Be loud and proud, Mancini tells fans

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Be loud and proud, Mancini tells fans

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:58 pm

Roberto Mancini is calling on Blues fans to be the team's 12th man in Sunday's vital Barclays Premier League six-pointer against Liverpool at the City of Manchester Stadium.

City players have told the Blues boss about the special atmosphere that lifted last season's UEFA Cup quarter-final thriller with Hamburg and "Bobby Manc" wants to enjoy it for himself.

Champions League regulars Liverpool and their 3,000 fans will arrive at the Stadium in fifth place and just a point adrift of the fourth-placed Blues, who also have a game in hand.

Mancini said: "This is a huge game and everybody can play their part, the fans as well as the players. I have been very impressed by our supporters since I have been here.

"It is so important to the team and I know just how much they appreciate it. They are the 12th man, and the louder they are on Sunday the better against one of our closest rivals."

City players too are particularly keen to savour the colours, scarves and flags while "Blue Moon" raises the roof to drown out traditional Liverpool anthem "You'll Never Walk Alone".

Midfielder Nigel de Jong said: "I love the City fans and the fighting spirit they have – it’s something I can really relate to. And they know this is a match that we have to win.

“I see the passion our fans have for this club - they have City in their hearts and they'll give their all to support the team in every aspect they are involved."

mcfc.co.uk

We'll need more than a 12th man if we play the way we have been against Liverpool.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Be loud and proud, Mancini tells fans

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:01 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:
Roberto Mancini is calling on Blues fans to be the team's 12th man in Sunday's vital Barclays Premier League six-pointer against Liverpool at the City of Manchester Stadium.

City players have told the Blues boss about the special atmosphere that lifted last season's UEFA Cup quarter-final thriller with Hamburg and "Bobby Manc" wants to enjoy it for himself.

Champions League regulars Liverpool and their 3,000 fans will arrive at the Stadium in fifth place and just a point adrift of the fourth-placed Blues, who also have a game in hand.

Mancini said: "This is a huge game and everybody can play their part, the fans as well as the players. I have been very impressed by our supporters since I have been here.

"It is so important to the team and I know just how much they appreciate it. They are the 12th man, and the louder they are on Sunday the better against one of our closest rivals."

City players too are particularly keen to savour the colours, scarves and flags while "Blue Moon" raises the roof to drown out traditional Liverpool anthem "You'll Never Walk Alone".

Midfielder Nigel de Jong said: "I love the City fans and the fighting spirit they have – it’s something I can really relate to. And they know this is a match that we have to win.

“I see the passion our fans have for this club - they have City in their hearts and they'll give their all to support the team in every aspect they are involved."

mcfc.co.uk

We'll need more than a 12th man if we play the way we have been against Liverpool.

He will only put the 12th man in front of the defence anyway, seems a terrible waste of an extra body
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby john@staustell » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:03 pm

Expect the moans to start if we aren't 2 up by ten past three. He is right in that the fans have a serious part to play in our end of season run. But a lot of them seem on the verge of hanging themselves now we're in 4th.

Come on lads, be positive, just for one match!!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Nick » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:11 pm

I fuckin love de jong. Unfortunately, he is talking about a minority of people who attend COMS these days. As the other guy said, I expect a shit atmosphere if were not 1-0 within 10 mins. I cant understand fans that go to football and are miserable and pissed off BEFORE weve even kicked off. Atmosphere >>>> players lifted. And its in that order.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Chinners » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:14 pm

All well intended stuff I know, 'get behing us', 'make loads of noise', 'be our 12th man' etc etc

A polite request from the fans to the management and team ... don't patronise us with these bollox requests. Play like you'd die for the shirt, play attacking entertaining football and don't take your foot off the gas if we go 1-0 up. If you met our requests there will be no need for you to request us to be loud, behind the team etc etc ... it ain't fucking rocket science
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Nick » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:17 pm

Chinners wrote:All well intended stuff I know, 'get behing us', 'make loads of noise', 'be our 12th man' etc etc

A polite request from the fans to the management and team ... don't patronise us with these bollox requests. Play like you'd die for the shirt, play attacking entertaining football and don't take your foot off the gas if we go 1-0 up. If you met our requests there will be no need for you to request us to be loud, behind the team etc etc ... it ain't fucking rocket science

agree 100%. I moan at the best of times and theres been times when we have been DIRE and i just want to get on the pitch and throttle a player or one of our managers. But I have the character of Bellamy and De jong. Even if a 4th goal went in, I would jump scream blue moon the loudest I could. That is what being a city fan is all about. We have the best support no matter how much we are fucking up. At COMS, its too rare to see and people would either walk out or sit there miserable in silence.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:18 pm

john@staustell wrote:Expect the moans to start if we aren't 2 up by ten past three. He is right in that the fans have a serious part to play in our end of season run. But a lot of them seem on the verge of hanging themselves now we're in 4th.

With the exception of Tuesday, we have actually started most matches very brightly indeed but then retreated into our shell. I think the crowd have been fine until we start playing like a bunch of fuckwits. I almost think the worst thing we can do at the moment is take an early lead, because it all seems to fall to pieces from there, why can we not carry it on and put a team to the sword in the first half as we know we are capable of doing.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby john@staustell » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:23 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Expect the moans to start if we aren't 2 up by ten past three. He is right in that the fans have a serious part to play in our end of season run. But a lot of them seem on the verge of hanging themselves now we're in 4th.

With the exception of Tuesday, we have actually started most matches very brightly indeed but then retreated into our shell. I think the crowd have been fine until we start playing like a bunch of fuckwits. I almost think the worst thing we can do at the moment is take an early lead, because it all seems to fall to pieces from there, why can we not carry it on and put a team to the sword in the first half as we know we are capable of doing.

Tend to agree. 0-0 half time. 2 goals second half should do it.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby trout man » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:21 pm

Chinners wrote:All well intended stuff I know, 'get behing us', 'make loads of noise', 'be our 12th man' etc etc

Couldnt agree more, if the passion and commitment is there to see in the players it will infect the stadium and the fans...as you say its not rocket science...when Tevez chases down a player after running 60-70 yards the crowd are already cheering him on before he has made the interception...the only time I think the crowd should play a pivotal role is when a team is one or two goals down with ten or fifteen minutes to play and the team need that extra boost to believe that they can turn it around...thats when the crowd become the 'twelfth man'
Hoping our new rollercoaster gives us the thrill of our lives.
trout man
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Ellie and City
My favourite player is: Vinnie

Postby Erwin Rommel » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:43 pm

Well this Liverpool team:
Reina, Carragher, Skrtel, Agger, Aurelio, Mascherano, Aquilani, Kuyt, Gerrard, Riera, Ngog. Subs: Cavalieri, Kyrgiakos, Babel, Lucas, Insua, Degen, Pacheco.
are currently 0-0 against Unirea Urziceni who are from Romania with a capacity of 7,000. So a first choice XI are being held to a draw by the equivalent side of, say a Scarborough.
Erwin Rommel
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Supporter of: mcfc
My favourite player is: tevez

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:47 pm

I'm all over it Mancio, you can count on me ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:49 pm

Erwin Rommel wrote:Well this Liverpool team:
Reina, Carragher, Skrtel, Agger, Aurelio, Mascherano, Aquilani, Kuyt, Gerrard, Riera, Ngog. Subs: Cavalieri, Kyrgiakos, Babel, Lucas, Insua, Degen, Pacheco.
are currently 0-0 against Unirea Urziceni who are from Romania with a capacity of 7,000. So a first choice XI are being held to a draw by the equivalent side of, say a Scarborough.

Bit harsh mate. We turned out full teams against most of the teams we played in that competition including a team of plumbers in the Faroe Isles and still played like a bunch of cunts

We had 2 good performances in the whole competition of christ knows how many matches, Hamburg at home and Schalke away
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby gillie » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:53 pm

Mr Mancini if you and the team did your jobs right in the first place you would not need to ask us fans to help you out it would be done automatically.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:57 pm

Nick wrote:I fuckin love de jong. Unfortunately, he is talking about a minority of people who attend COMS these days. As the other guy said, I expect a shit atmosphere if were not 1-0 within 10 mins. I cant understand fans that go to football and are miserable and pissed off BEFORE weve even kicked off. Atmosphere >>>> players lifted. And its in that order.

Players put in some effort (score, shoot, tackle, run a bit) >>>>>>>> fans lifted. In that order.

The difference is, I know I'll be there next week/season and wonder if I can afford it. They don't care where they'll be next season and never need earn another penny in their life and hence couldn't care less. Only a few of them have the personal pride to battle for every ball in every game regardless. And by a few, I mean two.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:02 pm

gillie wrote:Mr Mancini if you and the team did your jobs right in the first place you would not need to ask us fans to help you out it would be done automatically.

Its a bit "chicken and egg" aint it

We set off supporting them before the match, but they start out shit, we get quieter, they play even worse, we shut up completely. Bellamy or Tevez run 50 yards to close a player down, we get back on it, they play shit again, we shut up.

The support is there if they want it - they dont seem to want it though

Personally I think its the teams responsibility to get me going, not the other way round - sure some will disagree, but the only people in this world who get my unconditional love and support are my kids and my dog because they are the only ones who will give it back, beyond that, you have to earn it - especially when I am paying for it.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby ross.mcfc » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:45 pm

johnpb78 wrote:

mcfc.co.uk

He will only put the 12th man in front of the defence anyway, seems a terrible waste of an extra body

That’s exactly what I thought to.

I have gotten up/stayed awake on numerous occasions in the past few months to watch City but after the last few performances I am seriously considering if it will be worth getting up at 5am on a Monday morning to watch this.

Boring City vrs Worst Liverpool team in years does not really fill me with to much excitement.
ross.mcfc

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:53 pm

Miserable gits! Don't you know we could be clear fourth this time Sunday?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:02 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

mcfc.co.uk

That’s exactly what I thought to.

I have gotten up/stayed awake on numerous occasions in the past few months to watch City but after the last few performances I am seriously considering if it will be worth getting up at 5am on a Monday morning to watch this.

Boring City vrs Worst Liverpool team in years does not really fill me with to much excitement.

Bloody hell, where are you

Seem to remember when you posted here more often that you were a positive type???
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby getdressedmctavish » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:04 pm

You dont get too many supporters screamin themselves silly at a scrabble championship do you? Anyway, I'm takin me crossword just in case Mancini reverts to type. But these are two very similar teams and I actually think we might see some excitement for the first time in 2 months(actually the rags games were pretty good). Comon you blues..
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby ross.mcfc » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:54 am

johnpb78 wrote:Bloody hell, where are you

Seem to remember when you posted here more often that you were a positive type???

Im in NZ these days.

I am normally the positive type, but negative football brings out the worst in me.
ross.mcfc

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum