Vieira [merged]

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Vieira [merged]

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:52 am

One thing about De Jong why oh why does he always try and bring the ball under control with his chest at 1763471264923476 miles an hour.

It always bounces off him and then he has to go hell for leather to get it back and either conceed a foul or put us on the back foot same for Zabba.

Lads,chill yer boots and think about your control.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby btajim » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:04 am

We can't forget that Vieira set up Adebayor's Goal against Bolton with a pass that few other players in the squad could manage - but i'm starting to believe that "Bobbeh Manc" is merely doing his favorite player a favour by picking him to ensure his place in the French World Cup Squad. It's successive poor performances now.

Barry earned us a point last night, De Jong is undroppable given his importance in so many big Matches this season and I don't see the need for a third defensively minded Midfielder in almost any Match. Largely for the reason that I want to be entertained. I want to see City take it to sides and play them properly.

I cringed when PV came in - but I wanted to be proved wrong.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Guy Debord » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:11 am

Here's Vieira's chalkboard for the game. Reasonably economical.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/chal ... 1K62xmUrje
Guy Debord
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Columma Durruti

Postby xavi6 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:42 am

Wonder will anything be made of this -

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Zab

Postby razor400 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:48 am

xavi6 wrote:Wonder will anything be made of this -

Hopefully a 4 match ban.
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:54 am

The chalkboard shows, as it appeared to me, that his passing was pretty good & that the unsuccessful ones were mainly when he was tring to thread it through Stoke's back 10.

He will get caught in posession against teams like Stoke though as most do but it will probably happen against the better teams too if he's played in the thick of the midfield. He'll have no chance getting back against those teams, so unless people are permanently stationed to cover for him it's a big risk playing him in such a key area with spaces behind or having to cover out wide.

It was due to an unnaposed cross coming past him that Stoke Scored & ironically the goal was scored from the very area that I would have had him protecting in the 1st place, an area that has often been a weakness most of the season even though we've had 2 managers. In fact it's got worse.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby ayrshireblue » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:17 pm

Should have walked for the kick out at Whelan. Worse than Ade against Arsenal so similar penalty in my opinion.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby fangsanalsatan » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:22 pm

Guy Debord wrote:Here's Vieira's chalkboard for the game. Reasonably economical.

Fair enough, but that still doesn't cover these points:

avoidconfusion wrote:a) lose the ball because his first touch and control is shit
b) lose the ball because he took too much time and got tackled
c) lose the ball because he seems totally unable to pass a ball without absolutely hammering it to a City play who is 5 yards away or without the ball bobbling around on the pitch making it difficult for the other player to control it
d) commit foul
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby Original Dub » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:35 pm

By God I got SLATED when I questioned this signing...

This guy can't handle the pace and pressure of the premier league. He impressed Edge before he even played and I guess his name is enough for some people.

Hamaan was a better player when Sven played similar tactics.

Looks like he'll get a three match ban... I hope we appeal it...
Original Dub

Postby avoidconfusion » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:35 pm

razor400 wrote:
xavi6 wrote:Wonder will anything be made of this -

Hopefully a 4 match ban.

That's what I was thinking. A ban to Vieira would be a blessing in disguise because he is nothing but a passenger.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:43 pm

fangsanalsatan wrote:
Guy Debord wrote:Here's Vieira's chalkboard for the game. Reasonably economical.

Fair enough, but that still doesn't cover these points:

avoidconfusion wrote:a) lose the ball because his first touch and control is shit
b) lose the ball because he took too much time and got tackled
c) lose the ball because he seems totally unable to pass a ball without absolutely hammering it to a City play who is 5 yards away or without the ball bobbling around on the pitch making it difficult for the other player to control it
d) commit foul

Point C is completely unfair, the others have some merit but could also apply more to DeJong & Barry + SWP when he came on.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby avoidconfusion » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:45 pm

It's not "completely" unfair when Vieira is doing it more often. Especially in the first half his passing was absolutely shocking.

And like I said before the only reason he did no look like utter shite in the 2nd half was because Stoke were down to 10m did not press him much anymore.
avoidconfusion

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:56 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:It's not "completely" unfair when Vieira is doing it more often. Especially in the first half his passing was absolutely shocking.

And like I said before the only reason he did no look like utter shite in the 2nd half was because Stoke were down to 10m did not press him much anymore.

I don't agree that his passing was shocking in either half, I think he's getting the treatment that all City whipping boys get & each mistake is being multiplied by 10. Passing the ball under that pressure is not easy & he did it better than our usual bunch who normally crack up completely.

I do agree that he's likely to get caught in posession if he plays in that position as he's too old & Mancini is taking a big risk by playing him there.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby avoidconfusion » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:01 pm

Thing is though even when he had all the time in the world his passing was shite a lot of times. He seems to be completely unable to pass a ball without the ball lifting off the ground and bobbling all over the place.
avoidconfusion

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:50 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:Thing is though even when he had all the time in the world his passing was shite a lot of times. He seems to be completely unable to pass a ball without the ball lifting off the ground and bobbling all over the place.

1) What do you define as a lot of times & 2) Why is the ground Vieira's fault?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:25 pm

He's been charged with violent conduct now so that is a cast iron 3 game ban. At least we have the chance of seeing a more adventurous midfield in the next few games. Hopefully the ban will be fast tracked before the Liverpool game.

And Ted, Avoidconfusion is completely spot on with his assessment. Vieira kept passing the ball by chipping it or blasting it hard meaning our players had to use every inch of skill just to bring the ball under control.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Bingo Lewis » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:34 am

Original Dub wrote:By God I got SLATED when I questioned this signing...

This guy can't handle the pace and pressure of the premier league. He impressed Edge before he even played and I guess his name is enough for some people.

Hamaan was a better player when Sven played similar tactics.

Looks like he'll get a three match ban... I hope we appeal it...

Yes you did. But at the time I'm sure many of us expected him as cover, not our third defensive midfielder.
As cover, he is a good signing, full time, its a cock up by Mancini.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby btajim » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:15 pm

Original Dub wrote:By God I got SLATED when I questioned this signing...

I wouldn't have slated you. It disappointed me along the lines of when Bellamy originally came in - although I was happy to be proved wrong. I'll be happy to be proved wrong with PV, too. I'm just not optimistic of that happening.

The Squad already had defensively minded Midfielders in De Jong, Barry, Kompany and even Zabaleta. Despite Vieira's succesful career, I really didn't think it was the kind of Player we needed.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby avoidconfusion » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:47 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:Thing is though even when he had all the time in the world his passing was shite a lot of times. He seems to be completely unable to pass a ball without the ball lifting off the ground and bobbling all over the place.

1) What do you define as a lot of times & 2) Why is the ground Vieira's fault?

A lot of times = Every second pass perhaps?
The ground was not the problem, other players had NO problem zipping passes along the ground.
avoidconfusion

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:24 pm

Anyone heard that he's accepted the charge and will be getting an automatic 3 game ban?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum