FA Cup Quarter Final draw [merged]

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FA Cup Quarter Final draw [merged]

Postby Original Dub » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:16 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:CL is pretty boring.. there are some exceptions to that though that make it worth watching games.. but surely there would be a difference if we were in it. You would want to be there if we lined up against Real Madrid twice in the group stages..

It's more important than just the admittedly mostly boring games though, it's the fact that we could sign the 3 or so 'A' list players that would allow us to make a genuine challenge for the title.

and win loads and loads of cups with these A list players...
Original Dub

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:26 pm

This thread is fucking bizarre...!
You've got a group the people dont want to go to play Chelsea in the Quarter Final on the FA Cup because they're 'scared' we'll lose and a group who aren't arsed about getting into the Champions League because its boring! ??????Hey??????
Take a step back and re-read this thread you'd see how fucking ridiculous it is! Its embarrassing.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Re: FA Cup Quarter Final draw

Postby btajim » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:42 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Mate, I'm not THAT bothered about Champion's League football either. It's well documented that as a competition I don't rate Champion's at all. European football (UEFA Cup or Champion's League) would provide great nights for supporters and create interest from better players. That again see full well. But as a competition...... nah, it's not be all end all for me. In fact, I WOULD mucbh rather see us fighting for pots like FA Cup and League Cup than just a trip to Barcelona.

You've no interest in seeing City playing AC Milan or Barcelona at The COMS in competitive Matches? I can't believe what I'm reading.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Original Dub » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:48 pm

btajim wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Mate, I'm not THAT bothered about Champion's League football either. It's well documented that as a competition I don't rate Champion's at all. European football (UEFA Cup or Champion's League) would provide great nights for supporters and create interest from better players. That again see full well. But as a competition...... nah, it's not be all end all for me. In fact, I WOULD mucbh rather see us fighting for pots like FA Cup and League Cup than just a trip to Barcelona.

You've no interest in seeing City playing AC Milan or Barcelona at The COMS in competitive Matches? I can't believe what I'm reading.

Why, when we can play scunthorp and Boro?
Original Dub

Postby CityFanFromRome » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:35 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Mate, I'm not THAT bothered about Champion's League football either. It's well documented that as a competition I don't rate Champion's at all. European football (UEFA Cup or Champion's League) would provide great nights for supporters and create interest from better players. That again see full well. But as a competition...... nah, it's not be all end all for me. In fact, I WOULD mucbh rather see us fighting for pots like FA Cup and League Cup than just a trip to Barcelona.

Sorry mate but I don't agree. Champions League is, imho, on a whole another level than FA Cup (I'm not even going to mention the League Cup comparing it to the CL because really...). CL may have become a bit too large with the including of teams who aren't actually, champions, but when it gets to the knockout stages, which are about to start...well mate, that's the biggest European clubs taking each other head on. As fascinating as the FA Cup is, and can be, with the surprise upsets, and all, imho it can't compare to that.

But I guess everyone has his own opinion about it.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Bojinov's left foot » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:30 pm

Any idea when tv will decide the date we play at Chelsea in the quarters (subject of course to beating Stoke)? Would prefer the Saturday if it can be sorted.
Bojinov's left foot
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:09 pm

Bojinov's left foot wrote:Any idea when tv will decide the date we play at Chelsea in the quarters (subject of course to beating Stoke)? Would prefer the Saturday if it can be sorted.

Sorted mate......just for you!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum