........50 TIMES MORE EXCITING THAN ANYTHING IVE SEEN SINCE OUR MATCH AGAINST WOLVES.
I REPEAT - ID RATHER WATCH ENTERTAINING FOOTBALL WITH MIXED RESULTS THAN WATCH THE SHIT IM WATCHING RIGHT NOW.....................LETS HOPE SOME OF THE POSTERS ARE RIGHT AND MANCINI IS CONCENTRATING ON THE DEFENCE ONLY..FOR NOW....BUT 10 PLAYERS DEFENDING DOESNT DO IT FOR ME IN ALL HONESTY.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:01 pm

The results were pretty good in Hughes' first few months, didnt stop me being very disappointed with some aspects of the team's play and deciding pretty quickly that he was not our future because of the defensive aspects of the games we were winning.

Took you even less time as I remember, it is hard to take you seriously some times with your double standards.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby ant london » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:04 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:ILL JUST AGREE WITH THIS POST WHICH IS PROBABLY THE FIRST TIME EVER.

I should be offended I guess but that made me fucking piss!!! pmsl
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:07 pm

ant london wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:ILL JUST AGREE WITH THIS POST WHICH IS PROBABLY THE FIRST TIME EVER.

I should be offended I guess but that made me fucking piss!!! pmsl

posting.php?mode=quote&f=119&p=103241#review

I PROBABLY EXAGGERATED BUT IT SOUNDED GOOD WHEN I WROTE IT.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:11 pm

Slim wrote:

That's cause I took it for a windup...which apparently is what you intended, just because people aren't as stupid as you think doesn't say fuck all about our manager, however it does "speak volumes" about you.

So 3 pages discussing it would suggest that there are quite a lot of stupid people on this board (in your opinion)
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby ant london » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:11 pm

johnpb78 wrote:So 3 pages discussing it would suggest that there are quite a lot of stupid people on this board (in your opinion)

I think it's well established that EVERYONE apart from him is stupid
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:37 pm

johnpb78 wrote:

The results were pretty good in Hughes' first few months, didnt stop me being very disappointed with some aspects of the team's play and deciding pretty quickly that he was not our future because of the defensive aspects of the games we were winning.

Took you even less time as I remember, it is hard to take you seriously some times with your double standards.

Explain the much used "double standards". I didn't think Hughes was the man to take us forward ----> didn't want him in charge. I think Mancini is the man to take us forward ----> DO want him in charge. What is the double standards there? Do you expect ME to start topics like this just because I started them when Hughes was in charge? I think I always said that I prefer sticking with one man long term when it's the right man. I think Mancini's the right man.

But credit to you for not showing double standards, you want every manager out. What about when we have someone you think is the right man? Do I come here and call you out for double standards showing support?

May I also point out that I'm just about only one in this topic who showed you support despite not agreeing with the fundamental point. Everyone else though this is pretty ridiculous.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:54 pm

ant london wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:So 3 pages discussing it would suggest that there are quite a lot of stupid people on this board (in your opinion)

I think it's well established that EVERYONE apart from him is stupid

how dare you try and oversimplify the complexity of the man behind the moniker "Slim."

outrageous.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:56 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
ant london wrote:Just to re-iterate, he has my absolute full support.

I do not remotely want another change in manager....sacking Roberto Mancini after 6 months would just be a huge mistake, it would send out the worst signals about how the club is run. I agree with MCFC1632, if the board were not confident that Mancini was the right replacement then Hughes should have been given the full season if no other appropriate (long term) candidate were available.

But that does not change the fact that I am hating what I am seeing on the pitch currently and that worries me, it worries me that I am hearing that the natives are restless in the stands, it worries me that the owners/board might press the panic button again and that would be a massive blunder.

But I also understand that if fans are paying to sit and watch shit from the same players they have previously been entertained by, it is pretty natural that they will start to grumble and show their feelings quite quickly if they feel that the change of manager has actually taken the club backwards in performance/entertainment terms

ILL JUST AGREE WITH THIS POST WHICH IS PROBABLY THE FIRST TIME EVER.
BTW IM WATCHING BOLTON V SPURS AND IT IS A FANTASTIC MATCH TO WATCH...........50 TIMES MORE EXCITING THAN ANYTHING IVE SEEN SINCE OUR MATCH AGAINST WOLVES.
I REPEAT - ID RATHER WATCH ENTERTAINING FOOTBALL WITH MIXED RESULTS THAN WATCH THE SHIT IM WATCHING RIGHT NOW.....................LETS HOPE SOME OF THE POSTERS ARE RIGHT AND MANCINI IS CONCENTRATING ON THE DEFENCE ONLY..FOR NOW....BUT 10 PLAYERS DEFENDING DOESNT DO IT FOR ME IN ALL HONESTY.

i agree with that...i watched only about 30 mins of it before i got into some stuff today, but Bolton were playing nicer stuff than i've seen us play for a while. And Bale looked fantastic.

In contrast, our match yesterday was mostly like watching a relagation-tainted 6-pointer.

cheers

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:43 pm

johnpb78 wrote:

John - Friendly warning - be careful not to poke the guy's ego too much - certainly do not mention the "D-S" term - you might get the ultimate sanction on this site and be 'foed' - by him who must not be challenged - (actually forget challenged - him who you not be expected to be consistent 'cos he is 'board legend')

It has happened to me - and I am taken back to when my mate Peter said "...you are not my best friend anymore.." - I was only 3 but it hurt like hell
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby BlueSince72 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:47 pm

I am convinced he's on a short term contract with a MASSIVE cash incentive....I bloody hope so!! I will not be able to stand much more of the crap that is currently being served up.....okay we're winning but ffs it's dreadful to watch!!

Been seriously considering my ST renewal after 36 years as the football is purely SHITE!!

Please let the Sheikh give us someone who plays good ATTRACTIVE football.....not a midfield lining up two yards in front of the defense, and under strict instructions not to attack under any circumstances.
BlueSince72
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:54 pm

BlueSince72 wrote:I am convinced he's on a short term contract with a MASSIVE cash incentive....I bloody hope so!! I will not be able to stand much more of the crap that is currently being served up.....okay we're winning but ffs it's dreadful to watch!!

Been seriously considering my ST renewal after 36 years as the football is purely SHITE!!

Please let the Sheikh give us someone who plays good ATTRACTIVE football.....not a midfield lining up two yards in front of the defense, and under strict instructions not to attack under any circumstances.

I don't think that was particularly the case yesterday. Imo it was that two of our creative players (Ireland & Petrov) only played for 15 mins then ducked out of the game, Toure set up more attacks for Stoke than for us & Zabba stood & watched whilst the oppo scored a free header. It was more like the individual let downs that Hughes suffered from rather than just down to tactics imo.

Agree it was utter shite to watch though.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum