Training Monday 15/2

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Monday 15/2

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:52 pm

Back to normal again today with cold and rain at Carrington for what was only a short training session scehduled to start at 3pm. I arrived early just in case they did too and saw the end of the reserves training. One or two faces I didn't know as they have bolstered the numbers due to quite a few going on loan. 2 I did know were Helan and Guidetti and both showed up quite well in the few minutes I saw.

The first team came out roughly on schedule with Bridge first closely followed by Petrov so some things don't change. The keepers though are always out a little before the rest. Everyone was out except Bellamy and Tevez which was better news maybe than expected and they all took part even if it wasn't for very long and not involving much football. ( not 100% sure Boyata was there today)

The initial half hour was taken up with some work on zonal defending. A team of players all taking up their positions as shown by all the cones already laid out and the rest of the players watching on and listening to Mancini explain how it should all work. No keepers involved during this part and no ball either. Then they all took up the positions on the field and did the regular movements around under Mancini's guidnace with Carminati taking over after a short while to introduce some stretching exercises.

AS I said that was half an hourish and then followed by some more warm up excercises and an opening game on a 5 a side sized area. Not football though but basically netball! All passes by hand and goals only with headers. That moved into a more football oriented game where it had to be one touch and goals could only come from a header off a volleyed pass! All good fun and in keeping with the light session they wanted to have.

I didn't see any signs of injuries in any of the players although Vinnie did break off at the end to doing some gentle running around the full ground with Carminati. Clearly not 100% as confirmed by Mancini who has said the Stoke game is probably a few days too soon for him. No doubt he could play if it was essential as he did against Bolton ( or was it Portsmouth?) which seemed to have been a mistake in hindsight.

After my post the other day about differences in training I was looking out today for fun moments and here's the top 5 I can remember in no particular order. Sorry if they don't come across as hilarious but you had to be there.
1) There were a bunch of photographers around today and at the start Kidd and Mancini were out chatting . Mancini noticed the cameras and made an obvious attempt to get his body across Kidd so that they didnt get a picture of him. Slightly funny but when one guy tried to move to get a better angle for a picture he went arse over and got very muddy for his troubles.
2) During the netball warm up game one of the teams picked SWP as its goalie. Watching SWP as the last line of defence in what essentially was a heading game was comical.
3) Micah's laugh can often be heard above anything else and today was no exception. It really is infectious and one moment when he jumped across people to clear with one header and taking 2 people out in the process all that was left was 3 bodies on the floor with Micah laughing his head off.
4) Petrov was playing in the team with yellow bibs but decided to cheat by lifting the bib over his head so that the other team would pass to him. They did and he thought it was extremely funny as he went the other way and his team scored.
5) The keepers were working away beyond the pitch the rest were on and the loudest voice there most of the time is the keeper coach.( Massimo whatsisname) But from nowhere came the booming sound of Shay's voice screaming you f....ing t..t No idea why but it was really funny in Shay's best Irish accent.

The whole session today was less than an hour and as the majority were going in Mancini was talking closely with Toure and Kompany was still doing a bit with Carminati. The final bit as the keepers finished off was Mancini taking Shay into the goal area where they had previously done the zonal work and he was spending time no doubt explaining what he wants from him against Stoke.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Monday 15/2

Postby trout man » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:59 pm

Thanks Doug, was Ireland out today and if so, how did he look?
Hoping our new rollercoaster gives us the thrill of our lives.
trout man
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Ellie and City
My favourite player is: Vinnie

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:05 pm

trout man wrote:Thanks Doug, was Ireland out today and if so, how did he look?

Yes he was out there just getting on with it like the rest. Seemed fine to me.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Geo123 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:09 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

Que the faking injury over his poor performance comment
Geo123
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Original Dub » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:11 pm

So he WAS lying then - the lying filthy cunt ;)

That's good news, even if he's for the bench tomorrow... Also I noted the line you said Mancini was giving Shay clear instructions as to what he expects him to do against the long throw etc... another reason we should have him as the player for analysis IMO.
Original Dub

Postby shortagain » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:26 pm

Were SWP & RSC in action Doug
shortagain
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:28 pm

Cheers for that Doug, glad to hear there aint no injurys after saturday.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Crossie » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:57 pm

Dough, do you mean you saw Petrov head the ball???!??????????????????
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:12 pm

shortagain wrote:Were SWP & RSC in action Doug

Bearing in knd what they actually did I think the word action might be overdoing it a bit but yes they were both out there
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:13 pm

Original Dub wrote:

So he WAS lying then - the lying filthy cunt ;)

That's good news, even if he's for the bench tomorrow... Also I noted the line you said Mancini was giving Shay clear instructions as to what he expects him to do against the long throw etc... another reason we should have him as the player for analysis IMO.

I think that's a bit strong OD , they may just have got him off in time before it became a seriuos injury.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:14 pm

Crossie wrote:Dough, do you mean you saw Petrov head the ball???!??????????????????

Hmmmm come to think of it I am not sure I did.He probably kept himself wide to provide the throws.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Biamp » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:21 pm

Cheers Doug, do you think Micah will get his place back in the team? Or is it too early for him?
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Biamp » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:22 pm

And how did Adam Johnson look today? Do you think he might start tomorrow? What about SWP, Ireland, and Petrov I read in previews they are all doubtful for tomorrow? Kompany might play? Or is it too early for him?
Biamp

Postby Renato_CTID » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:24 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:... The final bit as the keepers finished off was Mancini taking Shay into the goal area where they had previously done the zonal work and he was spending time no doubt explaining what he wants from him against Stoke.

Run, Given run, look! Rory's handball is coming! :)
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:27 pm

Biamp wrote:And how did Adam Johnson look today? Do you think he might start tomorrow? What about SWP, Ireland, and Petrov I read in previews they are all doubtful for tomorrow? Kompany might play? Or is it too early for him?

They were all out there today but it's Mancini who has said Stoke tomorrow is a bit early for Vinnie. The other 3 seemed ok and it would be perfectly normal for Sky to be talking crap.

AJ looked fine.At least as fine as you can doing what they were doing.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby shawzy » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:29 pm

Thanks for the report DH..Good read as always bud.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Biamp » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:32 pm

Biamp wrote:And how did Adam Johnson look today? Do you think he might start tomorrow? What about SWP, Ireland, and Petrov I read in previews they are all doubtful for tomorrow? Kompany might play? Or is it too early for him?

They were all out there today but it's Mancini who has said Stoke tomorrow is a bit early for Vinnie. The other 3 seemed ok and it would be perfectly normal for Sky to be talking crap.

What about Micah?
Biamp

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:39 pm

Biamp wrote:

What about Micah?

I think Micah will play tomorrow
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Biamp » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:40 pm

Biamp wrote:

What about Micah?

I think Micah will play tomorrow

Cheers once again, great effort as usual.
Biamp

Postby Chinners » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:59 pm

Excellent stuff as always Doug ... always amuses me when questions are posted and the answer is quite clearly in your piece
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum