**MCFC V Stoke Official Match Thread**

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: **MCFC V Stoke Official Match Thread**

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:58 pm

Can someone sum the game up quickly for me? Missed all of it.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:58 pm

Green in blue wrote:
bluemoon wrote:
Green in blue wrote:
svengali wrote:Almost undone by 10 men. Shay Given was fucking appalling.

jesus fucking christ. the best player in our team in years has a few dodgy games and everyone thinks he is shite. fucking hilarious.

The best plater in our team for years, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, good one.

consistently the best keeper in the prem for years beyond a shadow of a fucking doubt and he gets raped for a few bad games. fool hardy most folks on here

One of the best shot stoppers, however, he has to be, as he doesn't command the area. If he came for crossed (and made it when he did), he wouldn't have to make half the saves he does, hence he wouldn't have so many saves on the highlights. Van Der Sar, Cech (before injury), Friedel (post Liverpool) and Reina are/were all better keepers.

And don't even get me started on his distribution.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby aaron bond » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:59 pm

london blue 2 wrote:As soon as they went to 10 he should have taken Vieira off for Stevie. Without superman our midfield simply cannot pick a dangerous pass. Manchini out. dont give a fuck.

Yep - because Stevie's been doing that all season.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Fidel Castro » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:59 pm

Green in blue wrote:
bluemoon wrote:
Green in blue wrote:

jesus fucking christ. the best player in our team in years has a few dodgy games and everyone thinks he is shite. fucking hilarious.

consistently the best keeper in the prem for years beyond a shadow of a fucking doubt and he gets raped for a few bad games. fool hardy most folks on here

he's a great shot stopper. but an average goalkeeper. if he was so brilliant, what the fuck was he doing at newcastle for all those years? why wasn't he at a better club? why has he always been part of a shit defensive unit?
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby justlurkin » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:00 pm

Lads,
I haven't posted in a while and have just been biting my tongue regarding Mancini but I can't take it any longer.
He must be the worst for negative tactics when we are either winning or losing a game. Why does he persist with a clearly finished Patrick Vieira. Three def mids again. I know we're clearly missing Tevez and Bellamy but that team with Johnson and Sweep on the wings should have won that game easily against ten men so it has to be the tactics he's employing. We needed a creative midfielder big time and I know people have their own opinion about Ireland but he would have won that game for us. Clearly Mancini thinks Vieira is a creative midfielder if he's play 3 def mids. I'm following city since 76 and he has for the first time made me think about packing it in. I know I probably won't but that's how I feel. How do others think?
justlurkin
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:00 pm

Green in blue wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:
bluemoon wrote:
Green in blue wrote:

I think mr green in blue might be a tad Irish ;-)

name me a more consistent player who puts in performance after performance? oh thats right dunnie

so with this consistency, do you fancy your chances in the World Cup?
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Abu Dhabi » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:01 pm

Who won?
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby Green in blue » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:01 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Can someone sum the game up quickly for me? Missed all of it.

we were shite, Vieira is slower than my granda, given dropper a howler when he let a long range effort slide under him, got lucky from quick thinking of barry then got out of jail when given missed a cross which was headed in only to be disallowed for foul on keeper. stinker of match. Vieira being the worst offender. sad thing is he played 90 mins
Green in blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:02 pm

Green in blue wrote:
LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Can someone sum the game up quickly for me? Missed all of it.

we were shite, Vieira is slower than my granda, given dropper a howler when he let a long range effort slide under him, got lucky from quick thinking of barry then got out of jail when given missed a cross which was headed in only to be disallowed for foul on keeper. stinker of match. Vieira being the worst offender. sad thing is he played 90 mins

SSN said they should've had a goal stand at the death?
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:02 pm

aaron bond wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:As soon as they went to 10 he should have taken Vieira off for Stevie. Without superman our midfield simply cannot pick a dangerous pass. Manchini out. dont give a fuck.

what a twatty comment. you suggesting stevie can no longer play for us cos he's having a poor season. He's still our best offensive passer of the ball by a long way.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:05 pm

Our football is shit but with the quality players we have if we battle like that, I would imagine we'll finish top 4 because they MUST start playing at some point. No one could possibly do anything to make players of that ability play that badly for ever, it has to be a blip. On the good side, I was really impressed with our battling even before the red card. So far though, apart from that, I have to say, I can't see anything that Mancini has brought to City other than sheer weight of defensive numbers & I hardly understand hardly any of his substitutions.

I wouldn't be presumtuous enough to say he's clueless like various all knowing twats are prone to do with managers who could tear them a new arse on football knowledge but I can't figure out what he's seeing in the game that promts him to do what he's doing. Perhaps he's seeing things on a higher level or maybe it's just that he doesn't know the players. Love to understand it but I don't.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Green in blue » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:06 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:
Green in blue wrote:

SSN said they should've had a goal stand at the death?

yeh it was disallowed at the end when the forward beat given to the ball, perfectly gd goal
Green in blue

Postby aaron bond » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:06 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
aaron bond wrote:

what a twatty comment. you suggesting stevie can no longer play for us cos he's having a poor season. He's still our best offensive passer of the ball by a long way.

Not saying he can no longer play for us. But at the moment I wouldn't rely on him to change a game for us. He's been our worst player this season and I don't think if we brought him on it would have made much difference.

Personally, I would have taken Vieira off and left Barry in midfield, with Garrido staying on.

I want Stevie back in the team unquestionably, but his form is abysmal at the moment and I wouldn't have brought him on tonight.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Sister of fu » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:08 pm

bluemoon wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:
Green in blue wrote:
Gareth Barry was the best centre mid in the county in September according to some on here, read about him now he should be playing for Port Vale or someone like that. I can gurantee you that young Johnson will be the next one to get the Mancityfans.net treatment from some posters on here.....Ryan Giggs this week...........Rowdry Giggs next week........!!
Can you tell me the last time Gareth Barry had a very good game for us?

I could not tell you the last time any of them had a VERY good game. Barry has been steady but as is carrying an injury, he is not as bad as some make out. You would think that he is one of the worst players ever to play for City. Im getting at the fickleness of fans on here. I know its all about opinions but i hate the way some on here constantley slag our own off. Constantley!!

At present City are struggling as a collective and the blame firmly lie's at Mancini's door. Not impressed one bit by what i see.
Sister of fu

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Green in blue » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:09 pm

[quote=]so with this consistency, do you fancy your chances in the World Cup?[/quote]
what shite are u on about?
Green in blue

Postby justlurkin » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:09 pm

Ted,
Totally agree with everything you said. I would like somebody to explain to me what his tactics are. I've played and followed football for 30 odd years and I'd like to think I have a fairly good knowledge of it but Mancini has me baffled.
justlurkin
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:13 pm

aaron bond wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
aaron bond wrote:

Not saying he can no longer play for us. But at the moment I wouldn't rely on him to change a game for us. He's been our worst player this season and I don't think if we brought him on it would have made much difference.

Personally, I would have taken Vieira off and left Barry in midfield, with Garrido staying on.

I want Stevie back in the team unquestionably, but his form is abysmal at the moment and I wouldn't have brought him on tonight.

You rather not replace Vieira at all? surely Stevie isnt that bad!
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:14 pm

Green in blue wrote:[quote=]so with this consistency, do you fancy your chances in the World Cup?

what shite are u on about?[/quote]

You were singing the praises of Given and Dunne, so I was just wondering how you think they are going to handle Messi, Kaka et al in summer?

Or have they consistently underperformed at international level too?
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:15 pm

justlurkin wrote:Ted,
Totally agree with everything you said. I would like somebody to explain to me what his tactics are. I've played and followed football for 30 odd years and I'd like to think I have a fairly good knowledge of it but Mancini has me baffled.

Join the club
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby globalbollox » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:17 pm

Mike J wrote:i actually cant stand petrov

My feelings exactly

A shitehouse of the highest calibre.Tries to run fast beats nobody,comes up against another player,stops , then plays a shite pass. A fkn con man and every shot I've seen has been hit and hope.

My biggest wish would be that I never have to see him play for us again.
globalbollox
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum