Brian Kidd

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Brian Kidd

Postby Blue Toy » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:55 pm

Are you glued to your seat? Where is your passion? Where are your touchline commands for the stuff Bobby doesn't pick up on? Are you a yes man or an assistant?
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Re: Brian Kidd

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:01 am

Blue Toy wrote:Are you glued to your seat? Where is your passion? Where are your touchline commands for the stuff Bobby doesn't pick up on? Are you a yes man or an assistant?

I am sure I read quite early on that Mancini has told Kidd not to be up and down during games and leave all that to him.

Must admit I have been wondering what would be going on in his mind.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:50 am

Well I don't know how are things usually in England (never paid too much attention to this), but in Italy I don't think assistants intervene like you are suggesting he should, they usually leave it all to the manager, if not in particular cases. I guess Mancini might be more used to this way of conducting a game.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby ant london » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:57 am

CityFanFromRome wrote:Well I don't know how are things usually in England (never paid too much attention to this), but in Italy I don't think assistants intervene like you are suggesting he should, they usually leave it all to the manager, if not in particular cases. I guess Mancini might be more used to this way of conducting a game.

I think people were expecting to see a bit of this....the third way

ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:47 am

ant london wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:Well I don't know how are things usually in England (never paid too much attention to this), but in Italy I don't think assistants intervene like you are suggesting he should, they usually leave it all to the manager, if not in particular cases. I guess Mancini might be more used to this way of conducting a game.

Cappello despoerately trying to hold a laughter when Pearce shows him his "new tactical ideas".
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:39 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Blue Toy wrote:Are you glued to your seat? Where is your passion? Where are your touchline commands for the stuff Bobby doesn't pick up on? Are you a yes man or an assistant?

I am sure I read quite early on that Mancini has told Kidd not to be up and down during games and leave all that to him.

Must admit I have been wondering what would be going on in his mind.

100% correct, he was very animated in Mancinis' first home game v Stoke on boxing day, and a couple of times Roberto motioned him to both calm down and sit down. He hasn't moved since !!
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby btajim » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:42 pm

It's fairly obvious that Kidd was given to Mancini to create some kind of link between the Club and our new Manager. Sure, the Guy is an able Assistant Manager but not to the level we require. Kidd has been at Sheffield United and Pompey in recent times - not Chelsea and Arsenal.

And which exception to the rule does a former Mune player and Assistant Manager get added to in order to prevent some of the Hughes hatred for his playing past? Kidd was a Blue who become a Rag but then saw the error of his ways? I'm not taking the mickey. I genuinely want to know.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:45 pm

I was wondering when Vieira came if there was not some long term view (if Mancini has a long term) for him to slot into some role alongside Mancini - it would sort of make sense?
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Wooders » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:50 pm

ant london wrote:

right fabs....
when we get the ball the striker passes it back to the central defender, he retreats into his own half and passes it back to the goalkeeper, its very important to wait as long as possible for the keeper to be under some pressure from the opposition striker, then the keeper hoofs it long to the striker up the pitch who is isolated with no support as all our players are still in our own half.
Watch the goals roll in.
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:52 pm

Is this thread really about our assistant manager not being animated enough? Jesus wept.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby zuricity » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:59 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:I was wondering when Vieira came if there was not some long term view (if Mancini has a long term) for him to slot into some role alongside Mancini - it would sort of make sense?

At half time walking out of the tunnel , Kidd was clearly seen talking to the players. Mancini was already in his seat.

I honestly think the only problem for Mancini at the moment is his lack of enough English to really get his point, his ideas, over to the players , that's all. Given time, it will come. It's unfortunate, Sven mastered many languages and his English is probably better than many , many of city's fans ( I bet he never would say or write 'would of' instead of 'would have' ). I also believe that some of our players are not the sharpest pencils in the box.

I think Kidd will be very helpful in his current role and we must be a little bit patient.

Let's be honest until this season, as of now - mid February, in recent PL seasons our season would have been over. It clearly isn't and even with a squad not of his own making Mancini has enough options when all are fit and available, to do well.

It's frustrating as hell to not see City batter every team 6-0 home and away each week, but we don't really have the right to expect that do we ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby sandman » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:36 pm

Who chose Kidd for the position, I would have imagined Mancini would have liked one of his former colleagues in the role.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Nick » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:38 pm

more ex rags that dont care ?
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby btajim » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:38 pm

Nick wrote:more ex rags that dont care ?

Possibly. I'm still waiting for clarification from certain Posters on why we're allowed to accept Brian Kidd when we were never allowed to accept Mark Hughes. I think there's several clauses in the rules which allowed support of Shaun Goater (started his Career at The Swamp), Peter Schmeichel and Andrew Cole. Oh, and Denis Law.

Oh, and more "Elano or Hughes" threads, please.

Oh, and Jim Cassell possibly got forced out but was persuaded to take a lesser role at the Club.

WHOOP!!!
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:17 pm

"I honestly think the only problem for Mancini at the moment is his lack of enough English to really get his point, his ideas, over to the players , that's all. Given time, it will come. "

If that is the case I wonder how he manages to do ALL the training personally every day?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:32 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:"I honestly think the only problem for Mancini at the moment is his lack of enough English to really get his point, his ideas, over to the players , that's all. Given time, it will come. "

If that is the case I wonder how he manages to do ALL the training personally every day?

And I wonder how Brian Kidd can understand the manager's ideas when the players can't.

btajim you made me smile, thank you. But Denis Law was a Blue long before he was filth.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby btajim » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:40 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:"I honestly think the only problem for Mancini at the moment is his lack of enough English to really get his point, his ideas, over to the players , that's all. Given time, it will come. "

And I wonder how Brian Kidd can understand the manager's ideas when the players can't.

btajim you made me smile, thank you. But Denis Law was a Blue long before he was filth.

Elano or Hughes?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Gloryhunter123 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:17 pm

btajim wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Elano or Hughes?

Elano
Gloryhunter123
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: Sparky haters !
My favourite player is: Swp

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:22 pm

btajim wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Elano or Hughes?

Now? Elano.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:36 pm

Gloryhunter123 wrote:
btajim wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Elano or Hughes?

Elano

I'm not sure he's management material.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Return to The Maine Football forum