My Thoughts On City.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

My Thoughts On City.

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:51 pm

Im not as pissed off now as i was watching the game and realise we are in 4th place in the league with a game in hand. All the big boys have struggled against stoke as there a very physical side and not intrested in playing football ( bit like bolton ).

But as for the fans calling each other for either being too positive or being too negative. The owners said they wanted top 4 so it has raised our hopes and we want to push the players into making that top 4. So when they have a shit performance at home the only thing we can do is BOO, hoping the players will give us a reaction.

We as fans are only getting pissed off because our clubs ambition has raised so we as fans are are raising ours too with them. All we want as fans is for city to acheive there expectations even excced them so we come on here getting pissed off as we cant be in that dressing room throwing boots at barry and telling toure to man the fuck up.

Ive seen a few posters here getting personal with each other just because there pissed off with how the team played which is sad. By all means get pissed off as much a you can but dont jump on someones back just becasue they said something in anger.

Anyway

SHAY GIVEN

I cant really see what he's doing that badly, he is small for a goalkeeper and when he does think about coming out for a cross he has guys 6 feet plus towering over him. Look at the second goal that should of stood given come out and shawcross was 2 feet higher than him.

I cant blame him for staying on the line as he will more than likely be outjumped.

I dont know why but maybe its when i look at the talble MANCHESTER CITY ARE 4TH IN THE PREMIERSHIP!

I WAS FEELING SHIT BUT SLIGHTLY OPTIMISTIC.

Look at the liverpool game they will attack us and not concentrate solely on stopping us playing. So i can see a totally diffrent game than the games against stoke.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Re: My Thoughts On City.

Postby Dronny » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:54 pm

I'm not knocking Given at all but he is 6ft 1" so he's hardly a pygmy....
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby xavi6 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:54 pm

SHAY GIVEN

I cant really see what he's doing that badly, he is small for a goalkeeper and when he does think about coming out for a cross he has guys 6 feet plus towering over him. Look at the second goal that should of stood given come out and shawcross was 2 feet higher than him.

I'm a massive Shay fan but you're overlooking one very important fact - a goalkeeper can use his arms/hands.

Something is wrong if someone 6ft 4ins is towering over someone who is about 8ft with their arms extended.

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Zab

Postby irblinx » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:54 pm

Don't want to detract from the rest of your post but as Given is a goalkeeper he is allowed to use his hands, which are at the end of his arms. He should never get beaten for height, that's just him not being commanding enough. He certainly has had an overall dip in form but that still leaves him as one of the best around
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Beeks » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:58 pm

funny as fuck

Everyone raving about Shay for weeks...best keeper in the prem...in the world

couple of games where he is not champion of the world and the piranhas are out

Can someone look up 'fickle' in the dictionary please and put some of these cunts out of their misery
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby xavi6 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:04 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:funny as fuck

Can someone look up 'fickle' in the dictionary please and put some of these cunts out of their misery

As a stand alone incident this is inexcusable -

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Zab

Postby gillie » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:04 pm

Bish do me a favour and resign from the board again coz you are talking utter fuckin bollox if you think Shay is playing well at the moment he has caught the teams disease he is lacking confidence.I wonder why that is could be tactics oh no it cant can it we have a manager thats won countless trophies.IN ITALY NOT ENGLAND.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby irblinx » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:06 pm

Seriously? I hope you're not aiming that comment at either myself or Xavi, cos I would love to see how you justify that from us both pointing out, at the same time, that despite his size he can use his arms?!
irblinx

Postby Beeks » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:06 pm

gillie wrote:

Bish do me a favour and resign from the board again coz you are talking utter fuckin bollox if you think Shay is playing well at the moment he has caught the teams disease he is lacking confidence.I wonder why that is could be tactics oh no it cant can it we have a manager thats won countless trophies.IN ITALY NOT ENGLAND.

do me the same favour and learn to fucking read you hypocritical cunt...did I even say he is playing well?

fucks sake...has the IQ of this fucking board dropped that much
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:07 pm

Yeah he can use his arms alright put so can the attacking strikers to ger leverage on there jump so luckily tonight the ref spotted shawcross has his hand pushing down on shays shoulder.

You cant see it from that view on the picture but on the replay i saw it plain as day.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:11 pm

BlueMoonAwoken wrote:Yeah he can use his arms alright put so can the attacking strikers to ger leverage on there jump so luckily tonight the ref spotted shawcross has his hand pushing down on shays shoulder.

You cant see it from that view on the picture but on the replay i saw it plain as day.

Doesn't alter the fact we'd be crying about refs screwing us over if that happened to us though. Let's be honest, there was sod all up with that goal. We were lucky.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby gillie » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:15 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
gillie wrote:

do me the same favour and learn to fucking read you hypocritical cunt...did I even say he is playing well?

fucks sake...has the IQ of this fucking board dropped that much

Nice call me a cunt again and you will know that i can become one dont ever disrespect me i never once called you i just stated you are talking bollox imo.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby irblinx » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:17 pm

gillie wrote:Nice call me a cunt again and you will know that i can become one dont ever disrespect me i never once called you i just stated you are talking bollox imo.

Seems to be good at bandying that around mate, not bad from the guy who started a thread slagging Richards off in a game he didn't play
irblinx

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:26 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:
BlueMoonAwoken wrote:Yeah he can use his arms alright put so can the attacking strikers to ger leverage on there jump so luckily tonight the ref spotted shawcross has his hand pushing down on shays shoulder.

Doesn't alter the fact we'd be crying about refs screwing us over if that happened to us though. Let's be honest, there was sod all up with that goal. We were lucky.

Yeah i agree it should of stood and we was lucky but that isnt the point i was making its not shays fault he is small compared to other top 4 keepers. He is no giant so its not all his fault.

If anything the defenders should be clearing that and the defenders and attackers was all on top of him anyway. Id love to see him come out for balls and punch/catch them but he knows he is likely to make a mistake and get caught out by the other 6 foot + players outjumping. So i applaud shay for not making the msitakes other keepers make like the english keepers seem to always do.

All im saying is i see people pissed off with how city are playing and pick on individual performances, But blaming shay for our lack of creating a goal at stoke is a bit uncalled for. How many points has he saved for us earlier on in the season i bet if JOE HART was here he wouldnt of made them saves.

Shay is one of the main reasons we are in the top 4 now.
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:25 am

BlueMoonAwoken wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:

Yeah i agree it should of stood and we was lucky but that isnt the point i was making its not shays fault he is small compared to other top 4 keepers. He is no giant so its not all his fault.

If anything the defenders should be clearing that and the defenders and attackers was all on top of him anyway. Id love to see him come out for balls and punch/catch them but he knows he is likely to make a mistake and get caught out by the other 6 foot + players outjumping. So i applaud shay for not making the msitakes other keepers make like the english keepers seem to always do.

All im saying is i see people pissed off with how city are playing and pick on individual performances, But blaming shay for our lack of creating a goal at stoke is a bit uncalled for. How many points has he saved for us earlier on in the season i bet if JOE HART was here he wouldnt of made them saves.

Shay is one of the main reasons we are in the top 4 now.

Fair enough, I don't dissagree at all. Think I just read your post wrong, sorry chief.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby CityFanFromRome » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:55 am

Well some may be fickle, but I know I've been saying he doesn't come out for crosses enough, and when he does, he doesn't do it well. Now, even with this fault I think he's one of the best in the Prem if not the whole Europe thanks to his reflexes, but that is a quite big fault for a keeper imho.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Beeks » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:57 am

gillie wrote:Nice call me a cunt again and you will know that i can become one dont ever disrespect me.

PMSL

Why what you gonna do big hard Gil?

Draw me a nasty sig?

Grow the fuck up...you couldn't become anything i'd even be half arsed about ;-)
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby gillie » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:10 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
gillie wrote:Nice call me a cunt again and you will know that i can become one dont ever disrespect me.

PMSL

Why what you gonna do big hard Gil?

Draw me a nasty sig?

Grow the fuck up...you couldn't become anything i'd even be half arsed about ;-)

Ok Bish you have scared me now so in future i will agree with everything you post coz i dont want you swearing at me again.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:20 pm

This board has become a much nicer place since Hughes left.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrr right it has.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby john68 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:21 pm

IBH,

Stop behaving like a tosser and grow the fuck up. We have all been young and stupid but most of us grow out of it.
Gillie is a good guy, worthy of respect. He doesn't need your shit nor do I think you impress him either.
Maybe you need a cuddle Mate.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum