CREATIVE SPARK???

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

CREATIVE SPARK???

Postby Green & Blue » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:44 pm

We really need someone to make us tick again in the middle of the park.Neither Barry or Dejong can provide this and games are passing us by without having any attacking threat from midfield.Personally i dont think we can play with these two in the side together unless we are away from home against a side with the potential to hurt us.
On yesterdays showing playing the above 2 along with Vieira is not an option either.

I know Ireland has not set the world alite recently but i really think we need him back in the side as the midfield is providing no service to the strikers.Hes the only option we have really.
Is the diamond formation an option with Ireland spearheading it ?
What do others think ? Im stuck as to why we are overloading the midfield with ball winners not providers.

Ireland

Johnson Swp

one of
Vieira/de jong/barry
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: CREATIVE SPARK???

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:50 pm

I'd like us to play with width & get quality balls into the box so, at this moment, I'm not that bothered about creative midfield as I think Tevez does a better job than Ireland & Ireland seems unwilling to adapt to play with him. Ireland should be able to link with Tevez in the same way Scholes does with Rooney & could be superb doing it if he gets the feather out of his arse but if he's not going to try he can stay on the bench for me.

Having said that I think Mancini will start them both v Liverpool so his chance to shine may be about to come.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby dazby » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:51 pm

You couldn't have put this in the Our Midfield thread?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby stockportblue » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:08 pm

Heartd an interview with Mark Bowen-when asked if he was surprised about the Vieira signing he replied yes because the previous management team were looking for an attacking creative midfielder not a defensive one.
stockportblue
Danny Mills' Wages

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: stephen ireland

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:39 pm

yes someone should merge this with the midfield thread

however

Ted Hughes wrote:I'd like us to play with width & get quality balls into the box so, at this moment, I'm not that bothered about creative midfield as I think Tevez does a better job than Ireland & Ireland seems unwilling to adapt to play with him. Ireland should be able to link with Tevez in the same way Scholes does with Rooney & could be superb doing it if he gets the feather out of his arse but if he's not going to try he can stay on the bench for me.

Having said that I think Mancini will start them both v Liverpool so his chance to shine may be about to come.

i find myself agreeing with this as one way forward.. and like there aren't many other options, so Stevie, your time is now!
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Return to The Maine Football forum