FA Cup Quarter Final draw [merged]

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FA Cup Quarter Final draw [merged]

Postby Manx Blue » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:33 pm

btajim wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:I knew as soon as Chelsea came out that we would be next

absolute shite draw and the end of our cup hopes this year...that's if we even get past stoke

Do you think that perhaps the FA Cup is 3rd in the Chelsea wishlist this season? But watch Sturridge pull up trees for 90 minutes should we get past Stoke!

think it's also ahead of any champions league leg is it not? To the rest of you... Let's start man-ing fucking up here!

We want to get to the champions league. We'll have to play clubs with strength such as Chelsea in the latter stages if we qualify, not turn around and say we're fucking scared and roll over with fear.

We've beaten Chelsea, Barcelona, and more than matched the shit in three games. We will give Chelsea a game if we get through. But we aren't going to be given any trophy on a plate, so if you don't like us mixing with the big boys, and want to whinge and moan...fuck off and watch County or Bury or some other club.

If trips to edgeley aren't your brand of entertainment, let's get behind the team and rip Stoke a new arsehole, and look forward to playing at the bridge!!! Ffs!!

That wasn't aimed at you btw Jim!
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:41 pm

Manx Blue wrote:
btajim wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:I knew as soon as Chelsea came out that we would be next

absolute shite draw and the end of our cup hopes this year...that's if we even get past stoke

Do you think that perhaps the FA Cup is 3rd in the Chelsea wishlist this season? But watch Sturridge pull up trees for 90 minutes should we get past Stoke!

think it's also ahead of any champions league leg is it not? To the rest of you... Let's start man-ing fucking up here!

We want to get to the champions league. We'll have to play clubs with strength such as Chelsea in the latter stages if we qualify, not turn around and say we're fucking scared and roll over with fear.

We've beaten Chelsea, Barcelona, and more than matched the shit in three games. We will give Chelsea a game if we get through. But we aren't going to be given any trophy on a plate, so if you don't like us mixing with the big boys, and want to whinge and moan...fuck off and watch County or Bury or some other club.

If trips to edgeley aren't your brand of entertainment, let's get behind the team and rip Stoke a new arsehole, and look forward to playing at the bridge!!! Ffs!!

Here here!
I'm gobsmacked the reaction to this draw on here. You'd think we were fucking Macclesfield or something?!?!
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby zuricity » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:52 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:If we do get through, I think we should stick Ade & RSC on Terry & Carvalho, with Tevez behind then bring on Bellamy after about an hour & run the old bastard ragged. Leave all the misunderstood artists at home.

That's the spirit !

Around about the time we meet Chelsea.... They have a thing called the Champions League on their minds too. Oh and wanting to knock United of their big headed perch.

One thing is certain this season , almost any team in the premier league is certain to be able to turn over the top teams. Perhaps not on a regular basis, but certainly on the day. Sure City have a tough road into the semis. However, each game , each draw, becomes a bigger problem for Chelsea. They really want the league this year and the CL too. Next year their squad is 'aged'. Ballack ,Terry , Lampard are getting slower . They are thinking of replacing their goalie.

One slip up let Stoke into the game on Saturday. Still, Cruz had a chance towards the end.

I think this week will tell us whether Mancini has the real management skills for this squad. I'm sure he knows which team to pick now. He's given all of his squad more than one game to prove themselves and I think he will try and pick his best available eleven on Tuesday and not one based on reputations or salaries. I believe he has now seen enough of all the players. So i expect to see some changes on Tuesday. We must get three points from this game. I think if we do that , we can go into the Liverpool with that cushion and pick them off. Followed by the same 'picking off' strategy against a Stoke side needed safety before a good cup run the week after.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Manx Blue » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:56 pm

I'm sick and tired of it KTG... We could win the CL, Prem, fa & carling, charity shield, reserve league, fayc, academy leagues.... But we'd still have some muthafucker bitching about the lack of success in the Manchester senior cup!

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby play like we dream » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:44 pm

Believe in the impossible. It's what true support is all about. Why not? Why not? We do better against better sides. The dream still lives. And always will.
play like we dream
Negouai's Red Cards

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: NDJ

Postby brite blu sky » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:46 pm

Svensational wrote:Id rather be beaten at Stoke then have to go through the pain of going to Chelsea and be beaten.

you would rather get beat by Stoke than having the chance to have a pop at Chelsea at their place.. in a Cup game!

yeah right.

are you thinking as a long standing City fan there or is it just your wallet talking?

WE ARE GOING TO GO THROUGH THE PAIN OF GOING TO CHELSEA anyway in the league, a pain i might add that has extra bitter sweet flavour added by the fact that we tonked them in style earlier in the season for the first time in a good while.
A game they must win to keep it together to win the title, a game we must minimum draw to show we are still in the running to be a top team, AND that the Cup game is up for grabs.

I am well aware that we need to improve.. i doubt anyone associated with City is thinking anything otherwise

fuck this beaten before you start lark
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby glossopblue » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:54 pm

wankers! MOST of you. we can beat those rent boys! have some faith in the team for fuck sake!!!
glossopblue
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:57 pm

I am more scared of stoke than chelsea. Lets beat stoke first and worry about chelsea later.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby patrickblue » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:13 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:
btajim wrote:

Here here!
I'm gobsmacked the reaction to this draw on here. You'd think we were fucking Macclesfield or something?!?!

I'm with you 110% KTG & Manx. OK so we're away to the best team in the prem, but for gods sake, we're nearly at their level, it just needs us to be buzzing or them to have an off day. As you say, anyone would think we're in the Blue Square league or something. And whats all this crap about Inter players being in a different class to ours. Bloody bunch of pessimists.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Manx Blue » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:23 pm

IF we can beat Stoke (and I never like to get ahead of myself, especially as far as City are concerned)...so IF, do you really think events in recent weeks won't have the squad up for a fucking battle?! I'm certain all of the lads will be with Bridge on this one

In addition to that, we've gone to the Swamp and shut them the fuck up for 50 minutes, and it only took a lapse in concentration following a bottling of Bellers by that filthy vile scum they call support, to give them some impetus.

If we can go down to the Bridge, we'll give them a game...AND NO MISTAKE.

Manx Blue

Postby HeyMark » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:27 pm

WTF? People wanting us to lose to Stoke because they don't want to have to face Chelsea. Thats the stupidest thing I've ever heard! Like someone else said if we have these genuine ambitions of being one of the top clubs in England then we can no longer have this small time mentality, these are the sort of games we need to be going into with some belief! It'll be tough but if we play the way we know we can then we're in with a chance
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:28 pm

Perhaps you lot were happier with a run of games against Chesterfield, Wycombe, Wrexham, Gillingham and our local rivals Macclesfield. "OOOOh, we're scared of playing good teams! We might lose!"

What a fucking bunch of fannies.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby carolina-blue » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:49 pm

Wow..... got to admit I have been a bit down over our performances of late But some of the things on here are unreal Wasn't that long ago we were stating the mentality of the club and the Fans has got to change.. Looks like we still have a bit to go on that front.
Our home record is as impressive as the Chavs and Stoke have got a second bite , we are more than capable of bringing them back up home . Do away with Stoke then bring em on I say .
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:24 am

Balls to this i'm more up for it now, and so should the players be. This should be enough impetus for us to see of Stoke.

If we are going to do it, I want to do it the hard way. Makes it sweeter, if we lose, we went out to a good team. It's going out to a team that we have more talent than that riles me, such as Stoke and all of the teams in the past that we used to cock up against.

We can do it, and I have faith. One game at a time. If I was a player I'd be well up for all of this, and so will the fans if we get to The Bridge.
Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Shaun Wright-Phillips

Postby john68 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:37 am

wHAT A BUNCH OF PUSSIES!!!!!

Do you really think that we are ever going to be given trophies? No!!! We will have to win them. Do you honestly believe that we will win them without having to compete against the best clubs. The whole point of winning trophies is to be the best and prove it by beating the best...That is the challenge.
The 1st time the challenge becomes a reality, you start to cry like fuckin babies.

I don't know if we are up to beating Chelsea on their own middin but I am more than happy to celebrate that we are in a position to do so.
BRING IT ON!!!
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby dazby » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:39 am

If you want to win a trophy, you have to overcome some obstacles. Here is a big one. Get past Stoke, get past Chelsea and we are on our way.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Re: FA Cup Quarter Final draw

Postby btajim » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:35 am

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
btajim wrote:The Mancini Team that beat the Ancelotti Team was made up of Inter Milan players. Crucial difference.

The thought of Drogba, Anelka and Sturridge attacking our defence is a genuinely worrying scenario. Get past Stoke at their place and we face Chelsea at their place. It's like eating a bowl of boiled Cabbage for your dinner and then finding out you have a second bowl of boiled Cabbage for your Pudding.

Yes cos Tevez, Adebayor, Johnson, Bellers, SWP, Ireland, Barry and Vieira are shit aren't they?

Al I can say is that its a good job the players dont have the same negative, depressive attitude as the fans cos we'd get a kick in every week if they did!

We're not playing brilliantly at the moment and we've had two major tests Away and have lost both. Everton and Man Ure. Very few people on this thread appear to be confident at the thought of facing Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

And I'm still waiting for my Pint of whatever you've been drinking...
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Beeks » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:41 am

btajim wrote:We're not playing brilliantly at the moment and we've had two major tests Away and have lost both. Everton and Man Ure. Very few people on this thread appear to be confident at the thought of facing Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

Exactly...if it was Chelsea at home i'd be a lot more confident (Stoke draw aside) We raise our game at home against the bigger sides

But Chelseas home record is as formidable as ours
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby btajim » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:42 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Exactly...if it was Chelsea at home i'd be a lot more confident (Stoke draw aside) We raise our game at home against the bigger sides

I don't recall when we last got a positive result at Chelsea.

Chelsea's home record is far better than ours. Personally, I'd surrender the FA Cup run to go full pelt for 4th place.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:10 am

btajim wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Exactly...if it was Chelsea at home i'd be a lot more confident (Stoke draw aside) We raise our game at home against the bigger sides

I don't recall when we last got a positive result at Chelsea.

Chelsea's home record is far better than ours. Personally, I'd surrender the FA Cup run to go full pelt for 4th place.

NO WAY!

I think we can have a good crack on both. One stage at a time. Get past Stoke and see what happens against Chelsea. I want to see us give it a good crack.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum