Santa Cruz

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Santa Cruz

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:42 pm

I don't think he was being worse than anyone else on the pitch really. But I also don't think that RSC and Adebayor up front works.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby ant london » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:43 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
ant london wrote:
King Kev wrote:I know I will get jumped on for saying this but I feel I have to.

He just isn't good enough is he? Adebayor was getting frustrated with the lack of support he was getting from him, he can trap a ball further than I could kick it, he runs with his head down and constantly makes the wrong decisions.

Once Tevez and Bellamy are back I don't expect to ever see him play for us again.

Let the abuse begin.

I wish we could use the same kind of form guide for some people posting on the forum

Unfortunately you have a green shirt and I feel it is inevitable that we will be treated to another run out from you sooner than we'd like

I think that's highly unfair. I'm sure KK is commenting as a poster, not as the owner of this site. Should he not express his opinions because he owns the place?

Yeah maybe it is.....ah well.....KK is hardly the most "neutral" of the Lads.....he's basically the green version of you.

We deal with having to put up with you two being able to lay down your opinions unfettered by the other Lads/Mods....why don't you try putting up with it in return eh
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:47 pm

ant london wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
ant london wrote:
King Kev wrote:I know I will get jumped on for saying this but I feel I have to.

He just isn't good enough is he? Adebayor was getting frustrated with the lack of support he was getting from him, he can trap a ball further than I could kick it, he runs with his head down and constantly makes the wrong decisions.

Once Tevez and Bellamy are back I don't expect to ever see him play for us again.

Let the abuse begin.

I wish we could use the same kind of form guide for some people posting on the forum

Unfortunately you have a green shirt and I feel it is inevitable that we will be treated to another run out from you sooner than we'd like

I think that's highly unfair. I'm sure KK is commenting as a poster, not as the owner of this site. Should he not express his opinions because he owns the place?

Yeah maybe it is.....ah well.....KK is hardly the most "neutral" of the Lads.....he's basically the green version of you.

We deal with having to put up with you two being able to lay down your opinions unfettered by the other Lads/Mods....why don't you try putting up with it in return eh

urrggh.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:13 pm

Can someone tell me how many games Santa cruz has played for us?
Can someone tell me how much consecutive game time Santa cruz has played for us?
Can someone tell me how many minutes Santa cruz has played for us?

Answer the above questions and then tell me.
When do City fans give abuse to players that have done nothing wrong?
When do City fans give abuse to players without giving them a chance to prove they can actually be VERY GOOD for the club?

ANSWER!!!!
Since Mark Hughes!
Some posters decided that Santa Cruz is the boo boy because we paid a ridiculous amount of money for him and because he has continued getting injured, then he must pay! What a crock of shit. he didnt ask for this, it is not RSC's fault FFS.

However, now fit, why not give him 100% backing? WHY NOT? I actually think, if he stays fit, he can be a big player for us. Why any city fan would give him grief at this stage is beyond me.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:15 pm

A fully fit RSC will work better with Tevez than Adebayor ever will. Doesnt mean RSC is a better player individually than Adebayor, just commenting on what I've seen. Agree with a previous poster, RSC and Ade is just a Harrods Samaras & Corradi
Bianchi on Ice

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Alioune DVToure » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:32 pm

I thought he played well and was definitely one of our top 3 or 4 performers on the night. He went for everything and won more than he lost of his aerial challenges. When the ball was around their area, he never let their defence relax. When he had to defend our their set-pieces, he did. Really don't understand the criticism. What type of player did some of you think he was? A Lionel Messi? He's a 6'3" old-school centre-forward. And a good one.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Blue2 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:38 pm

He's useless, we wuz robbed.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:45 pm

Hey the gang's all here! Great.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby blue 68 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:46 pm

White elephant
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
blue 68
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mike J » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:48 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Can someone tell me how many games Santa cruz has played for us?
Can someone tell me how much consecutive game time Santa cruz has played for us?

When do City fans give abuse to players without giving them a chance to prove they can actually be VERY GOOD for the club?

ANSWER!!!!
Since Mark Hughes!
Some posters decided that Santa Cruz is the boo boy because we paid a ridiculous amount of money for him and because he has continued getting injured, then he must pay! What a crock of shit. he didnt ask for this, it is not RSC's fault FFS.

However, now fit, why not give him 100% backing? WHY NOT? I actually think, if he stays fit, he can be a big player for us. Why any city fan would give him grief at this stage is beyond me.

exactly. its wrong to be giving the guy stick. he has done nothing wrong, im sure he doesnt enjoy being injured.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:29 am

Wonderwall wrote:Can someone tell me how many games Santa cruz has played for us?

ANSWER!!!!
Since Mark Hughes!

Agree with you 100%.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Kladze » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:32 am

KinkyKinkladze wrote:

ANSWER!!!!
Since Mark Hughes!

Agree with you 100%.

thirded.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:34 am

Kladze wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:

ANSWER!!!!
Since Mark Hughes!

Agree with you 100%.

thirded.

Fourthed ed

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:46 am

I'm sorry but it's a tough job as a lone front man............ Oh shit, did Ade play today? I missed him amongst Santa Cruz winning everything in the air, dropping deep and doing both there work himself.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:51 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:I'm sorry but it's a tough job as a lone front man............ Oh shit, did Ade play today? I missed him amongst Santa Cruz winning everything in the air, dropping deep and doing both there work himself.

Personally I thought they both had a hard job particularly 1st half against Stoke's whole team with our midfield 30 yards away for no apparent reason seeing as Stokes whole team was marking them.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:54 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:I'm sorry but it's a tough job as a lone front man............ Oh shit, did Ade play today? I missed him amongst Santa Cruz winning everything in the air, dropping deep and doing both there work himself.

Personally I thought they both had a hard job particularly 1st half against Stoke's whole team with our midfield 30 yards away for no apparent reason seeing as Stokes whole team was marking them.

Agree, but one of them went looking for the ball, one didn't. I love Ade as much as anyone, but pointing the finger at RSC when he outworked Ade 100-1 is bang out of order IMO.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:08 am

Ted Hughes wrote:

I'm certainly glad you and wonderwall are about on here amongst some others because half the time I wonder if I really am watching the same game as the rest of this board/our fans.

PBL, I wouldn't really have that much of a go at Ade either. Painful I know, but try and watch a little bit of his last few games. Generally he seems lazy, but look closely at his movement and the amount of times he drops deeper or wider than he should be. He's a bit languid in his approach, but he's always looking to get the ball and create something because those behind him (30 yards behind as Ted rightly points out) are doing absolutely fuck all to help the front men. Ade generally makes a complete fuck up of anything he's trying in these circumstances, but the point is he's trying to get the ball and do something because nobody else behind him is able to.

There's a big problem in getting the midfield gelling going forward. With Hughes, we didn't really have that champions feel of constant pressure and pushing forward with the midfield, but you knew that if a break was on, by fuck would we move forward as a unit and try and make something of the opportunity. Some of our counter attacking football was breathtaking, the kind of football blues live and breathe for. Although we seem more cohesive at the back with Mancini, we seem to have lost that ability to turn defence into blistering attack. Somewhere in the manager transition, we've become quite toothless in attack. Even with Bellamy and Tevez, we aren't the same.

Maybe I'm being harsh on Mancini. Maybe if Mariga came in, everything would be totally different. After seeing him in the Milan derby, it looked like we did miss out on a bloody good player. If he came, maybe we'd be all a bit happier. But he didn't come, and we didn't lose anybody. We did gain 2 personel though, yet somehow we seem to have gone backwards. This is something I really want to see focused on and addressed because it doesn't matter what level of football you're at, when you're in a situation where you're only adding and you're gaining players back from injury, there is absolutely no logical reason for things to start deteriorating from the levels we had previously under a supposedly inept manager.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:31 am

KinkyKinkladze wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

I'm certainly glad you and wonderwall are about on here amongst some others because half the time I wonder if I really am watching the same game as the rest of this board/our fans.

PBL, I wouldn't really have that much of a go at Ade either. Painful I know, but try and watch a little bit of his last few games. Generally he seems lazy, but look closely at his movement and the amount of times he drops deeper or wider than he should be. He's a bit languid in his approach, but he's always looking to get the ball and create something because those behind him (30 yards behind as Ted rightly points out) are doing absolutely fuck all to help the front men. Ade generally makes a complete fuck up of anything he's trying in these circumstances, but the point is he's trying to get the ball and do something because nobody else behind him is able to.

There's a big problem in getting the midfield gelling going forward. With Hughes, we didn't really have that champions feel of constant pressure and pushing forward with the midfield, but you knew that if a break was on, by fuck would we move forward as a unit and try and make something of the opportunity. Some of our counter attacking football was breathtaking, the kind of football blues live and breathe for. Although we seem more cohesive at the back with Mancini, we seem to have lost that ability to turn defence into blistering attack. Somewhere in the manager transition, we've become quite toothless in attack. Even with Bellamy and Tevez, we aren't the same.

Maybe I'm being harsh on Mancini. Maybe if Mariga came in, everything would be totally different. After seeing him in the Milan derby, it looked like we did miss out on a bloody good player. If he came, maybe we'd be all a bit happier. But he didn't come, and we didn't lose anybody. We did gain 2 personel though, yet somehow we seem to have gone backwards. This is something I really want to see focused on and addressed because it doesn't matter what level of football you're at, when you're in a situation where you're only adding and you're gaining players back from injury, there is absolutely no logical reason for things to start deteriorating from the levels we had previously under a supposedly inept manager.

As I accidentally posted in the wrong thread earlier, as well as the negative tactics, I think it's coinciding with a spell of inconsistant, ineffective play by our creative players. A Giggs, Scholes or Rooney would have turned the last couple of games if the rags were in the same position with shot's, tricks, crosses etc. For all the excitement of SWP & early promise of Ireland in the last game, they produced 1 decent pass & 1 decent cross between them. Petrov produced nothing. SWP despite having lots of time & space couldn't beat Delap tonight when he came on. Giggs would have tortured him.

Whether Mancini's negative tactics are the cause of the slump in individual creativity I don't know but I'm hopeful that the players will rise to the occasion on Sunday & everything will click back into place. If they do, I can see us having a big turnaround & a great end to the season but if it ends in failure, I fear it'll go badly pear shaped & with the games to come & it'll kick off in a bad way.

We really need to be positive grasp this opportunity.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wooders » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:50 am

I like Roque, he's a very decent striker who is happy to be a squad member and doesn't go mouthing off if he's not selected
Everyone knows he's at his best when crosses are being delivered into the box, but Mancio decided to play jinky behind him for some reason
I don't know why some people are on roque's back (hang on, yes I do) over adebayors but to criticise him over ady tonight seems really harsh and a tad "agenda"like
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:54 am

ANSWER!!!!
Since Mark Hughes!

Come on Bob. Like City supporters not being very patient with players would be some sort of new phenomena?!?! Like it had anything to do with Hughes!?!?

Can you by the way tell me WHY Santa Cruz hasn't been able to rack up too minutes or games?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum