Do You Feel CONFIDENT About Us Winning Titles?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Are you sure we will win cups sooner or later

Yeah, man. We are on Maine Road to glory. No question about it.
44%
Nah, Í think we are doomed to shitdom. Nothing ever changes for us.
9%
I'm not sure, I just want us to win something quickly before it all goes wrong again.
47%

Total votes : 43

Re: Do You Feel CONFIDENT About Us Winning Titles?

Postby btajim » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:47 pm

crossan wrote:What worries me is whether Sheik Mansoor is prepared to be patient or not,he may come to the conclusion that he was sold a pig in a poke by Shinawatra.................some of the buys have shown to be very iffy,Adabayor,Lescott,Barry have been very poor,hopefully the owner will show similar preparedness as we City fans have shown over the years.

I think Adebayor has been great. It's an absolute tragedy what happened before the African Cup of Nations started - and the Guy has shown tremendous character to come back and start banging them in again. The boy is a Goal machine and will hopefully strike up a brilliant Partnership with Tevez for many seasons to come.

As has been said before, he might appear lazy for 89 minutes - but if his Goals win Matches then he can take a deckchair on to the pitch with him. I don't care. Let Bellers do all the running!
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Original Dub » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:50 pm

btajim wrote:
crossan wrote:What worries me is whether Sheik Mansoor is prepared to be patient or not,he may come to the conclusion that he was sold a pig in a poke by Shinawatra.................some of the buys have shown to be very iffy,Adabayor,Lescott,Barry have been very poor,hopefully the owner will show similar preparedness as we City fans have shown over the years.

I think Adebayor has been great. It's an absolute tragedy what happened before the African Cup of Nations started - and the Guy has shown tremendous character to come back and start banging them in again. The boy is a Goal machine and will hopefully strike up a brilliant Partnership with Tevez for many seasons to come.

As has been said before, he might appear lazy for 89 minutes - but if his Goals win Matches then he can take a deckchair on to the pitch with him. I don't care. Let Bellers do all the running!

Well that's another valid point - you can make a fantastic strike partnership out of one quality finisher and one workhorse and we have both. Both young guys as well, so you'd have to be optomistic about the future in that regard.
Original Dub

Postby walmai » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:01 pm

Original Dub wrote:
walmai wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
walmai wrote:You'll win a cup long before you win the title.

You won't win the title until you've got a fully-functioning defence (as well you know).
Given's a very good keeper, but you got had over by Arsenal and Everton, imho, and need to rebuild your CB partnership. It is some distance behind the present top 4 in terms of concentration and ability.
Wayne Bridge was poor for you before he got injured too.

I still think you'll come 4th this year, mind.

We haven't actually had a settled back 4 or even a settled CB partnership though. Every few games it changes due to injury. It looked like it was coming together v Chelsea then was a different line up for the next two games & got shuffled ever since. Lescott has only just come back.

Yeah, but am I right or wrong to assume that Toure and Lescott were purchased in order to play together in a CB pairing? That's the point that I was making; they're not title-winning standard, either individually, or as a pair.

Individually, they could well be title winning standard. One has already proven that and the other had to move club to find out.

they are too similar as a partnership though and that's hughes fault....

Fair points, but I think you're being a bit charitable to them both in terms of present abilities. If Mancini stays in the Summer, my money is on a re-build of the back 4. I may of course be wrong about that.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby Original Dub » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:07 pm

walmai wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
walmai wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
walmai wrote:You'll win a cup long before you win the title.

You won't win the title until you've got a fully-functioning defence (as well you know).
Given's a very good keeper, but you got had over by Arsenal and Everton, imho, and need to rebuild your CB partnership. It is some distance behind the present top 4 in terms of concentration and ability.
Wayne Bridge was poor for you before he got injured too.

I still think you'll come 4th this year, mind.

We haven't actually had a settled back 4 or even a settled CB partnership though. Every few games it changes due to injury. It looked like it was coming together v Chelsea then was a different line up for the next two games & got shuffled ever since. Lescott has only just come back.

Yeah, but am I right or wrong to assume that Toure and Lescott were purchased in order to play together in a CB pairing? That's the point that I was making; they're not title-winning standard, either individually, or as a pair.

Individually, they could well be title winning standard. One has already proven that and the other had to move club to find out.

they are too similar as a partnership though and that's hughes fault....

Fair points, but I think you're being a bit charitable to them both in terms of present abilities. If Mancini stays in the Summer, my money is on a re-build of the back 4. I may of course be wrong about that.

Of course you could be right, but its difficult to spot who the shit head is if the whole back line has been re shuffled every second game.. or if the blend and balance is wrong. Its more likely that one of them will eventually be dropped/Lescott moved to left back than the whole line being replaced.
Original Dub

Postby CityFanFromRome » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:40 pm

I absolutely certain we will win things. We may not win anything this year, but in three years time (5 max ) I'm absolutely sure we will be if not the clear favourites for the title, one of the two/three teams battling for it, and we will have got enough experience in the CL to try and go all the way in it too, although actually winning it may take a bit longer.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby btajim » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:36 pm

Original Dub wrote:
btajim wrote:

Well that's another valid point - you can make a fantastic strike partnership out of one quality finisher and one workhorse and we have both. Both young guys as well, so you'd have to be optomistic about the future in that regard.

Very optimistic. Can you now laugh about Corradi and Samaras? I'll never forget thinking Bernado had come good when he scored a brace against Fulham...
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Chinners » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:52 pm

I'm scared we'll win fuck all for many years to come, hope I'm wrong obviously
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Renato_CTID » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:59 pm

Not so happy at the moment, but still faithful our club shall become the first in the world very early!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:45 pm

For 30 years (ish) I've been saying yes, so why change the habit off a lifetime? Those who said no or not sure should be shot, because that's just a pile of childish drivel in my opinion!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby rick1894citizen » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:52 pm

Not sure when we'll be winning trophies but im positive that we will, i really thought this year before the swamp and season is now a few games from being revived or turned to shit (unusually for me im losing confidence) but even if we get 5th or worse and no FA cup im still positive that we will at some point in near future by may 2012.
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby ruralblue » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:11 pm

YAY, damn right we will march on and lift a few. Got to have hope. watched us do nothing much for so long and I do believe our time will come. I don't see us getting more than 5th place this year as the team is not fully communicating yet, nor firing on all cylinders. However I think we will get a BIG signing or two in the next window and turn a corner.

Funny thing though, what the fuck will we moan about when we do win stuff. These boards are quiet enough when not playing or we win and when we lose we seem to have hundreds of posts all moaning about how shit we are. I was there when we were shit and I DO belive otherwise what would be the fucking point.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Bojinov's left foot » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:13 pm

Confident of success. Maybe not this year but it will come aslong as the Sheikh continues to back us financially.

Top 4 this season is the priority though of course the FA Cup would be very nice. Top 4 will bring better players and increase our chances of challenging for top honours.

Concerned about the Youth set up though. Will watch with interest how this works out over the next few seasons. We have a great track record of bringing quality young players into the first team, long may this continue.
Bojinov's left foot
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Original Dub » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:42 pm

btajim wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
btajim wrote:

Very optimistic. Can you now laugh about Corradi and Samaras? I'll never forget thinking Bernado had come good when he scored a brace against Fulham...

Haha, yeah but its the nature of the beast to hope that your striker has finally landed and god knows we've been disappointed more than most...

This time though, we've got the real deal.
Original Dub

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:58 pm

Not really confident at all, but I think that comes from years of seeing us win nowt and seeing the same teams win the same trophies over and over again.

But then again I wouldn't say it was "shitdom", whatever that is. We've been given an opportunity for the time being. We can't start worrying about what would happen if Sheikh Mansour didn't want us. We spend enough time worrying and bickering what is actually going on without having to second guess what'll happen in the future.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum