Vieira Charged with Violent Conduct

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Vieira Charged with Violent Conduct

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:39 pm

Wooders wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Why so fast, is this on the fast-track system?

I think you may have answered your own question there

anyway, this is a deserved ban, I know he's one of our own but it was spiteful and nasty and definitely a no go area - as cartman would say, you don't hit a guy in the balls man, thats not cool !

I know it is deserved mate, but what I don't get is that Wiley was looking directly at it, yet give nothing. It then get's fast-tracked like the Ade stamp whilst others are given normal treatment.

And still, that doesn't answer the question. I was wondering more, why the league wouldn't want Vieira to play in such a high profile game?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby getdressedmctavish » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:34 pm

Anyone who took an interest in Vieira's last days at Arsenal or in Italy knows he can only be a shadow of his former self. I saw him make his debut at Highbury and he was awesome but those days are long gone. However he is here because Mancini wants to play three physically commanding midfielders and leave the front three to nick a goal, much like Mourinio at Chelsea. Difference is Mourinio had Lampard and Essien and Drogba upfront. Some difference. So I dont think we'll see Steven. If Vinnie is fit he'll play him for Vieira and Tevez will replace Shaun. Bollocks imo but I've a gut feeling we'll nick a tight game.Looking foreward to it.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:47 pm

getdressedmctavish wrote:Anyone who took an interest in Vieira's last days at Arsenal or in Italy knows he can only be a shadow of his former self. I saw him make his debut at Highbury and he was awesome but those days are long gone. However he is here because Mancini wants to play three physically commanding midfielders and leave the front three to nick a goal, much like Mourinio at Chelsea. Difference is Mourinio had Lampard and Essien and Drogba upfront. Some difference. So I dont think we'll see Steven. If Vinnie is fit he'll play him for Vieira and Tevez will replace Shaun. Bollocks imo but I've a gut feeling we'll nick a tight game.Looking foreward to it.

Been thinking along similar lines but thought he may replace SWP/Johnson with Zabba & Bellamy for RSC although I just have a sneaky feeling he may decide, after his comments about the shit passing v Stoke, that he'll take a slight forward step & pick Ireland. Think we'll win if we attack but lose if we don't.

Forgot to mention Tevez too.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:20 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
getdressedmctavish wrote:Anyone who took an interest in Vieira's last days at Arsenal or in Italy knows he can only be a shadow of his former self. I saw him make his debut at Highbury and he was awesome but those days are long gone. However he is here because Mancini wants to play three physically commanding midfielders and leave the front three to nick a goal, much like Mourinio at Chelsea. Difference is Mourinio had Lampard and Essien and Drogba upfront. Some difference. So I dont think we'll see Steven. If Vinnie is fit he'll play him for Vieira and Tevez will replace Shaun. Bollocks imo but I've a gut feeling we'll nick a tight game.Looking foreward to it.

Been thinking along similar lines but thought he may replace SWP/Johnson with Zabba & Bellamy for RSC although I just have a sneaky feeling he may decide, after his comments about the shit passing v Stoke, that he'll take a slight forward step & pick Ireland. Think we'll win if we attack but lose if we don't.

Forgot to mention Tevez too.

heres hoping
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby failsworthblue » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:19 pm

In his prime was one of the finest players ever to grace this league.

Well past his best now, the Prem league has moved on and left him behind.

Could turn out to be atruly awful signing.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum