Top Four!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Top Four!

Postby Bingo Lewis » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:43 am

I'm getting sick to death of Mancini's gameplan.
He better sort it out.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:46 am

Bingo Lewis wrote:I'm getting sick to death of Mancini's gameplan.
He better sort it out.

Time for some rough crew justice me thinks.

You coming to Scouse game like la?
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Bingo Lewis » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:50 am

lets all have a disco wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:I'm getting sick to death of Mancini's gameplan.
He better sort it out.

Time for some rough crew justice me thinks.

You coming to Scouse game like la?

Not got a ticket, gonna PM Spiv now actually.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:35 pm

Prior to Mancini, I felt confident we could win EVERY game, I was not happy if we went behind, but I was confident we would turn it around. I had that feeling that someone was going to be on the end of a cricket score very soon as the attacking football was very good.

With mancini, I am nowhere near confident that we are going to win, I worry about the team selection as he baffles me. When I think he has selected a positive team, he plays people in wrong positions and it sits very uncomfortable.

I am very confident however, that we will not beat liverpool on sunday, I am hoping we do but the best I can envisage is a draw imo.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby avoidconfusion » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:39 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:
ant london wrote:
john68 wrote:We were forced to resort to stopping them by giving away a continuous stream of fowls

it was like losing a game of chicken

Ha ha.
Mancini?

Fuck me that is one angry chicken!
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:19 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Prior to Mancini, I felt confident we could win EVERY game, I was not happy if we went behind, but I was confident we would turn it around. I had that feeling that someone was going to be on the end of a cricket score very soon as the attacking football was very good.

With mancini, I am nowhere near confident that we are going to win, I worry about the team selection as he baffles me. When I think he has selected a positive team, he plays people in wrong positions and it sits very uncomfortable.

I am very confident however, that we will not beat liverpool on sunday, I am hoping we do but the best I can envisage is a draw imo.

This encapsulates my view.
I'd only add that my frustration at the current state of affairs does not match my apprehension as to what he'll do to the squad in the summer. A man with a 'football manager ego' doesn't come in, produce this little/these poor performances, and blame himself. I worry that he'll tear down what has been built/tear up a squad I quite like, rather than producing the little tweaks that - i felt - were all that was needed to propel us forward.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:47 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Prior to Mancini, I felt confident we could win EVERY game, I was not happy if we went behind, but I was confident we would turn it around. I had that feeling that someone was going to be on the end of a cricket score very soon as the attacking football was very good.

This encapsulates my view.
I'd only add that my frustration at the current state of affairs does not match my apprehension as to what he'll do to the squad in the summer. A man with a 'football manager ego' doesn't come in, produce this little/these poor performances, and blame himself. I worry that he'll tear down what has been built/tear up a squad I quite like, rather than producing the little tweaks that - i felt - were all that was needed to propel us forward.

i would normally probably say that seems like a valid fear. However i have a sense the owners agenda doesn't read like that, and they wont listen to a manager saying that the players are not up to it, lets get some more. They might indulge a little bit given a good arguement on the back of some results, but i think they are aware that they have a lot of experienced premiership players and dont need wholesale changes. i also dont read Mancini like that either yet
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:01 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:Ha ha.
Mancini?

Nope this is Mancini. :-)
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:20 am

ant london wrote:What I WANT is for us to look like a side that merits a place in the top 4

So hang on, we are in the top four when we have played a game less than everybody else, but we don't deserve it?

Have I got that right?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby ant london » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:25 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
ant london wrote:What I WANT is for us to look like a side that merits a place in the top 4

So hang on, we are in the top four when we have played a game less than everybody else, but we don't deserve it?

Have I got that right?

No you don't have that right

Where do I say that we don't deserve it....I said that we don't look like a side that deserves to be there. We look bloody awful and have scraped the points lately to get up there. We should be there by a couple of clear points but we have scrambled (or more accurately been gifted by a referee) the single solitary poxy point that elevates us above fifth place.

We look like a side that, upon meeting some half decent opposition will be deposited on our sorry arses back OUT of the Top 4.

In short we do not look like a side that merits a place in the top 4.

Is that clear enough?
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:22 am

ant london wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Have I got that right?

No you don't have that right

Where do I say that we don't deserve it....I said that we don't look like a side that deserves to be there. We look bloody awful and have scraped the points lately to get up there. We should be there by a couple of clear points but we have scrambled (or more accurately been gifted by a referee) the single solitary poxy point that elevates us above fifth place.

We look like a side that, upon meeting some half decent opposition will be deposited on our sorry arses back OUT of the Top 4.

In short we do not look like a side that merits a place in the top 4.

Is that clear enough?

Well we're about to find that out.

Imo the during victories Mancini has had, (apart from rags) we've only looked quality for 20 mins v Wolves, the rest of the time we've been utter, criminal, weak, half hearted, shite & either the oppo hasn't tested us because they've been inept or when they have tested us we've fallen apart badly. Stoke really did go for our throats though & for the 1st time under Mancini, the players looked up for it. If they can take that attitude into future games, well I just can't see how we can attack so badly all season. Even if Mancini was Phil Neal in disguise, he surely can't permanently destroy all that attacking flair? Some of it must come back & when it does, the combination will be hard to stop. I hope that's Sunday.

If he has permanently fucked up the attack though, bearing in mind the players he has, it will rank as the worst managerial incompetence we've ever seen & I'm going to suggest starting a lynch mob & we'll hang the twat off a lampost by his scarf.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby eastlandsblue » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:35 am

This is the time SKY start using the term top 4, not the ''big 4'' and not until the scousers break back in
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby LCBblue » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:20 pm

I'm very glad with our current position in the top 4. But we have to pick up the pedigree of our performances. We aren't playing very well, Liverpool on Sunday is a MUST WIN.
[i]LCBblue[/i]
LCBblue
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Our Carlos

Postby Erwin Rommel » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:24 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

If he has permanently fucked up the attack though, bearing in mind the players he has, it will rank as the worst managerial incompetence we've ever seen & I'm going to suggest starting a lynch mob & we'll hang the twat off a lampost by his scarf.

If that is the case we have to rank the sacking of Hughes as the worst Executive incompetence we have ever seen then, maybe the lynch mob should go higher up.
Erwin Rommel
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Supporter of: mcfc
My favourite player is: tevez

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:32 pm

Erwin Rommel wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

If that is the case we have to rank the sacking of Hughes as the worst Executive incompetence we have ever seen then, maybe the lynch mob should go higher up.

Even worse than sacking Pearce? I remember you being gutted about that as well. And I also remember how you said you'd rather have Beanie in charge than Hughes when he was still Blackburn. That made me giggle.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:20 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Erwin Rommel wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Even worse than sacking Pearce? I remember you being gutted about that as well. And I also remember how you said you'd rather have Beanie in charge than Hughes when he was still Blackburn. That made me giggle.

Changing manager mid season was a bold move bordering on foolhardy.And hells own sh*t will hit the fan between fans and the club if the season fucles up.
I would tend to agree with Ted though ( the bit he wrote before that quote ) that Mancini wont fucl up our attacking capability and it is just that we are struggling to merge the new approach to what the players were doing under the prev manager.

The pressure within the team due to not performing seems to be rising with us starting to get frustrated with ourselves. This is needed in my view, so that we can wake up and start to try and take a game by the scruff of the neck. I wouldn't be surprised to hear some noises from mancicni this week to that effect
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:29 pm

CAN SOMEONE TELL MANCINI THAT WE ARE PLAYING SHIT BORING WANK FOOTBALL AND IT IS NOT THE CITY WAY AND COULD WE PLEASE REVERT BACK TO PLAYING ATTACKING ATTRACTIVE FOOTBALL.
THANKS,
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Wooders » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:57 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:CAN SOMEONE TELL MANCINI THAT WE ARE PLAYING SHIT BORING WANK FOOTBALL AND IT IS NOT THE CITY WAY AND COULD WE PLEASE REVERT BACK TO PLAYING ATTACKING ATTRACTIVE FOOTBALL.
THANKS,

I PM'd Chip Mancini
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Mike J » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:02 pm

eastlandsblue wrote:This is the time SKY start using the term top 4, not the ''big 4'' and not until the scousers break back in

if we do finish 4th and liverpool finish 5th, guarenteed they will start saying big 5....... erm why cant it still be the big 4!?
Mike J

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:11 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:CAN SOMEONE TELL MANCINI THAT WE ARE PLAYING SHIT BORING WANK FOOTBALL AND IT IS NOT THE CITY WAY AND COULD WE PLEASE REVERT BACK TO PLAYING ATTACKING ATTRACTIVE FOOTBALL.
THANKS,

i really dont expect to see a major difference in performance ( unfortunately ) But i do think the penny has dropped with Mancini that having concentrated so much on defensive ability, we have lost the ability to go for it. I think that Stoke with 10 men really brought that home to him ( he was berating the players during the game and was having a go at them in the post match interview for not attacking aggresively enough ) I am putting my money on the idea that he realises now he must do something about it. Hopefully they will have some frank and open discussions this week and that it results in a change in mentality and a tweak in formation to help us play higher up the pitch.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum