Boring

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Boring

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:30 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Original Dub wrote:some people are finding the cautious defensive football very boring and not particularly effective either, obviously you're delighted with it

Nobody likes boring football...but then I don't feel the need to post 10+ pages on the merits of it either...or then descend into what inevitably turns into a personal mudslinging match between x and y for that matter

seems a lot of people on here have an awful lot to say about fuck all to be honest

hot air

What a lovely balloon!
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Original Dub » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:32 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Original Dub wrote:some people are finding the cautious defensive football very boring and not particularly effective either, obviously you're delighted with it

Nobody likes boring football...but then I don't feel the need to post 10+ pages on the merits of it either...or then descend into what inevitably turns into a personal mudslinging match between x and y for that matter

seems a lot of people on here have an awful lot to say about fuck all to be honest

hot air

Oh the irony...

This thread is a load of hot air. What you're giving out about is the discussion over which takes precedent - entertainment or purely results, performance or achievement, attack or defence..... actually, no scratch that, its about how we feel our club is progressing or regressing on the pitch....

Its a football forum after all. If you refuse to discuss how you feel about the football we are playing you're probably better off on the off topic mate.
Original Dub

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:33 pm

Original Dub wrote:[You giving out about the board being boring because people are giving out about the football being boring? Am I right?

shut it dub, you're fucking boring ;)

nah i know what you are getting at IBH but this is just the way it is. if we had won the league 5 years in a row people would find a reason to kick off with each other on here.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:35 pm

Scatman wrote:Who wants to have a guess on how long he'll be missing

He was silent for a whole nine minutes between 13:37 and 13:46. Even Peter Mandelson would see that as a brief hiatus.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Beeks » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:38 pm

Original Dub wrote:Its a football forum after all. If you refuse to discuss how you feel about the football we are playing you're probably better off on the off topic mate.

If the discussions were well balanced and dare I say actually about football then I would likely agree

But I think a lot of the so called debates/arguements are just about who has got the biggest cock and nothing to do with knowledge of the game
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Original Dub » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:41 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:[You giving out about the board being boring because people are giving out about the football being boring? Am I right?

nah i know what you are getting at IBH but this is just the way it is. if we had won the league 5 years in a row people would find a reason to kick off with each other on here.

I've just hit the exclamation button to report the abuse.

The thing is, its a fascination discussion and situation.. to find the posters that used to pick every single piece of football apart now more than happy to call for patience and perseverance...

The folk I have most respect for in all of this are the likes of CARL and Gillie and Johnph78 and others who picked apart the last guy and showed their reservations towards him... and then for different reasons showed this manager the same respect.

Personally, I felt the last guy MIGHT have been the man to take us forward and if we were to get rid, it had to be for a world class manager and I don't think ONE THING mancini has doen so far has shown me that he falls into this category. Yet he has done enough for others to tell us to stop giving out, that we've found the right man.

Fuck that.
Original Dub

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:41 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:If you want to give the site a wide berth.DO.

But...........

The forum is built on chatter and talkin shit,without there wouldn't be a site plus you dont have to read threads you know will be full of shit.Oh and its only the internet.

Do what you gotta do.

Exactly.

I'm quite tired of all the negativity as well as PERSONALLY I don't see much wrong right now BUT people say what they feel and that's that.

can't believe i had to UNFOE you to read that. Oh, wait...hold on.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:44 pm

Original Dub wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:

The thing is, its a fascination discussion and situation.. to find the posters that used to pick every single piece of football apart now more than happy to call for patience and perseverance...

The folk I have most respect for in all of this are the likes of CARL and Gillie and Johnph78 and others who picked apart the last guy and showed their reservations towards him... and then for different reasons showed this manager the same respect.
Personally, I felt the last guy MIGHT have been the man to take us forward and if we were to get rid, it had to be for a world class manager and I don't think ONE THING mancini has doen so far has shown me that he falls into this category. Yet he has done enough for others to tell us to stop giving out, that we've found the right man.

Fuck that.

Hold on.

So there's actually two ways for you, either people settle for anything and everything or they settle for nothing. How does that work then? It's some sort of virtue not to be ever happy?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Original Dub » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:51 pm

Original Dub wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:

Fuck that.

Hold on.

So there's actually two ways for you, either people settle for anything and everything or they settle for nothing. How does that work then? It's some sort of virtue not to be ever happy?

No mate if it was, you'd have been up there for quite some time ;)

The point I was making was that all for all the things you were unhappy about - and I mean ALL the things you listed before - you are happy about now. Its strange because there's not an awful lot of difference in the results, as MRM listed in the Mancini thread... also the football has deteriorated. Yet you don't one thing negative to say anymore, where as the people I mentioned pointed out the negatives of both.

I would look at them as being the most objective posters on the board, not that they are eternally unhappy.
Original Dub

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:01 pm

there are some very good discussions and points raised on this board..
there are however some very boring non-arguments where unfortunately the same posters just flog their own dead horses in front of and oblivious to everyone else. This just gets boring.. and it is the same in real life when two people are having a no-win self indulgent never ending handbags. These type rants usually tell us more about the ranter than anything they are actually talking about.. which makes it all the worse, as if the world really wants to know about some bores weaknesses and obsessions. For me it is the amount of reasonable threads that sink into terminal arguments just because of someones agenda or inability to know when to shut up.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Fidel Castro » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:01 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:

Fuck that.

Hold on.

No mate if it was, you'd have been up there for quite some time ;)

The point I was making was that all for all the things you were unhappy about - and I mean ALL the things you listed before - you are happy about now. Its strange because there's not an awful lot of difference in the results, as MRM listed in the Mancini thread... also the football has deteriorated. Yet you don't one thing negative to say anymore, where as the people I mentioned pointed out the negatives of both.

I would look at them as being the most objective posters on the board, not that they are eternally unhappy.

This cunt is right. I agree.
Fact is, you are a licker Antti ;-)
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Beeks » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:06 pm

brite blu sky wrote:there are some very good discussions and points raised on this board..
there are however some very boring non-arguments where unfortunately the same posters just flog their own dead horses in front of and oblivious to everyone else. This just gets boring.. and it is the same in real life when two people are having a no-win self indulgent never ending handbags. These type rants usually tell us more about the ranter than anything they are actually talking about.. which makes it all the worse, as if the world really wants to know about some bores weaknesses and obsessions. For me it is the amount of reasonable threads that sink into terminal arguments just because of someones agenda or inability to know when to shut up.

Exactly what I was getting at...but unfortunately it seems to spread to every thread these days
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Original Dub » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:09 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:there are some very good discussions and points raised on this board..

Exactly what I was getting at...but unfortunately it seems to spread to every thread these days

You're right.

Start another thread and see if it happens again...
Original Dub

Postby Mr Miyagi » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:06 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Gonna give this place a wide berth for awhile...makes for a depressing read which it really shouldn't be

Are you going or not? You made the speech about going away for a while and then carried on posting about 6 times in the same thread.... I'd have more respect if you said your piece and went.
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:12 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Its a football forum after all. If you refuse to discuss how you feel about the football we are playing you're probably better off on the off topic mate.

If the discussions were well balanced and dare I say actually about football then I would likely agree

But I think a lot of the so called debates/arguements are just about who has got the biggest cock and nothing to do with knowledge of the game

Strange question, but are we discussing discussions?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby ruralblue » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:27 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

Have to say I know fuck all about football, but for an ugly fucker yup I am up there with the big boys :-p

Seriously I think the board will always have squabbles no matter what position we are in. I think a lot of what is said is done in the heat of the moment and not always meant with the intent its said.

edited cause me fucking eyes are a bit pissed and i quoted and write fanny fuck all.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum