Top Four!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Top Four!

Postby Beeks » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:35 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:
Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:As fans we are turning into a bunch of humourless cunts

FACT

'Tis true. Though I'd only apply it to fans on the internet.

'tis ironic though, that the statement is coming from one of the very few people on here I've seen offering to fight other posters.

Not getting involved in personal disputes chief.

Unless you wanna take it outside? ; )

Since when has a sense of humour got in the way of a good punch up? ;-)
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:39 pm

Yay top 4... but for some reason I think of this as 2 points dropped and a game in hand wasted.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:41 pm

ant london wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Forget it. i don't want to start a row.

Honestly mate, you have sunk lower in my eyes than I have ever thought you could (and fuck me you had sunk a long way previously) with this happy clappy fucking abortion of a celebration of cunty hypocrisy of a thread

I don't want to start a row

Either you are the master of deadpan.....or just simply [fill in blank]

Eh? I said that because I didn't feel like arguing with him and because I am trying to avoid petty arguments over what has gone in the past. We can't just go on about Hughes era for rest of our lives.

And where is the hypocrisy on stating the FACT that we are in top four?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:42 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:As fans we are turning into a bunch of humourless cunts

FACT

'Tis true. Though I'd only apply it to fans on the internet.

'tis ironic though, that the statement is coming from one of the very few people on here I've seen offering to fight other posters.

Not getting involved in personal disputes chief.

Since when has a sense of humour got in the way of a good punch up? ;-)

My own sense of humour goes some way to explaining my face... the bits of it that aren't so fucking gorgeous anyway.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:46 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Ok, you people have beat some sense to me. I'm depressed again. Not good enough.

Apologies for my moment of delight during these dark dark times.

did something bad happen?

CANT WAIT FOR THE SCOUCERS... WE ARE GONNA BITE THEM!

rekon the next few days is gonna be tin hat time...

off to the pub to talk to some rational people who havent yet seen how badly we played

CMON CITY!!!
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby gillie » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:47 pm

I am happy that we are 4th but i cannot believe there are posters on here that think we will stay there with the woo de woop posts that we are there.We were and have been shite for six games now and it wont get better until Mancini gets rid of his shackles and says fuck it i have the best squad in the prem why dont i attack we certainly have the players for it.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:55 pm

I just hope we will have Tevez and Bellamy back for the Liverpool game.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Manx Blue » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:03 pm

gillie wrote:I am happy that we are 4th but i cannot believe there are posters on here that think we will stay there with the woo de woop posts that we are there.We were and have been shite for six games now and it wont get better until Mancini gets rid of his shackles and says fuck it i have the best squad in the prem why dont i attack we certainly have the players for it.

we all saw the level of commitment in th first leg gillie. If we get bellers & tevez back for Sunday, and providing see the same level of performace, and if we can win, it may give us the spark we all want to see for the run in?

Things aren't looking good, but all teams have peaks and troughs during the season. One thing is for certain, if we don't get at least another 26 points, Mancini won't be here at the end of May
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby gillie » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:24 pm

Manx Blue wrote:
gillie wrote:I am happy that we are 4th but i cannot believe there are posters on here that think we will stay there with the woo de woop posts that we are there.We were and have been shite for six games now and it wont get better until Mancini gets rid of his shackles and says fuck it i have the best squad in the prem why dont i attack we certainly have the players for it.

we all saw the level of commitment in th first leg gillie. If we get bellers & tevez back for Sunday, and providing see the same level of performace, and if we can win, it may give us the spark we all want to see for the run in?

Things aren't looking good, but all teams have peaks and troughs during the season. One thing is for certain, if we don't get at least another 26 points, Mancini won't be here at the end of May

Shaun i will support City till my dieing breath mate but the football is dire at the moment and it does not augur well imo.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Somerset Blue » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:24 pm

Nice to be fourth, but almost embarrassed to be there after that performance. Anyway, our destiny is in our own hands so we need to raise our game for these next few big fixtures and consolidate our place. Lucky for us neither Spuds nor Villa are playing great at the moment, a win against Liverpool will go a very long way.
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Manx Blue » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:26 pm

gillie wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:

Shaun i will support City till my dieing breath mate but the football is dire at the moment and it does not augur well imo.

I respect that, but we all know how this game can turn on it's head with a good or bad performance

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:28 pm

Somerset Blue wrote:Nice to be fourth, but almost embarrassed to be there after that performance. Anyway, our destiny is in our own hands so we need to raise our game for these next few big fixtures and consolidate our place. Lucky for us neither Spuds nor Villa are playing great at the moment, a win against Liverpool will go a very long way.

I am very confident that will not happen. I think a draw at best against them. I really hope I am wrong.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Somerset Blue » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:32 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Somerset Blue wrote:...a win against Liverpool will go a very long way.

I am very confident that will not happen. I think a draw at best against them. I really hope I am wrong.

I hope that you're wrong too. The thing is, I think we are more than capable of turning things around within the space of just one game. The question is, will we? What needs to change? It's not just about missing Tevez and Bellers, we were playing crap with them in the side.
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby gillie » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:34 pm

Manx Blue wrote:
gillie wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:

I respect that, but we all know how this game can turn on it's head with a good or bad performance

OK 64thousand dollar do you think the guy in charge is the right man?.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Kladze » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:40 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:We have broken in!

Viva Mancini :rolleyes:
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Manx Blue » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:43 pm

gillie wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:
gillie wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:

OK 64thousand dollar do you think the guy in charge is the right man?.

that is a tough one... But yes IMHO he is. We are sailing through choppy waters at present i agree, but if we can get that 4th spot, it makes the chances of improving certain areas of the squad much easier.

Manx Blue

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:47 pm

We've been fourth a few times this season, but previous times we played attacking and most often entertaining football to get there and not this pile of shite "Blackburn style" football.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby blue 68 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:49 pm

We'll know on Sunday, actually looking forward to this game as the last few at home have been dross, from a value for money perspective.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
blue 68
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zuricity » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:00 am

Top four. ...... Nice feeling isn't it. Let's enjoy it while it lasts.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Bingo Lewis » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:08 am

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Not getting involved in personal disputes chief.

that semicolon just saved your life.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA
Classic
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum