the disallowed goal

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

the disallowed goal

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:26 pm

the disallowed goal came from a Delap Throw.
The delap throw came from a set piece where James beattie was the only Stoke player against a 9 man City defence, the ball was floated to beattie who won the ball in the air and it was then tackled out of play for a throw in.

Delap threw the ball in for a good goal that should not be disallowed

QUESTION: Why do we have 9 city players against 1 stoke player and we cannot win the ball.

WOW: This needs sorting out before the FA CUP game

And in the after match interview, Mancini is becoming WENGER-like with his I didnt SEE IT!
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: the disallowed goal

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:30 pm

After watching us concede that throw in right at the end am I the only one who thought Zabaleta was brain dead to knock it out for a throw in! Delap was just praying for some idiot to do it and good old Zab obliged. Why couldnt he just stand the guy there and wait for him to make the move rather than sticking his foot through his legs like he did.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby zuricity » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:32 pm

The Referee was standing by the near post. he adjudicated that the goalkeeper was impeded as he rose to take the ball in his hands. He immediately blew for a foul. Why do you want to make something out of it ? It was dealt with and the Stoke player knew that and didn't even contest it.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:32 pm

I agree we need to have a good game against Liverpool to go into the cup game with a bit of confidence because Stoke will be well up for it after tonights performance. If we play like we played tonight in the cup game we will get beat no doubt.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:33 pm

zuricity wrote:The Referee was standing by the near post. he adjudicated that the goalkeeper was impeded as he rose to take the ball in his hands. He immediately blew for a foul. Why do you want to make something out of it ? It was dealt with and the Stoke player knew that and didn't even contest it.

sorry mate, but you are the only person on the planet that thinks it was a foul.
Wonderwall

Postby zuricity » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:33 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:After watching us concede that throw in right at the end am I the only one who thought Zabaleta was brain dead to knock it out for a throw in! Delap was just praying for some idiot to do it and good old Zab obliged. Why couldnt he just stand the guy there and wait for him to make the move rather than sticking his foot through his legs like he did.

You will not find me disagreeing there dougie. plain stupid from Zabaleta..... dying seconds , never , ever let the ball go out of play.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Blue2 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:34 pm

zuricity wrote:The Referee was standing by the near post. he adjudicated that the goalkeeper was impeded as he rose to take the ball in his hands. He immediately blew for a foul. Why do you want to make something out of it ? It was dealt with and the Stoke player knew that and didn't even contest it.

Come off it mate, there was nothing wrong with that goal and I would have been gutted if that had happened to us. Given had a shocker - he's going downhill fast.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby zuricity » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:35 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

sorry mate, but you are the only person on the planet that thinks it was a foul.

No i'm not even the three everton fans watching the game close by came to the same conclusion.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:35 pm

zuricity wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

No i'm not even the three everton fans watching the game close by came to the same conclusion.

your not helping yourself
Wonderwall

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:35 pm

Accordint to the rules it was a foul , but i thought it was a very good goal.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby zuricity » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:36 pm

Blue2 wrote:

Come off it mate, there was nothing wrong with that goal and I would have been gutted if that had happened to us. Given had a shocker - he's going downhill fast.

Don't get me wrong, Im not defending Given. He was impeded.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:37 pm

Honest question:
I know they worked quite well last year, but have Stoke scored a single goal from Delap's throws against anyone else in the league this season?
I'd guess not.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:37 pm

BlueMoonAwoken wrote:Accordint to the rules it was a foul , but i thought it was a very good goal.

how?
given jumped into shawcross which means given fouled shawcross. Shawcross did not foul given and made clear contact with the ball.
Wonderwall

Postby Kladze » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:39 pm

Haha You're having a laugh !

Nearly cheered me up ......
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Burt » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:39 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:Honest question:
I know they worked quite well last year, but have Stoke scored a single goal from Delap's throws against anyone else in the league this season?
I'd guess not.

Arsenal in the FA Cup the other week mate was one of many.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby zuricity » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:40 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

your not helping yourself

Bollocks, I don't need to help myself. Stop trying to wind people up. Given was impeded trying to catch the ball and the ref blew immediately.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:40 pm

I'd guess not.

2 v everton
Wonderwall

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:41 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
I'd guess not.

2 v everton

was that before or after they sold Lescott?
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:42 pm

It was the keeper's ball & should have been an easy take but Given made a right fucking mess of it allowing a bloke to get his head higher than he could reach with his hands. Pathetic keeping.

Luckily for Given, the geezer had his arm over his shoulder & made contact. Whenever that happens refs give a foul, wrongly imo but they do, so there's no reason it should be any different just because it's City.

I've seen enough now to form the opinion that we need a keeper who dominates the box if we're ever going to win the PL. Given's a great keeper but he's useless in that department & it's asking a lot of the defenders to win every ball in every game for a whole season. It's simply not going to happen.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby gillie » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:48 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:It was the keeper's ball & should have been an easy take but Given made a right fucking mess of it allowing a bloke to get his head higher than he could reach with his hands. Pathetic keeping.

Luckily for Given, the geezer had his arm over his shoulder & made contact. Whenever that happens refs give a foul, wrongly imo but they do, so there's no reason it should be any different just because it's City.

I've seen enough now to form the opinion that we need a keeper who dominates the box if we're ever going to win the PL. Given's a great keeper but he's useless in that department & it's asking a lot of the defenders to win every ball in every game for a whole season. It's simply not going to happen.

Ted Shay is a shot stopper par excellance but as a marshall of his area he is severely lacking and thats why we a replay to play in the cup imo.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum