Santa Cruz

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Santa Cruz

Postby King Kev » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:25 pm

I know I will get jumped on for saying this but I feel I have to.

He just isn't good enough is he? Adebayor was getting frustrated with the lack of support he was getting from him, he can trap a ball further than I could kick it, he runs with his head down and constantly makes the wrong decisions.

Once Tevez and Bellamy are back I don't expect to ever see him play for us again.

Let the abuse begin.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Santa Cruz

Postby HeyMark » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:27 pm

How can people seriously rate Adebayors performance as better than Roque's. Roque won almost everything in the air, was dropping deep to get the ball, playing it out to the wings, holding up the ball. Fair enough sometimes things didnt come off for him but he was a lot more involved that Ade was tonight. Some people are so determined to hate him that they cant even give him a chance.

Just posted this in the player ratings thread but it fits here aswell.
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:27 pm

I think if we're doing the "out" threads can we a have a Manchini one too please?
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby ant london » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:27 pm

King Kev wrote:I know I will get jumped on for saying this but I feel I have to.

He just isn't good enough is he? Adebayor was getting frustrated with the lack of support he was getting from him, he can trap a ball further than I could kick it, he runs with his head down and constantly makes the wrong decisions.

Once Tevez and Bellamy are back I don't expect to ever see him play for us again.

Let the abuse begin.

I wish we could use the same kind of form guide for some people posting on the forum

Unfortunately you have a green shirt and I feel it is inevitable that we will be treated to another run out from you sooner than we'd like
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby King Kev » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:28 pm

london blue 2 wrote:I think if we're doing the "out" threads can we a have a Manchini one too please?
Be my guest.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dazzacity » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:28 pm

King Kev wrote:I know I will get jumped on for saying this but I feel I have to.

Let the abuse begin.

He does more when he's on the treatment table..Load of shit and it just confirms as to why we were so baffled with Hughes constant persistence to sign the guy!!
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:30 pm

Playing 2 big men with Barry, De Jong and Vieira, cough, "feeding" him and new-to-the-squad Johnson being marginalised out on the right with no support. What's he meant to do? Countless times I saw him making good moves into space with Ade running off him, only to have Barry fuck it up or Vieira play a pass to a position neither man were at.

He's only as good as the service he gets. He isn't a Tevez who works for the ball, he isn't a Rooney who makes things happen, he's a different kettle all together, a classic striker who wants chances created for him. And he doesn't get it right now. What on Earth do you want from the man?
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:31 pm

It depends where you can judge a guy in 11 games. I personally think it would be daft to.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Dazzacity » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:33 pm

HeyMark wrote:How can people seriously rate Adebayors performance as better than Roque's. Roque won almost everything in the air, was dropping deep to get the ball, playing it out to the wings, holding up the ball. Fair enough sometimes things didnt come off for him but he was a lot more involved that Ade was tonight. Some people are so determined to hate him that they cant even give him a chance.

Just posted this in the player ratings thread but it fits here aswell.

Ade's a fookin lazy cunt.. It annoys we watchng how little he does unless its played right to his feet..He had one good game when he was busy getting one over on Arsenal, bar that, he doesnt look interested..

This proves how careful we have to be when signing players. Too many lazy fookers after a good wage.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby paulmclaren » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:33 pm

Totally agreed Kev.
He's fucking useless is what he is m8.
I hate it when the cameras suddenly pause to players and they always have this cheesy fucking smirk on their faces.
But i said he would be a shocking buy when we bought him.
And for 18 million fucking pounds?????????
Holy shit batman, lucky there billionaires and it ain't a drop in the ocean for them.
The worst thing about him is , he'll get in the good books and score 2 goals like he did, can't remember who is was against.
And then hell be injured.
He's scored more then 10 goals as a striker once ever.
And that was when he played for Blackburn for one season.
Sooner he's gone the better.
But, we have a few players like that atm.
Here's his stats.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roque_Sant ... statistics
It says he has scored more then 10 two times ever and that was in Paraguay.
I'll say no more.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby King Kev » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:33 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:Playing 2 big men with Barry, De Jong and Vieira, cough, "feeding" him and new-to-the-squad Johnson being marginalised out on the right with no support. What's he meant to do? Countless times I saw him making good moves into space with Ade running off him, only to have Barry fuck it up or Vieira play a pass to a position neither man were at.

He's only as good as the service he gets. He isn't a Tevez who works for the ball, he isn't a Rooney who makes things happen, he's a different kettle all together, a classic striker who wants chances created for him. And he doesn't get it right now. What on Earth do you want from the man?
I'd like to see him control a ball with fewer than 3 touches, I'd like to see him look up and see where his team-mates are, I'd like to see him work hard when he doesn't have the ball, I'd like to see him head the ball in the general direction of the goal from time to time and I'd like to see him play as part of a team.

Thanks
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Erwin Rommel » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:35 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:Playing 2 big men with Barry, De Jong and Vieira, cough, "feeding" him and new-to-the-squad Johnson being marginalised out on the right with no support. What's he meant to do? Countless times I saw him making good moves into space with Ade running off him, only to have Barry fuck it up or Vieira play a pass to a position neither man were at.

I am certain Santa Cruz would be pretty decent if we actually played two wingers such as 2 out of SWp/Johnson/Petrov, preferbly with a left footer on the left wing and the right footer on the right wing.
Erwin Rommel
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Supporter of: mcfc
My favourite player is: tevez

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:35 pm

So fucking predictable.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby paulmclaren » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:35 pm

We've no options and superwoman, Ireland sure ain't no fit replacement atm.
I wouldn't even have him on the bench.
Ade is another one who shouldn't be taking that shirt for granted either.
The sooner Bellamy is back with fire in his belly the better.
Last edited by paulmclaren on Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:35 pm

paulmclaren wrote:I'll say no more.

Ace.

Edit: Oh.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:37 pm

ant london wrote:

Let the abuse begin.

I wish we could use the same kind of form guide for some people posting on the forum

Unfortunately you have a green shirt and I feel it is inevitable that we will be treated to another run out from you sooner than we'd like

I think that's highly unfair. I'm sure KK is commenting as a poster, not as the owner of this site. Should he not express his opinions because he owns the place?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Mike J » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:37 pm

i dont think he can be judged right now. he's barely managed two games running. personally i dont think its fair to judge him yet. if he can get a run of games under his belt i still have faith he will come good.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:38 pm

King Kev wrote:

I'd like to see him control a ball with fewer than 3 touches, I'd like to see him look up and see where his team-mates are, I'd like to see him work hard when he doesn't have the ball, I'd like to see him head the ball in the general direction of the goal from time to time and I'd like to see him play as part of a team.

Thanks

That's all well and good, but when he's having passes toe poked at him by our midfield, there's little he can do. I'd like to see him head some balls goalwards too, but with our non-existent supply, that isn't going to happen. When he did get his head on the ball tonight, it was invariably a nice lay off for somebody, one in particular to set SWP free springs to mind. But then that's all he or Ade are ever getting, aimless high balls that they have to battle to create something from. Which is just fucking ridiculous and something you'd expect of the very team we were playing tonight.

He's a centre forward, a goal scorer. Give him a chance, he'll get it on target. We knew what kind of player he was when we bought him and we knew what kind of football we'd need to produce to get the best from him. When we don't even know what kind of football we're supposed to be playing, how is a centre forward of that ilk supposed to do anything?

All I'm saying is I think the criticism of Roque is out of order. People see his price tag and injuries before they even give him a chance and that just isn't fair.
Last edited by KinkyKinkladze on Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby paulmclaren » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:38 pm

Mike J wrote:i dont think he can be judged right now. he's barely managed two games running. personally i dont think its fair to judge him yet. if he can get a run of games under his belt i still have faith he will come good.

That's the problem.
The min he gets a good game like when he scores 2 goals.
He gets injured.
That type of player no team needs.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Postby King Kev » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:38 pm

ant london wrote:

Let the abuse begin.

That's a low blow even by your standards.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum