Over 200 million spent.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Over 200 million spent.

Postby aaron bond » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:51 pm

gillie wrote:
failsworthblue wrote:We have only spent half of what Chelski spent and in half the time .

I think it will probably take another £200 mill and a bit more time before we can win the Prem , a bit of Jose would not go a miss as well.

But as Chelski spent they improved and won trophies are we?.I think we are regressing and if we dont make top4 i dont think the Sheikh will get his money out as readily in the Summer.

I honestly don't think we have regressed since Mancini has taken over. We put in many lousy performances in the months before he became manager. On the other hand I don't think we've shown significant improvement yet, but I do think that will pick up each game.

We've spent enough money to get us into the top 4 this season. But if we are successful in each achieving that, to stay in the top 4 and to push on higher up the table, we will need to invest significant sums into the squad once again this summer. We still have players in the squad who just aren't good enough for a top 4 team, e.g. Petrov, Zabaleta, and they will need to be replaced with far better players.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby gillie » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:02 pm

aaron bond wrote:
gillie wrote:
failsworthblue wrote:We have only spent half of what Chelski spent and in half the time .

I think it will probably take another £200 mill and a bit more time before we can win the Prem , a bit of Jose would not go a miss as well.

But as Chelski spent they improved and won trophies are we?.I think we are regressing and if we dont make top4 i dont think the Sheikh will get his money out as readily in the Summer.

I honestly don't think we have regressed since Mancini has taken over. We put in many lousy performances in the months before he became manager. On the other hand I don't think we've shown significant improvement yet, but I do think that will pick up each game.

We've spent enough money to get us into the top 4 this season. But if we are successful in each achieving that, to stay in the top 4 and to push on higher up the table, we will need to invest significant sums into the squad once again this summer. We still have players in the squad who just aren't good enough for a top 4 team, e.g. Petrov, Zabaleta, and they will need to be replaced with far better players.

No we have not regressed league position wise but performance wise we have regressed dramatically.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby aaron bond » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:11 pm

gillie wrote:
aaron bond wrote:
gillie wrote:

No we have not regressed league position wise but performance wise we have regressed dramatically.

I don't think so personally. In our run of draws we were woeful. Earlier in the season, when we beat Portsmouth away 1-0, Wolves at home 1-0, Scunthorpe 5-1 (it was 1-1 for a long spell), we weren't great, but we got the result so I was happy.

I don't think we're really any worse now than we were pre-Mancini, but I haven't seen the improvement yet that I was hoping for. Our next 4 games (inc. FA Cup) are really tough and I'm hoping this is where Mancini shows that we were right to appoint him as manager.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum