whats your favorite counterattack goal of the season sofar?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: whats your favorite counterattack goal of the season sofar?

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:47 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I CANT FUCKING REMEMBER.

I think this football is depressing you more than me chief!!

Thing is, as Ted said, that goal that NEARLY happened against wolves was some move and that was under Mancini, so we can hope and pray he reverts back to it....

We hav eit in us to knock the shit out of teams. I hope we try to tomorrow night and of course on Sunday.

IT IS....THE THING IS IF WE ARE PANTS AT HOME WITH SO MUCH DEFENDING WHAT FUCKING CHANCE DO WE HAVE AWAY?

I CANNOT GET EXCITED BEFORE A GAME ANYMORE....I FUCKING HOPE THAT CHANGES AS IM REALLY NEGATIVE AT THE MOMENT.
HOPEFULLY WE CAN REPOST ON HERE WHEN WE SCORE WITH A BRETHTAKING COUNTER ATTACK TOMORROW.!!

it is frustrating at the moment for sure and our patience is surely set to be tested in the next few games.
I think it is too much to have expected Mancini to walk in and wave a magic wand. Yes we have seen a dramatic decline in
vivacity in going forward. But it was the defence that needed sorting and in the modern game that means the whole teams defensive capabilities and organisation. Again it is too much to ask that to snap into place just as we want so we can then start to shift concentration into how to build an attack onto that base.
In my opinion we dont yet have the defensive stuff quite sorted in the way Bob wants it, so i expect to see more of the same, but each time i hope and expect to see improvement that shows itself by us being able to hold our formation higher up the pitch. I can see Mancini trying to do that recently, and it is why i believe he brought in PV, as DeJong isnt yet able to give us some much needed midfield composure.
So in a way i have dealt with this disappointment of negative football, by trying to see what is going on rather than looking for what i expect.. make any sense? in other words i have bought into what the Sheik has done by replacing the manager and put on ice my wish for rocket fuel football, for now, and am looking at the improvement or lack of it in our ability to stop other teams getting through us. yes it feels like watching defensive practice, yes it is pretty dull, yes i believe the best form of defence is attack, yes i think football is entertainment..
But to keep my sanity at the mo i had to shift what i was looking at. There is a reason the manager was changed and that was all about weaker teams waltzing through us and taking points off us. So if the agenda is making us difficult to get through then i am going to watch with interest at that aspect of our game. You have to admit that two games against Stoke is going to be nuts. I think it is just what the doctor ordered. Perfect training games for what this team needs to be able to deal with. If by the Cup game we have learnt enough to hold Stoke at bay AND we get a win from a class bit of counter attacking play then that would be the icing on the cake.

just so you know where im coming from, my vote is still out on Mancini, i get the feeling that he is a good enough manager and can do the business, but i dont think he is able yet to do what he wants with the team. Same point as above.. getting the team to be a solid unit and difficult to get through aka Chelsea, will take a lot of work and few really tough games against teams like Stoke. I dont beleive this is just what Mancini is about and a good reason for that thinking is bringing AJ in.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:24 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I CANT FUCKING REMEMBER.

I think this football is depressing you more than me chief!!

Thing is, as Ted said, that goal that NEARLY happened against wolves was some move and that was under Mancini, so we can hope and pray he reverts back to it....

We hav eit in us to knock the shit out of teams. I hope we try to tomorrow night and of course on Sunday.

IT IS....THE THING IS IF WE ARE PANTS AT HOME WITH SO MUCH DEFENDING WHAT FUCKING CHANCE DO WE HAVE AWAY?

I CANNOT GET EXCITED BEFORE A GAME ANYMORE....I FUCKING HOPE THAT CHANGES AS IM REALLY NEGATIVE AT THE MOMENT.
HOPEFULLY WE CAN REPOST ON HERE WHEN WE SCORE WITH A BRETHTAKING COUNTER ATTACK TOMORROW.!!

it is frustrating at the moment for sure and our patience is surely set to be tested in the next few games.
I think it is too much to have expected Mancini to walk in and wave a magic wand. Yes we have seen a dramatic decline in
vivacity in going forward. But it was the defence that needed sorting and in the modern game that means the whole teams defensive capabilities and organisation. Again it is too much to ask that to snap into place just as we want so we can then start to shift concentration into how to build an attack onto that base.
In my opinion we dont yet have the defensive stuff quite sorted in the way Bob wants it, so i expect to see more of the same, but each time i hope and expect to see improvement that shows itself by us being able to hold our formation higher up the pitch. I can see Mancini trying to do that recently, and it is why i believe he brought in PV, as DeJong isnt yet able to give us some much needed midfield composure.
So in a way i have dealt with this disappointment of negative football, by trying to see what is going on rather than looking for what i expect.. make any sense? in other words i have bought into what the Sheik has done by replacing the manager and put on ice my wish for rocket fuel football, for now, and am looking at the improvement or lack of it in our ability to stop other teams getting through us. yes it feels like watching defensive practice, yes it is pretty dull, yes i believe the best form of defence is attack, yes i think football is entertainment..
But to keep my sanity at the mo i had to shift what i was looking at. There is a reason the manager was changed and that was all about weaker teams waltzing through us and taking points off us. So if the agenda is making us difficult to get through then i am going to watch with interest at that aspect of our game. You have to admit that two games against Stoke is going to be nuts. I think it is just what the doctor ordered. Perfect training games for what this team needs to be able to deal with. If by the Cup game we have learnt enough to hold Stoke at bay AND we get a win from a class bit of counter attacking play then that would be the icing on the cake.

just so you know where im coming from, my vote is still out on Mancini, i get the feeling that he is a good enough manager and can do the business, but i dont think he is able yet to do what he wants with the team. Same point as above.. getting the team to be a solid unit and difficult to get through aka Chelsea, will take a lot of work and few really tough games against teams like Stoke. I dont beleive this is just what Mancini is about and a good reason for that thinking is bringing AJ in.

GOOD POST.

LET,S SEE WHAT HAPPENS BUT IM ONE OF THE WORST PEOPLE ALIVE AT HAVING PATIENCE.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:50 pm

Its the SWP goal against the Arsenal for me like a few have said already top top goal.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby zuricity » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:09 pm

Although the goal against Barca was good. Would I be incorrect or inpolite to suggest that Rooneys goal against the Arse is probably one of the best examples of a counter attack goal one is ever likely to see ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:54 am

zuricity wrote:Although the goal against Barca was good. Would I be incorrect or inpolite to suggest that Rooneys goal against the Arse is probably one of the best examples of a counter attack goal one is ever likely to see ?

It was very good but imo it was as much about arsenal's lack of desire as Utd's quality because several Arsenal players had the opportunity to go with Rooney & stop him but didn't try hard enough & let him go wheras, once the pass was made, the only person who had a cat in hell's chance of stopping Petrov was the keeper.

Everton did exactly the same thing to Arsenal the week before. We could too if we get our act together in time.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum