Vieira [merged]

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Vieira

Postby svengali » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:13 pm

paulmclaren wrote:
Green in blue wrote:one word out

He will turn valuable to us don't worry on that.
He's played i think 20 games in 2 seasons in Italy.
All due to injury.
Everyone is going on as if he is shite.
He's defiantly not that.
Give him games ffs.
Near the end of the season he will be in that starting 11 every game.
Mark my words.

He's in it now whilst being dog shit, I have no doubt if he upgrades himself to rabbit droppings he will be more than likely first name on the team sheet.
svengali
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:15 pm

he was ok to begin with and after is yellow he became very guarded and played every pressurised pass backwards. The one night we needed someone with the key to unlock stoke and Mancini left him on the bench, mind you he took off richards who was playing well...... ooops
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:15 pm

Aye. He played alright in the second half when stoke were a man short.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby paulmclaren » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:23 pm

svengali wrote:
paulmclaren wrote:
Green in blue wrote:one word out

He will turn valuable to us don't worry on that.
He's played i think 20 games in 2 seasons in Italy.
All due to injury.
Everyone is going on as if he is shite.
He's defiantly not that.
Give him games ffs.
Near the end of the season he will be in that starting 11 every game.
Mark my words.

He's in it now whilst being dog shit, I have no doubt if he upgrades himself to rabbit droppings he will be more than likely first name on the team sheet.

I agree m8.
There all totally shit.
And when you see knobs like ade laughing at the start of the second half?
Or when people like Petrov look like there more interested in smelling there own farts on the touchline just as there about to come on.
You have problems.
The second these overpaid wanna bees realise all they have to do on a football pitch is show the fans by playing at 100% every game.
Were happy.
Even if they have knightmares but look as if they are trying to sort it out.
There is no problems.
The problem is.
There on so much money, they've made it and do not give 2 fucks about most things.
Not everything but most things.
They piss me and no doub't most other fans off to high heaven.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Re: Vieira [merged]

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:37 pm

Terrible signing. Glad he was for free and won't cost a lot in wages but still a waste imho. I cannot believe he was allowed to play the full 90 minutes... on what merit please, can someone explain this to me?
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby zuricity » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:08 am

avoidconfusion wrote:Terrible signing. Glad he was for free and won't cost a lot in wages but still a waste imho. I cannot believe he was allowed to play the full 90 minutes... on what merit please, can someone explain this to me?

I thought he had a much better game than De Jong.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:47 am

King Kev wrote:He was appalling tonight, absolutely shocking. I just looked up his stats to see how many time he gave the ball away...... only to find out that 35 of his 40 passes went to a team-mate!?? Who the fucl was counting them, Stevie Wonder??

That's exactly how it looked to me tbh.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Colin the King » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:02 am

What concerns me is that if we're going over his performances so far (Bolton, Stoke and Hull) with a fine toothcomb just to find anything positive, what happens if/when he's selected to 'dominate' a midfield area with Gerrard, Essien, Mascherano, Lampard or Ballack in it? In his current state he'll be terrorised by them.
Colin the King

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:11 am

Colin the King wrote:What concerns me is that if we're going over his performances so far (Bolton, Stoke and Hull) with a fine toothcomb just to find anything positive, what happens if/when he's selected to 'dominate' a midfield area with Gerrard, Essien, Mascherano, Lampard or Ballack in it? In his current state he'll be terrorised by them.

Well I don't understand how anyone who'se seen him play for the past 4 years would ask him to do that job. I figured he'd signed him to stand around within 20yds of the 'D' area stopping people like whelan from getting shots in like tonight or the 2 goals Hull scored etc, clean it up & give it to someone else to go forward with.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby avoidconfusion » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:42 am

zuricity wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:Terrible signing. Glad he was for free and won't cost a lot in wages but still a waste imho. I cannot believe he was allowed to play the full 90 minutes... on what merit please, can someone explain this to me?

You mean the same de Jong who's cross into the box lead to our goal? Must have watched a different game then.
avoidconfusion

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:00 am

giokingkladze wrote:He improved in the last 30 but for the first hour, he performed exactly how imagine I would if I was just chucked into the team. Abysmal

Yes he did although he was shocking in the 1st H. At least he was pushing the ball forward and trying to find gaps in the Stoke defence.
He's obviously not fully fit yet and his age doesn't help but if he plays like he did in the last 30 minutes, then he's OK for me. His distribution is much better than Nigel and Barry (see stats) and that's a positive.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Wooders » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:04 am

lucky to be on the pitch imo - he improved significantly in the 2nd half, it looks like ring rust to me - I thought de jong was worse tonight, gave the ball away a lot more than Vieira
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:06 am

avoidconfusion wrote:
zuricity wrote:

You mean the same de Jong who's cross into the box lead to our goal? Must have watched a different game then.

Wow one good cross and he's man of the match !! The cross would have come to nothing if Ade had not made a magnificent jump
and headed the ball to Barry.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Wooders » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:07 am

Dubaimancityfan wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:
zuricity wrote:

Wow one good cross and he's man of the match !! The cross would have come to nothing if Ade had not made a magnificent jump

yeah I agree, De Jong was worse than Paddy tonight
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Green & Blue » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:09 am

Shocking first half and i woud have been more than happy to see him taken off at half time.In the second half i think he played well.If he had played like that over the 90 minutes it would have been a good preformance but opinions are gathered over the full game and he wasnt even average at best over the 90 minutes.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby avoidconfusion » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:15 am

Dubaimancityfan wrote:

Was more than Vieira did. All Vieira did in the 1st half was:

a) lose the ball because his first touch and control is shit
b) lose the ball because he took too much time and got tackled
c) lose the ball because he seems totally unable to pass a ball without absolutely hammering it to a City play who is 5 yards away or without the ball bobbling around on the pitch making it difficult for the other player to control it
d) commit fould

The only reason he did not look like complete shit in the second half was because Stoke were down to 10 men and noone was really bothering him anymore. Throughout the rest of the game he was a passenger.

A lot of De Jong's work goes unnoticed and I am not saying he was man of the match but he certainly was not as shit as Vieira.
avoidconfusion

Postby Wooders » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:31 am

I think you'll find de jong gave the ball away more than Vieira, I'm not saying Vieira had a blinder, but de jong was poor tonight - I'm normally a massive fan of the guy too
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Bingo Lewis » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:39 am

I don't think this is Vieira's fault.
I think if asked how he wants to play, he would say sitting on the D. But it seemed like he was playing as our creative midfielder.
It made me laugh watching all our forward play in the last 20 mins going through him.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby avoidconfusion » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:48 am

Wooders wrote:I think you'll find de jong gave the ball away more than Vieira, I'm not saying Vieira had a blinder, but de jong was poor tonight - I'm normally a massive fan of the guy too

I would love to see all stats on that because according to mcfc.co.uk Vieira passed the ball a bit more than De Jong but had less successful passes than De Jong.
avoidconfusion

Postby Bingo Lewis » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:49 am

avoidconfusion wrote:
Wooders wrote:I think you'll find de jong gave the ball away more than Vieira, I'm not saying Vieira had a blinder, but de jong was poor tonight - I'm normally a massive fan of the guy too

I would love to see all stats on that because according to mcfc.co.uk Vieira passed the ball a bit more than De Jong but had less successful passes than De Jong.

bit hard for mr sideways or backwards to fuck a pass up tho innit?
Even though he still did a fair few.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum