Mancini OUT

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Mancini OUT

Postby Original Dub » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:05 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
King Kev wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:Well, seeing as it has been requested in other threads, here it is. Lets stop skirting around it, it is fucking shit

I am generally mild mannered about our football, but this is withouot doubt, the worst football I have ever had the misfortune to see.

I was ambivalent, but who knows, this cunt may be for real
You weren't following City during the Stuart Pearce era then?

No point saying that, he IS apparently Italian Stuart Pearce. Fair few posters have already made a case for that.

what do you care about bad football? You said ALL you care about is the RESULT.

In my honest opinion, I believe Stuart Pearce (with our current £220m squad of course) would have gotten similar if not better results against the teams Mancini has faced. And I'd go one step further and say we'd probably be more attacking too.

This thread is obviously a wind up as the OP has stated, but the only reason I don't want him gone now is because I'm sick of the changes and "new hope" shit, its exhausting.

I'm scared to play every single team we meet now. This season under Hughes I feared no team.

And our "bad patch" this season under him was 7 or 8 draws - some of them well earned points on the road.

I'm SO nervous going to Stoke on Tuesday. And absolutely petrified of facing Liverpool on Sunday. Because I know if we need a goal/another goal to kill the game off, this guy is going to take off two attackers.

He's done it in every other game. Left winger on the right. right winger on the left. Given alongside Vieira might work. You don't know unless you try it, right Bobbie?
Original Dub

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:09 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
King Kev wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:Well, seeing as it has been requested in other threads, here it is. Lets stop skirting around it, it is fucking shit

I am generally mild mannered about our football, but this is withouot doubt, the worst football I have ever had the misfortune to see.

I was ambivalent, but who knows, this cunt may be for real
You weren't following City during the Stuart Pearce era then?

No point saying that, he IS apparently Italian Stuart Pearce. Fair few posters have already made a case for that.

what do you care about bad football? You said ALL you care about is the RESULT.

In my honest opinion, I believe Stuart Pearce (with our current £220m squad of course) would have gotten similar if not better results against the teams Mancini has faced. And I'd go one step further and say we'd probably be more attacking too.

This thread is obviously a wind up as the OP has stated, but the only reason I don't want him gone now is because I'm sick of the changes and "new hope" shit, its exhausting.

I'm scared to play every single team we meet now. This season under Hughes I feared no team.

And our "bad patch" this season under him was 7 or 8 draws - some of them well earned points on the road.

I'm SO nervous going to Stoke on Tuesday. And absolutely petrified of facing Liverpool on Sunday. Because I know if we need a goal/another goal to kill the game off, this guy is going to take off two attackers.

He's done it in every other game. Left winger on the right. right winger on the left. Given alongside Vieira might work. You don't know unless you try it, right Bobbie?

I don't as long as we are winning. Just pointed out that he has been compared to Pearce numerous of times already.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Bluez » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:11 pm

To an extent, Mancinis problem is exactly the same as Hughes, we have not had a settled defence so we are weak at the back. Hughes tried more of a balance with 2 DM protecting the back four and score more goals, which led to a lot of high scoring draws. Mancinis approach is more conservative in 3DM but winning games with a smaller margin. Not pretty but mostly effective. Right now it would be unfair to call for his sacking, once the defence is sorted out and consistent I would be surprised if he kept with 3 DM and I would think the football would improve as a result.

Its the same catch 22 as playing youngsters, we want youngsters and we want attacking football, but if the kids are not quite ready and the defence is not yet on the same wavelenght giving the fans what we want would lead to defeats. Until the defence can be relied on, and that can only happen with time, they will need more support.
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby btajim » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:44 pm

It makes you think what on earth the problem is. Distin and Dunne were brought in for pennies compared to the fees paid for Toure and Lescott yet D & D regularly kept clean sheets against the same sides that have troubled our Defence this season. We haven't had these defensive problems since Keegan was in charge - but as long as his ethos was in place of scoring more than they did then we were laughing.

Defensively, things seem marginally more secure than they were under Hughes - but I still don't like the need to play 3 defensive midfielders at Home against poor sides. We should be going at them and scoring 3 or 4 Goals. Make sure everyone goes home happy.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:51 pm

btajim wrote:It makes you think what on earth the problem is. Distin and Dunne were brought in for pennies compared to the fees paid for Toure and Lescott yet D & D regularly kept clean sheets against the same sides that have troubled our Defence this season. We haven't had these defensive problems since Keegan was in charge - but as long as his ethos was in place of scoring more than they did then we were laughing.

Defensively, things seem marginally more secure than they were under Hughes - but I still don't like the need to play 3 defensive midfielders at Home against poor sides. We should be going at them and scoring 3 or 4 Goals. Make sure everyone goes home happy.

That's because Dunne and Distin were (are) better players than Lescott and Toure.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby btajim » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:54 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
btajim wrote:It makes you think what on earth the problem is. Distin and Dunne were brought in for pennies compared to the fees paid for Toure and Lescott yet D & D regularly kept clean sheets against the same sides that have troubled our Defence this season. We haven't had these defensive problems since Keegan was in charge - but as long as his ethos was in place of scoring more than they did then we were laughing.

That's because Dunne and Distin were (are) better players than Lescott and Toure.

On paper, I honestly think I'd have preferred Toure and Lescott over Distin and Dunne - but that's not how Football is. It's not played on paper.

If Kompany really does favour a Midfield role then I'm hopeful that Mancini can get the best out of last Summer's arrivals. I doubt the Captain or the big money signing fancies being dropped.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:23 pm

"Mancinis approach is more conservative in 3DM but winning games with a smaller margin. "

2 wins in the last 6 against prem opposition isn't a good approach.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby feedthegreek » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:12 pm

imo for what its worth, theres one thing dunne did regularly for us was put his head
on the ball when it was in our penalty area, and never missed many.
thats what he excelled in. lescott for me his a number 2 centre half so is toure.
they have had jagielka, gallas and sol campbell beside them doing what dunne used to do for us.
and btw dunne imo has lost a lot of weight since he moved to villa.
neither of our current centre backs do this with any real conviction,
thats why i would play richards when fit at centre half with lescott or kompany.
and shove toure to right back.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Gloryhunter123 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:26 pm

Can we have the real special one? please
But we wont , we always end up with some daft naff cunt or an ex rag (I dont know whats worse) who hasnt got a clue about football ;)
Typical City .
Gloryhunter123
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: Sparky haters !
My favourite player is: Swp

Postby Grob » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:28 pm

2 months is a bit fast although our previous manager was down for the boot the day he was appointed in some areas so maybe this isnt too soon a judgement to make?

I digress, i havnt been overwhelmed with what I have seen but Mancini is here untill the summer at least so hopefully he will turn it around.

Not sure about the building from the back theory. Yesterday we started with the same personel in the back 6/7 positions that Hughes regually did and we still looked unconvincing.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Bingo Lewis » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:46 am

I like Mancini.
I want him to be our manager as he's a good character.
But he has to stop these shit tactics. Quick time. Its fucking dire.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:53 am

Grob wrote:2 months is a bit fast although our previous manager was down for the boot the day he was appointed in some areas so maybe this isnt too soon a judgement to make?

I digress, i havnt been overwhelmed with what I have seen but Mancini is here untill the summer at least so hopefully he will turn it around.

Not sure about the building from the back theory. Yesterday we started with the same personel in the back 6/7 positions that Hughes regually did and we still looked unconvincing.

I thought we started attacking like Hughes team in that game but seemed to lose conviction/effort going forward & then went through the motions 2nd half until Stoke scored. By then SWP was a bit knackered, Ireland & Petrov were shite/injured & we couldn't pull it back. The 1st bit gave me a glimmer of hope though.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:07 am

City are boring me to tears at the moment
Mancini isnt helping with this negative approach,Mancini lad you can win and ATTACK.

Stop being a fucking Italian Fanny and unleash the beast.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Wooders » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:14 am

Bingo Lewis wrote:I like Mancini.

Amen to that - agree 100%
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby ant london » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:26 am

Wooders wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:I like Mancini.

Amen to that - agree 100%

that's where I am. He's cool as fuck when he talks....smooth but funny and not quite the egotist that Jose is which is nice

But he must change the style to something more watchable
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Bluez » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:34 am

Its because Dunne and Distin played together week in week out. We don't have any CB paring that are familiar with each other
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:36 am

Bluez wrote:

Its because Dunne and Distin played together week in week out. We don't have any CB paring that are familiar with each other

Not mutually exclusive is it. Although, no amount of understanding will make Toure/Lescott as aerially dominant, nor as pacy in behind, as D'n'D were - in my humble.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby john@staustell » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:41 am

Bluez wrote:

Fuck me talk about nostalgia. Surely we dont have to trawl back through years to get up all the threads critcising these 2? Distin letting the ball run out of play against Spuds only for someone to whip it off his toe and cross it for a goal? Dunnie? Well nuff said.

They played together in a poor team, you cannot compare the level we are at now. Lescott will be far better than those two for us and Toure is a stop-gap probably past his prime, a quick substitute because we couldn't get Terry. But I dont think any sane neutral would class Dunne and Distin as better players than Toure in the general run of things. But because he plays for us now he's naturally classed as shite by some of our fans.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:43 am

Bluez wrote:

Not mutually exclusive is it. Although, no amount of understanding will make Toure/Lescott as aerially dominant, nor as pacy in behind, as D'n'D were - in my humble.

Dunne missed more headers for us than most imo, including against Lescott.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:09 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Bluez wrote:

Dunne missed more headers for us than most imo, including against Lescott.

Disagree - although there is no way of resolving it.

Simply, my view is based on the fact that we stayed in the Premiership without scoring goals - it was all about the defence at the end of the Pearce period - conceded 44 that season (none in the last 15 minutes of games h'apparently), we've conceded 32 this season already, despite being on a different planet.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum