the disallowed goal

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: the disallowed goal

Postby zuricity » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:49 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:It was the keeper's ball & should have been an easy take but Given made a right fucking mess of it allowing a bloke to get his head higher than he could reach with his hands. Pathetic keeping.

Luckily for Given, the geezer had his arm over his shoulder & made contact. Whenever that happens refs give a foul, wrongly imo but they do, so there's no reason it should be any different just because it's City.

I've seen enough now to form the opinion that we need a keeper who dominates the box if we're ever going to win the PL. Given's a great keeper but he's useless in that department & it's asking a lot of the defenders to win every ball in every game for a whole season. It's simply not going to happen.

Well said Ted, that's my argument too, the goalie always gets the rub when players bundle into them and Wiley reacted the same as most refs (remember Urs Meier and the Portugal England game ?) same thing. Goal looks good but goalie is impeded.

I also agree about Given. I think Mancini would replace him tomorrow if he could.

I simply cannot believe he asked to have his studs changed in the first half ! what on earth was that about ? How long has he been playing football ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:50 pm

Burt wrote:
Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:Honest question:
I know they worked quite well last year, but have Stoke scored a single goal from Delap's throws against anyone else in the league this season?
I'd guess not.

Arsenal in the FA Cup the other week mate was one of many.

rescinded if that's the case... I assumed most teams had their number by now.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Kladze » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:52 pm

zuricity wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:It was the keeper's ball & should have been an easy take but Given made a right fucking mess of it allowing a bloke to get his head higher than he could reach with his hands. Pathetic keeping.

Luckily for Given, the geezer had his arm over his shoulder & made contact. Whenever that happens refs give a foul, wrongly imo but they do, so there's no reason it should be any different just because it's City.

I've seen enough now to form the opinion that we need a keeper who dominates the box if we're ever going to win the PL. Given's a great keeper but he's useless in that department & it's asking a lot of the defenders to win every ball in every game for a whole season. It's simply not going to happen.

Well said Ted, that's my argument too, the goalie always gets the rub when players bundle into them and Wiley reacted the same as most refs (remember Urs Meier and the Portugal England game ?) same thing. Goal looks good but goalie is impeded.

I also agree about Given. I think Mancini would replace him tomorrow if he could.

I simply cannot believe he asked to have his studs changed in the first half ! what on earth was that about ? How long has he been playing football ?

You CANNOT be impeded by a player who is ALREADY in the air having made (and continuing to make) a clean jump at the ball. End of story .... FACT

etcetera
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby zuricity » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:58 pm

Kladze wrote:
zuricity wrote:

You CANNOT be impeded by a player who is ALREADY in the air having made (and continuing to make) a clean jump at the ball. End of story .... FACT

etcetera

You obviously did not see the foul that Wiley blew against Richards when he was clearly in the air ,but above the guy (fuller ) in the second half..... Wiley blew up for that one too ....
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:12 am

Kladze wrote:
zuricity wrote:

etcetera

It doesn't matter if you can be impeded or not, refs always give it when that kind of minimal contact occurs. It's ridiculous over protection of shite goalkeeping but it happens in almost every game. If it was 10th min v rags rather than 95th min v City, there'd be a brief head shake from Andy Gray & it would never be mentioned again. Why should shay not get the same over protection as every other keeper? Why should we be so fucking even handed? You can bet your life we'll soon get one disallowed for the same thing.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Kladze » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:22 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Kladze wrote:
zuricity wrote:

etcetera

It doesn't matter if you can be impeded or not, refs always give it when that kind of minimal contact occurs. It's ridiculous over protection of shite goalkeeping but it happens in almost every game. If it was 10th min v rags rather than 95th min v City, there'd be a brief head shake from Andy Gray & it would never be mentioned again. Why should shay not get the same over protection as every other keeper? Why should we be so fucking even handed? You can bet your life we'll soon get one disallowed for the same thing.

What I was trying to get at Ted - and I've had a fair few so not too successfuly maybe - is that Shawcross made no contact with Given .... it was Given who made contact with Shawcross.
And it was after the header was successfully completed anyway.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby M147WN » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:26 am

I'd have gone fuckin ballistic if we'd had a similar effort disallowed!
Is this the "it evens out over the season" analagy?
Got out of jail tonight for sure!

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy!
M147WN
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:32 am

Kladze wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Kladze wrote:
zuricity wrote:

etcetera

What I was trying to get at Ted - and I've had a fair few so not too successfuly maybe - is that Shawcross made no contact with Given .... it was Given who made contact with Shawcross.
And it was after the header was successfully completed anyway.

He did mate, his arm is over Given's shoulder. Right or wrong, refs give 95% of those as fouls. I don't like it but it happens just the same to us & has done for less contact than that.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Kladze » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:33 am

Fair enough - we're going to have to agree to disagree mate :-)
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:40 am

Kladze wrote:Fair enough - we're going to have to agree to disagree mate :-)

Rightho I'll go & start an argument somewhere else ;-)

You'll have the last laugh anyway because there'll probably be a whole show dedicated to it on Talksport tomorrow as their usually is when we get our annual decision.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Kladze » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:42 am

lol
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:30 am

Was never was a foul. Quite frankly on balance of play and poor decisions Stoke were robbed, still take the point and 4th though. :)
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Bluez » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:05 am

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:Honest question:
I know they worked quite well last year, but have Stoke scored a single goal from Delap's throws against anyone else in the league this season?
I'd guess not.

I think in the FA cup game the commentator mentioned before the game that Stoke had scored 13 goals directly from delaps throw ins. That didn't include flick ons or goals scored due to a poor clearance.
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Fish111 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:12 am

If the boot was on the other foot and we had that goal disallowed then i'd be feckin furious. Goalkeepers get too much protection for my liking but having said that i'm not arsed as the decision went our way for once and i'll take a point away to Stoke any day considering they are unbeaten this calender year. People deride Stokes play but they are the new Bolton and will be around in mid-table prem for a few years i reckon.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Abu Dhabi » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:20 am

I am sorry, it was a foul mate. Putting your hand over the keeper and preventing him from taking off always is. Specially in the 6. Yard box.
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Fish111 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:29 am

Abu Dhabi wrote:I am sorry, it was a foul mate. Putting your hand over the keeper and preventing him from taking off always is. Specially in the 6. Yard box.

Personally i don't think it was but i really couldn't give a shit whether it was or wasn't. The decision went our way and we're fourth, that'll do me. Vieira should also have been sent off, that decision went our way as well. Plus, was their defender was a tad unlucky to walk as maybe their other fullback could have got back to cover? It's all about opinions and luck. The luck was with us last night on this occasion.
Fish111

My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:44 am

Kladze wrote:
zuricity wrote:

etcetera

I agree with Zurich and Ted on this one.Whether it was a foul or not is irrelevant. Its how the Ref saw it that counts and he did
not have the benefit of video replay as those of us who saw it on T.V did. I've seen many softer fouls given in favour of keepers and this one was no different.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Wooders » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:38 am

we wouldn't have scored from it but there was a similar free kick given against ade up the other end of the pitch so at least he was consistent
imho - it was a goal and should have stood
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby btajim » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:05 am

Wooders wrote:we wouldn't have scored from it but there was a similar free kick given against ade up the other end of the pitch so at least he was consistent

Where's the "Top 4" comeback from the Mancini clique had Stoke won 2-1? "One more game in hand", yeah?
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:18 am

btajim wrote:
Wooders wrote:we wouldn't have scored from it
but there was a similar free kick given against ade up the other end of the pitch so at least he was consistent

Where's the "Top 4" comeback from the Mancini clique had Stoke won 2-1? "One more game in hand", yeah?

Fucking hell mate, you whinge about the shit that went on on this board before Hughes went, spitting your dummy out and fucking off for a few months because an internet forum became a bit too lairy.

Yet here you are with incendiary comments, naming a "Mancini Clique" - which I think number two on this board, fanning the very flames and trying to cause the very same divisions that you yourself proclaimed as one reason for taking a break.

You really couldnt make it up.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum