Booing and attendence

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Booing and attendence

Postby eastlandsblue » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:33 am

Doe's anyone think, this could have an adverse effect on the clubs owners. the attendence was pathetic for such an important match, and too boo the players off was pointless.
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Re: Booing and attendence

Postby King Kev » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:38 am

The attendance was a bit shit, the booing was pathetic.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:41 am

I do yes. It was a pathetic showing by the fans & if I was the Sheikh I''d be wondering if I've got an impossible job. On the other side of the coin, the publicity we get has probably been much more than he could have ever dreamed of, so the rewards are obvious if we succeed. It's worth persevering for that alone.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby eastlandsblue » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:44 am

King Kev wrote:The attendance was a bit shit, the booing was pathetic.

The attendence was awful Lee, and Mansour might just be questioning his acquisition of the club.
eastlandsblue

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:05 am

I don't think the turnout will have any bearing on the owners thoughts. This was a 5th round tie against a club who have no pull whatsoever, combined with the late kick-off time and TV coverage, it was bound to be a no-show for many.

On the other hand, I cannot stand even the thought of booing our own players at anytime and it should be those people who should be ashamed of themselves. It's not as if we lost the game is it and even then, it's not acceptable in my book!?!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby King Kev » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:13 am

Beefymcfc wrote:I don't think the turnout will have any bearing on the owners thoughts. This was a 5th round tie against a club who have no pull whatsoever, combined with the late kick-off time and TV coverage, it was bound to be a no-show for many.
I have to disagree on a few points;

How can you say that Stoke have no pull? The are a Prem club and brought around 4000 with them, it's the City fans that let us down.

I don't buy into this 'its on the tele so I won't go' attitude, are we really a load of armchair supporters??

What has the late kick-off got to do with anything? I reckon you could have got a train back to pretty much anywhere in the country after the game yesterday.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ant london » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:18 am

They brought a full allocation on Boxing day if I'm not mistaken and surely transport was as tricky then (festive season plus shitty snow everywhere) than a 17.15 kickoff on a Saturday??

City fans who need to take a look at themselves. Financial decision for some I'm sure but I can't believe some of our fans would prefer watching on ITV to being at Eastlands.....you should move away for a bit and then you'll see how lucky you are to be able to be there. I miss being at the match HUGELY...I fucking hate watching on the telly
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:24 am

King Kev wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I don't think the turnout will have any bearing on the owners thoughts. This was a 5th round tie against a club who have no pull whatsoever, combined with the late kick-off time and TV coverage, it was bound to be a no-show for many.

How can you say that Stoke have no pull? The are a Prem club and brought around 4000 with them, it's the City fans that let us down.

Quite simple, they are not Chelsea, Arsenal, United or Liverpool.

I don't buy into this 'its on the tele so I won't go' attitude, are we really a load of armchair supporters??

In a way yes. How many people on here actually went to the game, a game that had to be paid for? The TV coverage has an impact on sales when people don't have to travel and do have the luxury to sit in with a few cans.

What has the late kick-off got to do with anything? I reckon you could have got a train back to pretty much anywhere in the country after the game yesterday.

Very true, and for me personally it's a 10 minute drive, but a Saturday night when people usually have other plans (going out/visiting family/night in etc) will once again lower the crowd. Combined with the other things mentioned, it has an affect on the crowd. If you disagree, why do you think that we only got 28000; there must be a reason?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby rick1894citizen » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:30 am

The attendance was pathetic but apart from the hardcore of fans who go each week, we seem to have alot of a whiney little bitches who come up with bullshit excuses to try and feel less guilty about not going, most other clubs in our financial position would be selling out every week and not at the cheap prices we charge.

If your watching on the tele your a cunt will soon be our anthem although that would mean we'd actually have to sing and support the lads so might just become/ remain a library.
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:38 am

rick1894citizen wrote:The attendance was pathetic but apart from the hardcore of fans who go each week, we seem to have alot of a whiney little bitches who come up with bullshit excuses to try and feel less guilty about not going, most other clubs in our financial position would be selling out every week and not at the cheap prices we charge.

If your watching on the tele your a cunt will soon be our anthem although that would mean we'd actually have to sing and support the lads so might just become/ remain a library.

Most clubs with our financial position have won many things; we have not. There are still a few cynical people out there you know.

As for the 'cunts' anthem, that won't be coming from me as I'm there to see the game and support the players on the pitch. Wouldn't even be thinking of people sat at home with a Brewski!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby King Kev » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:42 am

rick1894citizen wrote:The attendance was pathetic but apart from the hardcore of fans who go each week, we seem to have alot of a whiney little bitches who come up with bullshit excuses to try and feel less guilty about not going, most other clubs in our financial position would be selling out every week and not at the cheap prices we charge.

I was going to post something about the hardcore of 25000-28000 earlier but twice deleted what I had typed because I realised that it was part of that hardcore that was booing at the end!

Maybe we just need to get used to the fact that we no longer can claim to have a great support.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby King Kev » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:43 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
King Kev wrote:

Quite simple, they are not Chelsea, Arsenal, U***d or Liverpool.

In a way yes. How many people on here actually went to the game, a game that had to be paid for? The TV coverage has an impact on sales when people don't have to travel and do have the luxury to sit in with a few cans.

Very true, and for me personally it's a 10 minute drive, but a Saturday night when people usually have other plans (going out/visiting family/night in etc) will once again lower the crowd. Combined with the other things mentioned, it has an affect on the crowd. If you disagree, why do you think that we only got 28000; there must be a reason?

We have a bit of a shit support mate, simple as that really.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby rick1894citizen » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:51 am

Agrred KK, said to my old man yesterday that for my first ever game against Notts County in the Third tier of english football on a school night we had the same amount of fans there, yes we had kids for a quid etc but still do now.

I was in 109 yesterday and although better than 136 was still pretty average tbh.

Beefy what i meant was most clubs if in our position ie Sunderland, Newcastle were bought out by the Sheikh then imo they would fill the place for a friendly against Accrington Stanley (slight exaggeration ;o))
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:56 am

King Kev wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
King Kev wrote:

Quite simple, they are not Chelsea, Arsenal, U***d or Liverpool.

We have a bit of a shit support mate, simple as that really.

I don't think so mate. As you and Rick have eluded to, we have always had the hardcore support of around 30,000, which isn't that bad. This won't change but as we start winning things, more and more will come out of the woodwork, those who sit on the edge of going due to various reasons. I'm not sure what the attendances were yesterday but I'd suggest that we were probably mid-table with the Chelsea game and south coast Derby being higher. Chelsea because it wasn't being shown live (apart from on the FA site) and at a decent time, and the Derby because of the serious rivalry between them.

Just to note, I am not defending the supporters who stay away from games, but bringing some understanding to why they do. I'll be there regardless and couldn't really give a monkey's who's there with me, it's all about me ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby eastlandsblue » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:00 pm

King Kev wrote:

I was going to post something about the hardcore of 25000-28000 earlier but twice deleted what I had typed because I realised that it was part of that hardcore that was booking at the end!

Maybe we just need to get used to the fact that we no longer can claim to have a great support.

That my friend is the nail on the head.

When I got home, I got ready and took the wife out, and the pub was full of city fans who had watched it on the box, and were in a merry mood. My first thought was CU*NTS, its not been the football thats made you merry. i was totally gutted with our performance and a couple of rag mates were commenting about our shitty turnout, and how our clubs ambition didnt match that of some of our so called fans.

Hopefully we can turn this tie around and go all the way, and then listen to the poor fulkers who cant get tkts for the final, because of blah blah blah.
It might be a better idea for the club to start a scheme for cup games to coincide with getting tkts for the final. IE having to attend 66% of the home ties.
eastlandsblue

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:03 pm

To be fair, £60+ for two heads to go and watch that - which will be a day's wages for a section of our support - plus all the travel bollocks... or free at home. There's no actual obligation to go and watch your team - the supporters don't owe them, it is the other way round.
Also, the sheikh questioning the acquisition? for. fuck's. sake. as absurd an inference as you'll ever see. get fucking real.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby King Kev » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:05 pm

eastlandsblue wrote:
King Kev wrote:

I was going to post something about the hardcore of 25000-28000 earlier but twice deleted what I had typed because I realised that it was part of that hardcore that was booking at the end!

When I got home, I got ready and took the wife out, and the pub was full of city fans who had watched it on the box, and were in a merry mood. My first thought was CU*NTS, its not been the football thats made you merry. i was totally gutted with our performance and a couple of rag mates were commenting about our shitty turnout, and how our clubs ambition didnt match that of some of our so called fans.

Hopefully we can turn this tie around and go all the way, and then listen to the poor fulkers who cant get tkts for the final, because of blah blah blah.
It might be a better idea for the club to start a scheme for cup games to coincide with getting tkts for the final. IE having to attend 66% of the home ties.
I agree totally and have nothing to add except that I am impressed with the way you censored the word CUNTS, to include all the letters but put a random * in the middle of the word is something I have never seen before! ;o)
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby eastlandsblue » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:10 pm

King Kev wrote:
eastlandsblue wrote:
King Kev wrote:

I agree totally and have nothing to add except that I am impressed with the way you censored the word CUNTS, to include all the letters but put a random * in the middle of the word is something I have never seen before! ;o)

lol did notice that after I submitted the post
eastlandsblue

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:15 pm

Players need to earn success. But the fans have got to earn it too.

Yes, the attendance was small yesterday and those who didn't turn up could have perhaps done more to get there and help the team, but that does not excuse those who actually were there from making, dare I say it, a bit of noise. Just going and handing your cash over is not enough.

And singing songs that are about City, with no reference to the filth, might be a good place to start.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:30 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:To be fair, £60+ for two heads to go and watch that - which will be a day's wages for a section of our support - plus all the travel bollocks... or free at home. There's no actual obligation to go and watch your team - the supporters don't owe them, it is the other way round.
Also, the sheikh questioning the acquisition? for. fuck's. sake. as absurd an inference as you'll ever see. get fucking real.

I didn't really want to bring it up because there are many threads already, but 'That' is quite significant. There are many SC holders around me who were saying that they weren't going to turn up for the Stoke game because they ain't paying extra for 'That'; and who can blame them. 'You pays your money and you takes your choice', as they say!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum