FA Cup Quarter Final draw [merged]

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FA Cup Quarter Final draw

Postby King Kev » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:01 pm

Socrates wrote:
King Kev wrote:Didn't want to go to Wembley anyway, fucking shithole...

shit trophy, can't stand it ;o)
Every year I watch the final and laugh at the fans, they get all excited about going to a shitty stadium to play for a poxy trophy, muppets!

<ahem>
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: FA Cup Quarter Final draw [merged]

Postby branny » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:01 pm

Just come up with another scenario. Beat Stoke and Chelsea, lose to Spuds or Fulham in the semi.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:03 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Stoke will struggle at the Bridge.

They haven't won away from home since October, their only away win of the season - 9 points from a possible 36. So yeah...
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:03 pm

btajim wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
btajim wrote:Would've loved Reading or West Brom Home. That was the toughest draw we could've had despite already beating them this season.

Get past Stoke Away and we're off to Stamford Bridge. Get past Chelsea and we deserve the Cup.

Mancini's beaten Ancelotti many a time. No reason that should end now. We beat Stoke and then win this and the cups ours!

It's your round, Mate. Could you bring me back a Pint of whatever you've been drinking.

Why couldnt' we get a result at Stamford Bridge?
We've already beaten them once this year, we have a manager who has played and beaten Ancelotti's teams a number of times and we have more than enough quality in the team to match and beat them?
Have some faith FFS you miserable bastards!
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:06 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
btajim wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
btajim wrote:Would've loved Reading or West Brom Home. That was the toughest draw we could've had despite already beating them this season.

Get past Stoke Away and we're off to Stamford Bridge. Get past Chelsea and we deserve the Cup.

Mancini's beaten Ancelotti many a time. No reason that should end now. We beat Stoke and then win this and the cups ours!

It's your round, Mate. Could you bring me back a Pint of whatever you've been drinking.

We've already beaten them once this year, we have a manager who has played and beaten Ancelotti's teams a number of times and we have more than enough quality in the team to match and beat them?

Do you mean 'faith' in the religious sense?
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby btajim » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:07 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
btajim wrote:It's your round, Mate. Could you bring me back a Pint of whatever you've been drinking?

The Mancini Team that beat the Ancelotti Team was made up of Inter Milan players. Crucial difference.

The thought of Drogba, Anelka and Sturridge attacking our defence is a genuinely worrying scenario. Get past Stoke at their place and we face Chelsea at their place. It's like eating a bowl of boiled Cabbage for your dinner and then finding out you have a second bowl of boiled Cabbage for your Pudding.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:07 pm

I can see Stoke throwing this one. They won't see a trip to Chelsea being high on their priorities, especially when they have bigger fish to fry.

Am I deluding myself? Oh well, we can now concentrate on the league!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby brite blu sky » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:09 pm

well, 2 away games at Stoke and the Scouce game should be good preparation for a trip to the Bridge. Im not giving up until we actually get beat. Two trips to the Bridge this season would be good for this team. Mancini has really got his work cut out and needs to get his head round how to get some midfield composure in tight battling games. We have to show our class, we do that and these players can beat anyone.. we know, we have seen it.
Where has it gone?
Mancio get yer skates on lad!, we are not beaten yet, we just have a watershed to cross. If we can start to click we can still grab a slice of pie even from under Chelsea's nose...

COMN CITY....
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Socrates » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:16 pm

King Kev wrote:
Socrates wrote:
King Kev wrote:Didn't want to go to Wembley anyway, fucking shithole...

shit trophy, can't stand it ;o)
Every year I watch the final and laugh at the fans, they get all excited about going to a shitty stadium to play for a poxy trophy, muppets!

<ahem>

Sad isn't it. We're so lucky, we now get to sing "34 years and we're still here" and feel dead good about ourselves. Can't wait :)
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby rick1894citizen » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:26 pm

btajim wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
btajim wrote:It's your round, Mate. Could you bring me back a Pint of whatever you've been drinking?

The Mancini Team that beat the Ancelotti Team was made up of Inter Milan players. Crucial difference.

The thought of Drogba, Anelka and Sturridge attacking our defence is a genuinely worrying scenario. Get past Stoke at their place and we face Chelsea at their place. It's like eating a bowl of boiled Cabbage for your dinner and then finding out you have a second bowl of boiled Cabbage for your Pudding.

pmsl, well thats made my weekend even shitter :o( Lets beat Stoke on tuesday and then the Dippers on sunday to really push for fourth now.
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:28 pm

Just what we wanted an away trip to Chelsea (if we beat stoke) i swear this draw is fixed. Oh well we should just concentrate on the league, i can't see us beating stoke to be fair so we won't have to worry about the Chelsea game but if we do beat stoke heres are fixtures it dosn't look good:

Stoke (away) League
Liverpool (home) League
Stoke (away) F.A Cup
Chelsea (away) League
Chelsea (away) F.A Cup
Spurs (home) League
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:29 pm

btajim wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:

Yes cos Tevez, Adebayor, Johnson, Bellers, SWP, Ireland, Barry and Vieira are shit aren't they?

Al I can say is that its a good job the players dont have the same negative, depressive attitude as the fans cos we'd get a kick in every week if they did!
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:33 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:Just what we wanted an away trip to Chelsea (if we beat stoke) i swear this draw is fixed. Oh well we should just concentrate on the league, i can't see us beating stoke to be fair so we won't have to worry about the Chelsea game but if we do beat stoke heres are fixtures it dosn't look good:

Stoke (away) League
Liverpool (home) League
Stoke (away) F.A Cup
Chelsea (away) League
Chelsea (away) F.A Cup
Spurs (home) League

That's what I was thinking mate, it's going to be a very tough few weeks. If we get passed Stoke away after playing Stoke away, we then have the sublime of playing Chelsea away after playing Chelsea away. Luckily though, we have two comparitively easy games to give the guys a lift!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby rick1894citizen » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:42 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:Just what we wanted an away trip to Chelsea (if we beat stoke) i swear this draw is fixed. Oh well we should just concentrate on the league, i can't see us beating stoke to be fair so we won't have to worry about the Chelsea game but if we do beat stoke heres are fixtures it dosn't look good:

Stoke (away) League
Liverpool (home) League
Stoke (away) F.A Cup
Chelsea (away) League
Chelsea (away) F.A Cup
Spurs (home) League

That's what I was thinking mate, it's going to be a very tough few weeks. If we get passed Stoke away after playing Stoke away, we then have the sublime of playing Chelsea away after playing Chelsea away. Luckily though, we have two comparitively easy games to give the guys a lift!

The spuds game will move if we or them get to Quarters but would still be tough few games but you never know we might raise our game against dippers and chelsea ;o)
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:44 pm

Reading the Stoke fans reaction to the draw, they think Tony Pulis will play a second string team against us in the replay and concentrate on the League rather that the cup.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Kladze » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:58 pm

If we're ever going to win a knockout trophy we have to beat these teams at some stage of the competition
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:02 pm

Kladze wrote:If we're ever going to win a knockout trophy we have to beat these teams at some stage of the competition

I don't mind playing these teams, like you say we have to beat them somtime in the cup it's just that run in thats bothering me i think were really gonna struggle for 4th with games like that coming up.
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby saulman » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:03 pm

We'll dick Chelsea, just like we did in December.

Piece of piss.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:20 pm

It doesn't mean we can't do it but it does mean we're a lot less likely to, so for that reason, I'd now prioritise the next two league games over the FA Cup game.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:31 pm

If we do get through, I think we should stick Ade & RSC on Terry & Carvalho, with Tevez behind then bring on Bellamy after about an hour & run the old bastard ragged. Leave all the misunderstood artists at home.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum