POLL - WILL WE FINISH IN THE TOP FOUR?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

TOP FOUR?

Yes
48%
No
52%

Total votes : 84

POLL - WILL WE FINISH IN THE TOP FOUR?

Postby Original Dub » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:17 pm

I know there's a top four thread, but I just wanted to measure actual belief rather than hope, so simple yes or no as to what you believe. No "I'm not sure" bollox.

Lets pretend you were betting everything you owned.

Lets see how the general belief in the performances is fairing. Obviously, we all HOPE we make it, but RIGHT NOW, do you think we actually WILL?
Original Dub

Re: POLL - WILL WE FINISH IN THE TOP FOUR?

Postby 9secondlegend » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:18 pm

we are capable but from what i have seen i think no.
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:21 pm

My hopes for the season was 5th with good push for fourth. I think we are in course to do that but will fall just short. So no. Bu tI wouldn't bet anything against us doing it either.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:21 pm

TOO EARLY TO CALL.

WE HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL WE HAVE PLAYED SAME GAMES AS EVERYONE ELSE..

LETS SEE WHERE WE ARE THEN AND WHAT TYPE OF FOOTBALL WE ARE PLAYING, ONLY THEN CAN WE SAY WITH MORE CONVICTION WHERE WE WILL END.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Original Dub » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:25 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:TOO EARLY TO CALL.

LETS SEE WHERE WE ARE THEN AND WHAT TYPE OF FOOTBALL WE ARE PLAYING, ONLY THEN CAN WE SAY WITH MORE CONVICTION WHERE WE WILL END.

Yeah I get that carl, but you can change your vote as your confidence in the team changes... I just think it will be a good measure of belief amongst us...

Look at it like everything you own is riding on black or red and you're hovering between the two before the roulette ball stops spinning....

What's your gut instinct right now?
Original Dub

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:25 pm

At this moment in time NO can't see us finnishing 4th if we carry on playing the way we are.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:27 pm

We keep grinding out points despite awful performances, but these next few games are the big test, and any prediction given how we are playing would have to err on the pessimistic side right at this moment in time

However I'd like to think we have the balls to hold it together, and we have beaten all the "big" teams this season which is a cause for optimism, so its not all doom and gloom, just looks like a big mountain to climb right now so i'm on no
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby cityPinoy_fc » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:30 pm

definitely belief and positive thinking is what separate the teams above us. we have the squad to pull it off we just need to stop thinking negative and start supporting the club to the hilt.
Last edited by cityPinoy_fc on Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[center]What would happen if pacman meets ferguson?
WHO THE F*** ARE MAN UNITED!!!!![/center]
cityPinoy_fc
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Original Dub » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:33 pm

johnpb78 wrote:We keep grinding out points despite awful performances, but these next few games are the big test, and any prediction given how we are playing would have to err on the pessimistic side right at this moment in time

However I'd like to think we have the balls to hold it together, and we have beaten all the "big" teams this season which is a cause for optimism but i'm firmly in the don't know camp i'm afraid.

Pick one for fuck sake John, some of you just baffle me!! Its a measure of what your gut instinct and confidence tells you. The question was if you HAD to say right now.

I'm pessimistic at the moment so I HAD to vote NO. However, depending on how we PERFORM on Sunday (not even the result), it will tell us a lot more, as would a win against Chelsea.

For now its NO.
Original Dub

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:36 pm

We have managed, latterly playing crap football to win the" easy" home games and failed in all but 1 of the away games so it aint looking very positive at the moment so I have voted no . But the team with all the experience/know how is at COMS on Sunday and if we beat them it should change the mind set of everybody.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:37 pm

Original Dub wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:We keep grinding out points despite awful performances, but these next few games are the big test, and any prediction given how we are playing would have to err on the pessimistic side right at this moment in time

However I'd like to think we have the balls to hold it together, and we have beaten all the "big" teams this season which is a cause for optimism but i'm firmly in the don't know camp i'm afraid.

Pick one for fuck sake John, some of you just baffle me!! Its a measure of what your gut instinct and confidence tells you. The question was if you HAD to say right now.

I'm pessimistic at the moment so I HAD to vote NO. However, depending on how we PERFORM on Sunday (not even the result), it will tell us a lot more, as would a win against Chelsea.

For now its NO.

I read your "directions" to carl so edited whilst you were writing this!
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Original Dub » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:41 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

For now its NO.

I read your "directions" to carl so edited whilst you were writing this!

Sorry John, pardon la rant.
Original Dub

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:46 pm

voted yes, i have a firm belief we have pretty much bottomed out in terms of performances and we are still there with a shout, so i have a sense of more than just hope, i think we will get it
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:47 pm

Original Dub wrote:

Yeah I get that carl, but you can change your vote as your confidence in the team changes... I just think it will be a good measure of belief amongst us...

Look at it like everything you own is riding on black or red and you're hovering between the two before the roulette ball stops spinning....

ZERO COMES UP.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:49 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

ZERO COMES UP.

You're one awkward cunt !
Original Dub

Postby Crossie » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:50 pm

Yes

If we beat Pool on sunday :os
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Original Dub » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:52 pm

Crossie wrote:Yes

If we beat Pool on sunday :os

You lying piece of shit you voted NO.

Dub's onto you motherfucker
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:52 pm

Original Dub wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

ZERO COMES UP.

YOUR OP IS WILL WE FINISH IN THE TOP 4 WHEREAS YOU SHOULD HAVE SAID ON CURRENT FORM DO YOU THINK ECT THEN MY ANSWER WOULD HAVE BEEN A BIG FUCKING NO WE WONT.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:56 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

ZERO COMES UP.

YOUR OP IS WILL WE FINISH IN THE TOP 4 WHEREAS YOU SHOULD HAVE SAID ON CURRENT FORM DO YOU THINK ECT THEN MY ANSWER WOULD HAVE BEEN A BIG FUCKING NO WE WONT.

How big do you want the fucking thread title to be??!!

No worries, I did give a pretty strong hint in my post that it was based on your current confidence in the team....
Original Dub

Postby CityFanFromRome » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:58 pm

Voted yes. Pretty strightforward question so there's little else to say, but I have to admit I'ìm baffled to see the majority leaning toward no.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum