Summer ins and outs

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Summer ins and outs

Postby Wooders » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:52 pm

I think some major upheaval will occur over the summer, and I also think some controversial names will be headed for the door

my predicted outs
Toure, Nedum, Ireland, SWP, Sylvinho, Robinho, Benjani, Jo, Bojinov and maybe even Adebayor
most are forgone conclusions but here are some reasons for the more eyebrow raising ones:
Nedum wants games, SWP"s contract talks are stalling, Ireland looks like he needs to move on just like Dunne did, Toure needs to be replaced at CB imo he is a liability

my predicted in's
Subotic, Angel Di Maria, Gago, Joe Cole, Ansaldi, a "who?" striker and a big name striker, maybe torres or Villa

who I personally would like but really don't feel confident of us getting
Fellaini, Vidic, David Villa
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Re: Summer ins and outs

Postby ant london » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:59 pm

Out:

Definite/Hopefully
Jo, Bojinov, Robinho, Caicedo, Benjani

Probable
Garrido, Vidal, Logan, Taylor

Possible/Hopefully Not
Onuoha, Ireland, Toure, Zabaleta, M Johnson

Who I'd like in would depend on who goes in that last group but a priority is a top class lock picking creative midfielder (even if Stevie stays I want another "schemer"). Iniesta-esque. Someone also dynamic and truly box to box. Flamini would be brilliant

Top class centre half. Vidic would do fine.

Centre forward or two. One fast and skillful, one just a goal machine

World class right full back

New goalkeeper to cover for Shay
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Chinners » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:15 pm

Strangely enough I don't think we'll be that busy at the mo (depends on how this season ends obviously) but I'd be very supprised at this moment to see more than 5 in/out either way
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby BlueSince72 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:22 pm

Hopeful Outs

Mancini
Garrido

Hopeful Ins

2 x Creative Midfielders
1 X Right back
17 x Defense Midfielders (I feel we are a little short in this dept) :0)

Hiddink (Looking unlikely as the turkey job looks to be his!!)
BlueSince72
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:29 pm

We'll find it hard to shift players in the summer and in any transfer window. The wages they are on can not be offered by other clubs and I think we'll have a few "danny mills" on our hands. Fair play to them for seeing out a contract though.

In terms of this summer, I don't think we will see much movement at all apart from the loany's who will get sold or loaned again.

We'll sign one or two midfielders in summer, what impact that will have on our current midfielders will be anyone's guess. Nedum might want first team football if he remains fit from now until the end of the season but doesn't get game time.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:33 pm

Apart from the obvious outs, I can't see the others mentioned going apart from, unfortunately, Ned. He still hasn't really got his career started yet & needs to be playing but I fear he'll always be be rated by our managers as below the other 3 CB's. If he stays fit he'll be the best defender at the club he goes to. SWP may go if we get Mourinho.

In: RB who can defend & attack. LB same. World class alround midfielder with talent stamina & pace hopefully two, dunno who, not seen one since Gerrard. Genuine goalscoring machine, possibly Villa or if we get 4th, maybe Torres.

If we could get a Vidic I'd let Toure go or I'd insist he tries to play RB.

If it was up to me we'd have Franck Ribery provided he's not got any long term injury probs. If we got him then Petrov could be allowed to go but I'd sign Petrov up right now anyway just in case we can't get anyone & to stop him going to Spurs.

Don't think we'll let too many home grown players go as the rules for Chump's lg allow for a big-ish quota.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby carolina-blue » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:38 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:We'll find it hard to shift players in the summer and in any transfer window. The wages they are on can not be offered by other clubs and I think we'll have a few "danny mills" on our hands. Fair play to them for seeing out a contract though.

In terms of this summer, I don't think we will see much movement at all apart from the loany's who will get sold or loaned again.

We'll sign one or two midfielders in summer, what impact that will have on our current midfielders will be anyone's guess. Nedum might want first team football if he remains fit from now until the end of the season but doesn't get game time.

I know I know , friend of a friend of a friend , But this guy happens to be a journo for one of the English papers Who hates Bacon face and is barred from his press confrences , Tells me m8 that come summer if Bobby is still here Stevie and Shaunie will be gone He does not rate them apparently , And no I am not after your Bollox Chinners just passing on what i have been told .
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby BlueinBosnia » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:39 pm

BlueSince72 wrote:Hopeful Ins

Hiddink (Looking unlikely as the turkey job looks to be his!!)

Please don't get me started. The world's most overrated 'big name' manager. Fact.

Although we'd play more watchable football, admittedly.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Chinners » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:40 pm

Thats mighty fine bollox to be fair, I'll see what I can make up for tomorrows round up
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:02 pm

carolina-blue wrote:
MaineRoadMemories wrote:We'll find it hard to shift players in the summer and in any transfer window. The wages they are on can not be offered by other clubs and I think we'll have a few "danny mills" on our hands. Fair play to them for seeing out a contract though.

I know I know , friend of a friend of a friend , But this guy happens to be a journo for one of the English papers Who hates Bacon face and is barred from his press confrences , Tells me m8 that come summer if Bobby is still here Stevie and Shaunie will be gone He does not rate them apparently , And no I am not after your Bollox Chinners just passing on what i have been told .

It could happen of course but I can't think of any possible reason a manager who's not yet sure of his own future, would be discussing the futures of two of City's home grown players with anyone & especially someone who may tell other people.

Agent's or press or rags making up tales to get in the media for their own purposes I recon.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Crossie » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:07 pm

If id seen Ireland play only this season, I would rate him either, but I would be aware that he was our player of the season last year, and no doubt topped various stat sheets.

When your Stevies age you dont suddenly lose this much form without reason.

Mancini would be wrong to sell Ireland. Ireland will have chance to change the managers mind, its up to him.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:20 pm

Crossie wrote:If id seen Ireland play only this season, I would rate him either, but I would be aware that he was our player of the season last year, and no doubt topped various stat sheets.

When your Stevies age you dont suddenly lose this much form without reason.

Mancini would be wrong to sell Ireland. Ireland will have chance to change the managers mind, its up to him.

It would be absolutely crazy to sell Ireland but my jury's still out on which player is the true Ireland; last season's or the one we're seeing now. With that in mind I wouldn't trust our future success to him, I'd sign players & make him force his way back into the 'A' team. Whoever performed best would become my 1st choice, irrespective of who they are or how much they cost. That would go for all positions & anyone who isn't up to it or happy to fight can go.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mcfc1632 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:25 pm

I actually really worry that we could have a very disappointing end to the season just because too many players are thinking that about summer changes - it happened last year - I could not understand why the players were not fighting to stand out and earn big contracts - but it is clear that once a player feels he are not considered 1st choice- the majority let their heads drop

I worry that bobby will not be able to instil enough passion or fear to prevent that happening - the only thing that will I think are some good results over the next couple of weeks - if we are challenging for trophies / qualifications I think that we will kick on - else I worry if the players are worrying about summer signings we will flop
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:25 pm

Will go. (PLAYERS)

Benji,Garrido,Robbie,Petrov.

Might go

SWP,Ireland,Toure (I WANT ALL TO STAY)

Will go. (MANAGEMENT)

Mancini-replaced by Jose with a long contract and a pot of money and the job of delivering the title/Cups.

Ins (PLAYERS)

Whoever Jose wants.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby gilford » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:38 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:Will go. (PLAYERS)

Benji,Garrido,Robbie,Petrov.

Might go

SWP,Ireland,Toure (I WANT ALL TO STAY)

Will go. (MANAGEMENT)

Mancini-replaced by Jose with a long contract and a pot of money and the job of delivering the title/Cups.

Ins (PLAYERS)

Whoever Jose wants.

Funnily enough this is what I see happening, although I would be slightly annoyed at the change of Manager yet again (it does nothing for morale you know ;-))
gilford
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Kun Aguero

Postby walmai » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:14 pm

Wooders wrote:I think some major upheaval will occur over the summer, and I also think some controversial names will be headed for the door

my predicted outs
Toure, Nedum, Ireland, SWP, Sylvinho, Robinho, Benjani, Jo, Bojinov and maybe even Adebayor
most are forgone conclusions but here are some reasons for the more eyebrow raising ones:
Nedum wants games, SWP"s contract talks are stalling, Ireland looks like he needs to move on just like Dunne did, Toure needs to be replaced at CB imo he is a liability

:waves both hands furiously in Nedum, Ireland, SWP and Bojinov's directions:

'Come to sunny E13 you guys! You are just what we need! Nedum = Upson's replacement, the slow old twat; Ireland = a welcome addition to practically any squad in the division; SWP = Well we can dream, but pacy wing-play is a bit of a rarity and Bojinov, yes, but only if he's in tip top shape. We've got Mido now, after all.

:two fingers to the rest of them: (on the assumption that you are surely not thinking about seriously lodging Adebayor? :$
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby CityFanFromRome » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:48 pm

Out:

Jo, RSC, Robinho, Caicedo, Bojinov, Zabba, Garrido, Sylvinho, Petrov

In:
A top RB, a top LB, Ribery, an attacking midfielder (or box-to-box) or two, a tall striker, a fast striker/winger

My preferred players for those positions:

RB: Alves (one can dream, right?)
LB: can't think of anyone. Riise is impressing me at Roma but he's not a top LB, is he?
Att. midfielder: Sneijder, Van der Vaart, Diego, for the future Canales
Box-to-box midfielder: De Rossi, Fabregas (again, one can dream...), Ramsey (he's going to be mint, I'm sure of it)
Tall striker: Dzeko
Fast striker/winger: Pato, Balotelli
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Wooders » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:00 pm

walmai wrote:
Wooders wrote:I think some major upheaval will occur over the summer, and I also think some controversial names will be headed for the door

my predicted outs

:waves both hands furiously in Nedum, Ireland, SWP and Bojinov's directions:

'Come to sunny E13 you guys! You are just what we need! Nedum = Upson's replacement, the slow old twat; Ireland = a welcome addition to practically any squad in the division; SWP = Well we can dream, but pacy wing-play is a bit of a rarity and Bojinov, yes, but only if he's in tip top shape. We've got Mido now, after all.

:two fingers to the rest of them: (on the assumption that you are surely not thinking about seriously lodging Adebayor? :$

All players that would flourish under Zola - they did pretty well under hughes as well (with the exception of boji), hint hint... ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby CityGer » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:02 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:Out:

Jo, RSC, Robinho, Caicedo, Bojinov, Zabba, Garrido, Sylvinho, Petrov

In:
A top RB, a top LB, Ribery, an attacking midfielder (or box-to-box) or two, a tall striker, a fast striker/winger

My preferred players for those positions:

RB: Alves (one can dream, right?)
LB: can't think of anyone. Riise is impressing me at Roma but he's not a top LB, is he?
Att. midfielder: Sneijder, Van der Vaart, Diego, for the future Canales
Box-to-box midfielder: De Rossi, Fabregas (again, one can dream...), Ramsey (he's going to be mint, I'm sure of it)
Tall striker: Dzeko
Fast striker/winger: Pato, Balotelli

De Rossi has been absolutely superb every time I've seen him this season. A top quality player and one that I would love to see us target.

Torres, Maicon, Cheilini and Hamsik to conclude our summer recruitment.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby CityFanFromRome » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:19 pm

CityGer wrote:

De Rossi has been absolutely superb every time I've seen him this season. A top quality player and one that I would love to see us target.

Torres, Maicon, Cheilini and Hamsik to conclude our summer recruitment.

Hamsik I definitely agree with, and Torres too of course. Chiellini, yes, although it's still a question if he can adapt to the Prem.

Maicon, no thanks. If you actually watch him, and see him attacked by a winger, you realize he's not that good, it's just that normally the other team is more worried of him attacking than to attack him themselves, which instead exposes all his frialty as defender.

As for De Rossi...they say he's playing below par this season, and yet he has already scored seven times from a DM position, although he's been freed a bit lately by Ranieri who employs Pizarro in front of the back line as a playmaker now, with De Rossi helping when the opposition has the ball. One of my favourite players, and one that would pain me to no end to see leaving Roma, but if it was to come to City, then I could accept it.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum