Top Four!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Top Four!

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:41 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:CAN SOMEONE TELL MANCINI THAT WE ARE PLAYING SHIT BORING WANK FOOTBALL AND IT IS NOT THE CITY WAY AND COULD WE PLEASE REVERT BACK TO PLAYING ATTACKING ATTRACTIVE FOOTBALL.
THANKS,

i really dont expect to see a major difference in performance ( unfortunately ) But i do think the penny has dropped with Mancini that having concentrated so much on defensive ability, we have lost the ability to go for it. I think that Stoke with 10 men really brought that home to him ( he was berating the players during the game and was having a go at them in the post match interview for not attacking aggresively enough ) I am putting my money on the idea that he realises now he must do something about it. Hopefully they will have some frank and open discussions this week and that it results in a change in mentality and a tweak in formation to help us play higher up the pitch.

HERES HOPING..THE BINDIPPING MATCH WILL SHOW US IF MANCINI HAS IT IN HIM TO TAKE US TO THE NEXT LEVEL IMO..MORE SO THAN THE SCUM MATCHES AS HE,S HAD A FAIR FEW MATCHES TO KNOW WHO CAN DO WHAT,WHEN AND HOW.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:51 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:CAN SOMEONE TELL MANCINI THAT WE ARE PLAYING SHIT BORING WANK FOOTBALL AND IT IS NOT THE CITY WAY AND COULD WE PLEASE REVERT BACK TO PLAYING ATTACKING ATTRACTIVE FOOTBALL.
THANKS,

i really dont expect to see a major difference in performance ( unfortunately ) But i do think the penny has dropped with Mancini that having concentrated so much on defensive ability, we have lost the ability to go for it. I think that Stoke with 10 men really brought that home to him ( he was berating the players during the game and was having a go at them in the post match interview for not attacking aggresively enough ) I am putting my money on the idea that he realises now he must do something about it. Hopefully they will have some frank and open discussions this week and that it results in a change in mentality and a tweak in formation to help us play higher up the pitch.

HERES HOPING..THE BINDIPPING MATCH WILL SHOW US IF MANCINI HAS IT IN HIM TO TAKE US TO THE NEXT LEVEL IMO..MORE SO THAN THE SCUM MATCHES AS HE,S HAD A FAIR FEW MATCHES TO KNOW WHO CAN DO WHAT,WHEN AND HOW.

Exactly.. he has had a good mix of big and difficult games to get to grips with the PL now, it is now or never time.

im still not expecting too much though tbh, but a serious attempt to bridge the midfield with the attack is required and with his favoured PV probably out, time has arrived for him to show us what else he has got.

i dont know if you caught it but like i said he has started to have a go at the players after stoke, and i really think that is what is needed. Here hoping they have an intense week down at carrington and we get some response from the team on Sunday.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby CityFanFromRome » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:54 pm

brite blu sky wrote:i really dont expect to see a major difference in performance ( unfortunately ) But i do think the penny has dropped with Mancini that having concentrated so much on defensive ability, we have lost the ability to go for it. I think that Stoke with 10 men really brought that home to him ( he was berating the players during the game and was having a go at them in the post match interview for not attacking aggresively enough ) I am putting my money on the idea that he realises now he must do something about it. Hopefully they will have some frank and open discussions this week and that it results in a change in mentality and a tweak in formation to help us play higher up the pitch.

I wanted to comment on this because I noticed it from the highlights video I watched, it's the first time since he's come to City that I've seen him actually angry with the players during the game.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:02 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:i really dont expect to see a major difference in performance ( unfortunately ) But i do think the penny has dropped with Mancini that having concentrated so much on defensive ability, we have lost the ability to go for it. I think that Stoke with 10 men really brought that home to him ( he was berating the players during the game and was having a go at them in the post match interview for not attacking aggresively enough ) I am putting my money on the idea that he realises now he must do something about it. Hopefully they will have some frank and open discussions this week and that it results in a change in mentality and a tweak in formation to help us play higher up the pitch.

I wanted to comment on this because I noticed it from the highlights video I watched, it's the first time since he's come to City that I've seen him actually angry with the players during the game.

and that represents a change in attitude if you ask me.. and not before time.

i dont know if the footage caught it, but Hinch on Key 103 was going on about Mancini having a real go at SWP for not going wide.
Then he was quite clear in the post game interview that he was really disappointed there was no aggression in attacking.

This all suggests to me ( cos it is the first time we have seen or heard it publically ) that the penny has dropped with Bobby and he realises there is a need for a shift now. As i say not before fuclin time
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby john@staustell » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:04 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:

i dont know if the footage caught it, but Hinch on Key 103 was going on about Mancini having a real go at SWP for not going wide.
Then he was quite clear in the post game interview that he was really disappointed there was no aggression in attacking.

This all suggests to me ( cos it is the first time we have seen or heard it publically ) that the penny has dropped with Bobby and he realises there is a need for a shift now. As i say not before fuclin time

As Alice Cooper sang - "No more Mr Nice Guy"
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:09 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:

WELL THE FIRST THING HE SHOULD DO IS FINE VIEIRA A WEEKS WAGES FOR THAT KICK IN THE NUTS HE DID, THERE WAS NO NEED AND HE WOULDNT HAVE DONE THAT IN THE ITALIAN LEAGUE BUT FOR SOME REASON OR OTHER HE THINKS HE CAN GET AWAY WITH IT HERE IN THE PREM.

I LIKE THE FACT HE,S STARTING TO LOSE HIS TEMPER AS SOME OF THESE PLAYERS SHIRK RESPONSIBILITY.
HE SHOULD TELL THE MIDFIELD TO WIN EVERY FUCKING BALL IN THE THAT CENTRE CIRCLE AND MOVE FORWARD WITH IT AND NOT BACKWARDS...NDJ IS THE BIGGEST CULPRIT AND I WOULD FINE HIM A WEEKS WAGES IF HE CONTINUES TO PLAY TOO SAFE AND PASS IT BACKWARDS, IT,S ALL FINE AND WELL GETTING STUCK INTO TACKLE BUT HE HAS TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY TO ACTUALLY MOVE THE BALL FORWARD AND GET US ON THE ATTACK.

I HOPE GIVEN HAS BEEN PRACTICING ; CORNERS,COMING OFF HIS LINE AND IMPROVING HIS KICKING.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:20 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:

WELL THE FIRST THING HE SHOULD DO IS FINE VIEIRA A WEEKS WAGES FOR THAT KICK IN THE NUTS HE DID, THERE WAS NO NEED AND HE WOULDNT HAVE DONE THAT IN THE ITALIAN LEAGUE BUT FOR SOME REASON OR OTHER HE THINKS HE CAN GET AWAY WITH IT HERE IN THE PREM.

I think not many people are thinking outside the box here. I think Vieira has a bit of a brief here to bring physicality and a little intimidation to our side (which we dont have much of). Sure, he now has a three game rest, but maybe he'll be back again when DeJ or Barry are injured or in need of a rest. When someone mixes it like that early on it certainly makes you think.

Once in a local cup final a guy kept punching me in the guts early on and mouthing off (mid midfield). I'd so had enough that after about quarter of an hour I nutted him when the ref was looking at a goal kick being taken - blood everywhere. I won that battle, he stopped, but it was me that was put off my natural game somehow.

Or maybe we could let him go and bring back Gelson?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:35 pm

john@staustell wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:

I think not many people are thinking outside the box here. I think Vieira has a bit of a brief here to bring physicality and a little intimidation to our side (which we dont have much of). Sure, he now has a three game rest, but maybe he'll be back again when DeJ or Barry are injured or in need of a rest. When someone mixes it like that early on it certainly makes you think.

Once in a local cup final a guy kept punching me in the guts early on and mouthing off (mid midfield). I'd so had enough that after about quarter of an hour I nutted him when the ref was looking at a goal kick being taken - blood everywhere. I won that battle, he stopped, but it was me that was put off my natural game somehow.

Or maybe we could let him go and bring back Gelson?

THIS ISNT SUNDAY FOOTBALL MATE, IT,S PREMIERSHIP WITH A ZILLION CAMERA ANGLES.
ANY PLAYER (NO MATTER WHAT I PERSONNALY THINK OF HIM) WHO GETS A 3 GAME BAN FOR DOINGTHAT IS NOT HELPING THE CLUB TO OBTAIN IT,S TARGETS.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:38 pm

Are we still in the Top 4? i haven't check yet today.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby john@staustell » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:39 pm

Maybe, but if we get something by one point at the end, they'll say thank fuck for that point at Stoke. (I'll have you know it was Saturday :) )
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:39 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Are we still in the Top 4? i haven't check yet today.

cheers

NO...WE WERE DOCKED A POINT FOR PLAYING SHIT FOOTBALL....APARENTLY THE CLUB ARE NOT GOING TO CONTEST IT.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:51 pm

ant london wrote:No you don't have that right

Where do I say that we don't deserve it....I said that we don't look like a side that deserves to be there. We look bloody awful and have scraped the points lately to get up there. We should be there by a couple of clear points but we have scrambled (or more accurately been gifted by a referee) the single solitary poxy point that elevates us above fifth place.

And the other forty-odd that haven't been "gifted" us? Have they played no part in this whatsoever?

ant london wrote:We look like a side that, upon meeting some half decent opposition will be deposited on our sorry arses back OUT of the Top 4.

In short we do not look like a side that merits a place in the top 4.

Is that clear enough?

No, not really. Even if we do lose, we can then win the game in hand and we will then be back IN the top four.

But this could go round in circles for quite some time.

A "single poxy point", as you call it, will be enough come May. And if, as I think we will, we get that fourth place (or third, etc) by a "single poxy point", it will not matter to me in the slightest how it has been gained. And what is more over 38 games we will have deserved it.

Right now the past is irrelevant. Previous games have only a little bearing on the next one and the next game is now the one that matters. Though we have playing relatively poorly at times, this is City and we could score five on Sunday.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby cityPinoy_fc » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:04 pm

ant london wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
ant london wrote:What I WANT is for us to look like a side that merits a place in the top 4

So hang on, we are in the top four when we have played a game less than everybody else, but we don't deserve it?

Have I got that right?

No you don't have that right

Where do I say that we don't deserve it....I said that we don't look like a side that deserves to be there. We look bloody awful and have scraped the points lately to get up there. We should be there by a couple of clear points but we have scrambled (or more accurately been gifted by a referee) the single solitary poxy point that elevates us above fifth place.

We look like a side that, upon meeting some half decent opposition will be deposited on our sorry arses back OUT of the Top 4.

Is that clear enough?

agreed we don't look like a side that is worth of top 4 but at the same time dippers, spuds, and villa aren't showing enough worth of a top 4 spot. thats why that 4th spot is still up for grabs. it up to us now to lose it.
[center]What would happen if pacman meets ferguson?
WHO THE F*** ARE MAN UNITED!!!!![/center]
cityPinoy_fc
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:07 pm

cityPinoy_fc wrote:
ant london wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
ant london wrote:What I WANT is for us to look like a side that merits a place in the top 4

So hang on, we are in the top four when we have played a game less than everybody else, but we don't deserve it?

Have I got that right?

We look like a side that, upon meeting some half decent opposition will be deposited on our sorry arses back OUT of the Top 4.

Is that clear enough?

agreed we don't look like a side that is worth of top 4 but at the same time dippers, spuds, and villa aren't showing enough worth of a top 4 spot. thats why that 4th spot is still up for grabs. it up to us now to lose it.

Exactly!
None of the sides mentioned have been any better than us. They go to places like Stoke and get draws etc. If we weren't dropping points like that, we'd be challenging for the title. but that was never really aim THIS SEASON.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Wooders » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:09 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
cityPinoy_fc wrote:
ant london wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Have I got that right?

Is that clear enough?

Exactly!
None of the sides mentioned have been any better than us. They go to places like Stoke and get draws etc. If we weren't dropping points like that, we'd be challenging for the title. but that was never really aim THIS SEASON.

Does that not frustrate you even more that we are playing like shite and scraping it? Its being offered to us on a plate and we're still making it hard for ourselves - we should be established top4 by now, but we've also dropped a bollock along with the rest
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:15 pm

Wooders wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
cityPinoy_fc wrote:agreed we don't look like a side that is worth of top 4 but at the same time dippers, spuds, and villa aren't showing enough worth of a top 4 spot. thats why that 4th spot is still up for grabs. it up to us now to lose it.

Exactly!

Does that not frustrate you even more that we are playing like shite and scraping it? Its being offered to us on a plate and we're still making it hard for ourselves - we should be established top4 by now, but we've also dropped a bollock along with the rest

Yes and no. On the other hand, the run where we were drawing with everyone earlier in the season and now losing to Hull for example has been pretty fookin shite. Then again, I try and stay realistic and think that whoever makes top 4 this season will have dropped points against "lesser" opposition.

But yeah, it does bit piss me off as we could be good ten points clear now.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby cityPinoy_fc » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:18 pm

Wooders wrote:
Exactly!

Does that not frustrate you even more that we are playing like shite and scraping it? Its being offered to us on a plate and we're still making it hard for ourselves - we should be established top4 by now, but we've also dropped a bollock along with the rest[/quote]
definitely its very frustrating indeed but at the same time i understand the circumstances. we changed manager at the middle of the season. the new manager inherited the former managers squad and didn't add that much his own players. he also needs to deliver results and stamp his style which is taking a bit of time. so we need to be patient on this one.
[center]What would happen if pacman meets ferguson?
WHO THE F*** ARE MAN UNITED!!!!![/center]
cityPinoy_fc
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:41 pm

And all of the sudden after win yesterday and draw against Scousepool, we are sitting quite nicely there.

Ok, Tottingham have chance to surpass us in couple of hours but I have to say that I feel quite positive after yesterday that we can mount really good challenege AS LONG AS Tevez is available for selection AND we stick with Kompany Lescott, who despite the first goal seem to be forming some sort of understandind.

Funny about Lescott by the way, he looked REALLY dodgy earlier in the season but for past few months (excluding the injury) he has looked very solid to me and I like his movement on the back.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby simon12 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:08 pm

The home game against spuds is so important now. So is the break for 2 weeks gonna be good for the rest or bad for the loss of momentum?
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby french_tony » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:31 pm

Looking at the fixtures we probably need to win seven or six and a few draws to guarantee fourth. Tricky as we do have some tough games but certainly doable. That said, can all of Scouse 1, Villa or Spurs do the same? I doubt it.
I dont believe all this shit about Everton being a theat, they will not get 30 points from 11 games.

Its in our hands now and ours to lose. It till certainly be an interesting end to the season, as long as Carlitto, Bellers, Vince and De Jong stay fit (IMO our 4 players of the season) we have a chance.

COME ON YOU BLUES!!!!
french_tony
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum