Pompey

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pompey

Postby john68 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:01 pm

Twitchy was merely the kid at the toyshop window...."Dad I want the train set".

"Sorry Son...I haven't got enough money."
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:02 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
Its the premier league who have refused to sanction the player sales though, which is a worrying development

In fairness, that is a FIFA rule not the Premier League rule isn't it?

Originally the premier league allowed them to approach FIFA, who it was said were taking a sympathetic view. This morning though it is the Premier League have said they are having none of it.

They just seem to have changed their mind.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:04 pm

john68 wrote:Twitchy was merely the kid at the toyshop window...."Dad I want the train set".

And was mentally scarred for the rest of his life!

PS. Blame Twitchy!!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Bluez » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:17 pm

The one who would benefit most from Pompey going under would be PLatini. He must be rubbing his hands with glee at this. If Pompey go into liquidation Platini will be able to push through what ever he wants by adding "we cannot have another Pompey" at the end of every sentence. The PL must act if they don't want extra UEFA regulations.
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Good Times » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:40 am

john68 wrote:Twitchy was merely the kid at the toyshop window...."Dad I want the train set".

I agree. It was Harry that ruined Poortsmouth.
[center]Image[/center]
Good Times
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby King Kev » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:14 am

They only got 17208 for their game yesterday.

Considering the club is desperate for money and the whole town is supposedly up in arms at the prospect of them going bust I would have hoped they could fill their ground for what could be their last ever game!

Maybe the people of Portsmouth aren't that bothered after all.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:45 am

mr_nool wrote:That club as been horribly run the last years. It's not only the last two dodgy take overs that have caused this. That said, I hope they can be saved from liquidation, and that they are, for the sake of their fans, allowed to re-start from the bottom of the league system. I also hope all this sad business can be postponed until the end of the season.

Any one laughing at them, keep in mind that we were heading the same way under Frank. If the sheik hadn't stepped in, we'd be in a very bad position as well.

The sick thing in all this is that it is in the owner's interest to have the club liquidated. From what I recollect, the land on which Fratton Park is situated is more valuable than Portsmouth FC, but there is a clause with the land that it cannot be used for any other purpose unless the club relocates or ceases to exist. What with all the problems of them finding a new ground, the latter option seems more viable, if the owner wishes to profit.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about this, or elaborate on the clauses, etc., as I'm a bit hazy on it, and can't find any evidence to corroborate it after a quick Google...
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:31 pm

They have to go back to court tomorrow by the way. HMRC is contesting the legality of their voluntary administration.

FUCK OFF HMRC!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 59,00.html
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:29 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:They have to go back to court tomorrow by the way. HMRC is contesting the legality of their voluntary administration.

FUCK OFF HMRC!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 59,00.html

Fucking madness. We have to get this monkey off our backs to stand any chance of fourth.

That said, I think Pompey are ok for admin.
Original Dub

Postby bluej » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:33 pm

One of the rumours over the weekend was that the administrators were going to sell the players that they could now - obviously they wouldn't be able to move clubs - and then stop them playing so they didn't get injured or anything.

I'm not sure how that would work in terms of the rules of player registration etc but its a frightening prospect for both the Pompey fans and players if there is a way it could be done.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby gillie » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:00 pm

bluej wrote:One of the rumours over the weekend was that the administrators were going to sell the players that they could now - obviously they wouldn't be able to move clubs - and then stop them playing so they didn't get injured or anything.

I'm not sure how that would work in terms of the rules of player registration etc but its a frightening prospect for both the Pompey fans and players if there is a way it could be done.

In reallity the players are their only feasible assets if they want to carry on.Just hope they have enough left to complete their fixtures.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum