Whos up for Liverpool?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Whos up for Liverpool?

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:20 pm

btajim wrote:We need a full house to make noise and we need to take it to Liverpool. They're have a poor season by their own standards and that needs to be exploited. Revenge for last season would be welcome, too. Heartbreaking.

Please no Vieira, De Jong and Barry in Midfield.

I am sure your wish will be granted as Vieira will be suspended. It might mean Zaba in midfield though :)
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby eastlandsblue » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:39 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
btajim wrote:We need a full house to make noise and we need to take it to Liverpool. They're have a poor season by their own standards and that needs to be exploited. Revenge for last season would be welcome, too. Heartbreaking.

Please no Vieira, De Jong and Barry in Midfield.

I am sure your wish will be granted as Vieira will be suspended. It might mean Zaba in midfield though :)

No training to report on Doug, or is it hush hush ;-)
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Bear60 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:51 am

Here's a few of their comments on Sunday's game.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/ind ... c=254184.0
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby gilford » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:12 pm

I just took a peak over on - http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/ind ... c=254184.0

Its very interesting hearing what some have to say! Its always good to read the "oppositions" opinion of our squad, they seem to rate us a lot more than some do here on our forum!
gilford
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Kun Aguero

Postby Whassat » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:38 pm

gilford wrote:I just took a peak over on - http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/ind ... c=254184.0

Its very interesting hearing what some have to say! Its always good to read the "oppositions" opinion of our squad, they seem to rate us a lot more than some do here on our forum!

They also seem to think that they will do us easily.

The sunday game is a must win for us. We have a tougher run in than pool, which most probably means lost points. 4 points ahead with a game in hand and we look a lot more comfortable.
Whassat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City, AIK
My favourite player is: The magician

Postby gilford » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:05 pm

I really want us to win, but we are playing like a relogation team at the moment and I can't see that changing :-(

this month will dictate top 4 or not and I have a horrible feeling it has already been decided for us.......
gilford
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Kun Aguero

Postby aaron bond » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:23 pm

gilford wrote:I really want us to win, but we are playing like a relogation team at the moment and I can't see that changing :-(

this month will dictate top 4 or not and I have a horrible feeling it has already been decided for us.......

Relegation teams play shit and don't get results. We might not be playing well but we're still mostly winning.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:31 pm

aaron bond wrote:
gilford wrote:I really want us to win, but we are playing like a relogation team at the moment and I can't see that changing :-(

Relegation teams play shit and don't get results. We might not be playing well but we're still mostly winning.

yep except for Everton, Hull ,Scum, Stoke and Stoke and that's in the last 8 matches ( I count the semi final as one match and we lost)We won just 3 being Portsmouth, Bolton and Scunthorpe
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby aaron bond » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:45 pm

aaron bond wrote:

yep except for Everton, Hull ,Scum, Stoke and Stoke and that's in the last 8 matches ( I count the semi final as one match and we lost)We won just 3 being Portsmouth, Bolton and Scunthorpe

Why only focus on the last 8 matches? We did win 5 on the trot before that (1 win was under Hughes).

Under Mancini, we've won 8 out of 13, with 2 draws and 3 losses. Not exactly relegation form as the initial quote suggests.
aaron bond

Postby dazlebluefrog » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:44 am

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:Damn right! Massive game. The place needs to be rocking on Sunday.
Come on City! Its a real 6 pointer this one!!

isn't it nice to have a "6 pointer " at the top end of the table for a change why the fcuk does it have to be against scouse scum , just looking at a sports betting paper and they have a 88% record over us in the last 10 years (wins or draws count )at home
on another page where 11 journalist predict the results not one has gone for a scouse win !! i want us to win on sunday but in the back of my head i've just got a niggling feeling about that twat Kuyt & babel
dazlebluefrog
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Grenoble fc38

Postby fees » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:54 am

I was over for the corresponding fixture last season, my first live game in 10 years. I was in my element at half time when we were 2 up. We all know what happened that day. I am going to be watching this game in a pub with 5 or 6 friends who are all bindippers so I am hoping to be walking out with a smile on my face. This will be the turnaround in our season and push us forward for top 4. We are going to win!
fees
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Super City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaletta

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:00 am

aaron bond wrote:
aaron bond wrote:

Why only focus on the last 8 matches? We did win 5 on the trot before that (1 win was under Hughes).

Under Mancini, we've won 8 out of 13, with 2 draws and 3 losses. Not exactly relegation form as the initial quote suggests.

It's the recent form which defines the way we are playing and getting results and they are not really very good are they. Now the opposition gets tougher we need to up our game bigtime or else so there is no better place to start than the cousers.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby john@staustell » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:08 am

aaron bond wrote:
aaron bond wrote:

It's the recent form which defines the way we are playing and getting results and they are not really very good are they. Now the opposition gets tougher we need to up our game bigtime or else so there is no better place to start than the cousers.

Maybe so Doug. But I reckon Everton (nowadays, not August), Hull, Stoke and Scum, and now Chelsea, would none of them be on a list of really winnable away matches (the Hull that played us and Chelsea that is). From my position on the fence I'd like to see us play some of the 'softer' teams, who maybe try and play a bit, and see how we do then.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:26 am

Softer teams like Scunny, Portsmouth and Bolton you mean.
The good news as posted by somebody before is that we have key teams around us still to play at home. Villa,Spurs.LPool,Everton,Birmingham all come to COMS so it really does seem to be in our own hands but our current form against them won't produce good results imo.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby ashton287 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:44 am

Biggest game of our season, im not holding any hope against spurs or chelsea so we need to put a gap inbetween us and liverpool
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby King Kev » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:38 pm

I'm really looking forward to this one. It's now a sell-out so the place should be bouncing!

Bring it on!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:28 pm

King Kev wrote:I'm really looking forward to this one. It's now a sell-out so the place should be bouncing!

Bring it on!

Me too mate. From reading on here, it sounds as if a few have already thrown in the towel!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Goataldo » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:48 pm

Well we are playing terribly at the moment. Gutless and clueless for the most part, players being played out of position, not looking creative, inexplicable tactical decisions. As 'luck' would have it, our most influential attackers may well both be absent for what is a hugely important game. Liverpool might not currently be at their best either, but they're showing more fight in games than us at the moment and if that's what it comes down to we'll lose 2-0.

Alternatively, it could be the springboard that defines our season if we win, giving us a lift to help put Stoke to the sword and then go to Chelsea full of confidence. And no one would be shocked if we did win, as City are always full of surprises, if nothing else.

I predict a draw, which will leave us still none the wiser, nervous, and still looking for a spark. The team, the manager, and the fans do little at the moment to give me any real confidence, so I guess I'll just sit in a dark room rocking back and forth with a damp flannel on my fod for a bit longer, trying to bite my own ear and whimpering.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby brite blu sky » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:15 pm

i rekon it will be a bit of a battle, but Liverpool are crap.. in my view they are even crappier than us. We have been getting a little bit morre solid and difficult to get through, and the Stoke games will have given us the right kind of preparation mentally and training to defend against battling teams. The signs are meagre that our play has solidified, but i really do believe we have improved slightly and although we have in no way clicked at any point.. we have got a bit more assured in defence. I think Mancini will stick to the recent formation for first and foremost trying to stop the opposition. However as he now realises we have lost the ability to build a dangerous attack. Doug says that they have been working in training for the first time on attacking. So maybe we will see a slight change to the set up as Mancini tries to do something that will help the team play higher up the field.

Everyone knows this is such a key game for both teams, but i feel that they will be the more woriied and Benitez will set them up for safety first and that will help us to hold more space than in recent times and in turn help us play with more composure at the back and rear of the midfield.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby brite blu sky » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:31 pm

King Kev wrote:I'm really looking forward to this one. It's now a sell-out so the place should be bouncing!

Bring it on!

HERE WE GO LADS.. we are better than the dippers and we have beaten all the big boys so far at home. There is no reason for us to fear them and we have every reason to be up for this

would love it if we can stop them playing and keep a clean sheet.. really think it is what we need to build on for the next few games

now or never City
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum