Wolves Fined

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Wolves Fined

Postby halnone » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:01 pm

"The Premier League Board has issued Wolverhampton Wanderers FC with a suspended £25,000 fine after deciding that the team fielded in their League fixture against Manchester United on 15 December 2009 was not full strength and therefore in breach of Rule E.20."

LOL. hope McCarthy learned something.
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Wolves Fined

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:05 pm

halnone wrote:"The Premier League Board has issued Wolverhampton Wanderers FC with a suspended £25,000 fine after deciding that the team fielded in their League fixture against Manchester U***d on 15 December 2009 was not full strength and therefore in breach of Rule E.20."

It's bollox mate, as the punishment proved!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:07 pm

It took them this long to work that out??? It should be more than £25,000 if you ask me. Surly putting out a weakened team like he did should count as cheating is some way.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:08 pm

halnone wrote:"The Premier League Board has issued Wolverhampton Wanderers FC with a suspended £25,000 fine after deciding that the team fielded in their League fixture against Manchester U***d on 15 December 2009 was not full strength and therefore in breach of Rule E.20."

They played a weakened team because they fancied the game against Sunderland the week after, which they lost 5-2 and didnt win till another 8 games had passed. Serves them fucking right, that should be punishment enough, but glad the FA has acted.

Only wish it would have been a bit more of a punishment - £25k, fuck me, my regulator could have fined me that and it wouldnt have crippled me
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:30 pm

Am I the only one who's against this?

They're all professionals, he should be able to put out whatever side he wants. If they'd have won this wouldn't have happened!
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Esky » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:34 pm

johnpb78 wrote:

They played a weakened team because they fancied the game against Sunderland the week after, which they lost 5-2 and didnt win till another 8 games had passed. Serves them fucking right, that should be punishment enough, but glad the FA has acted.

Only wish it would have been a bit more of a punishment - £25k, fuck me, my regulator could have fined me that and it wouldnt have crippled me

I thought they beat Burnley 2-0 straight after (and therefore validated the selection?)

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Am I the only one who's against this?

They're all professionals, he should be able to put out whatever side he wants. If they'd have won this wouldn't have happened!

Yes and no. Its a poor example, but imagine a young Wolves fan who'd saved the money to travel and their watch team play at one of the biggest stadiums in the country, only to find out that two thirds of his favourite players weren't even in the squad. Or, better yet, a foreign fan who paid to do the very same.

Squad rotation is one thing, but throwing the game as he did makes a mockery of both the league and the fans.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:38 pm

Esky wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

I thought they beat Burnley 2-0 straight after (and therefore validated the selection?)

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Am I the only one who's against this?

Yes and no. Its a poor example, but imagine a young Wolves fan who'd saved the money to travel and their watch team play at one of the biggest stadiums in the country, only to find out that two thirds of his favourite players weren't even in the squad. Or, better yet, a foreign fan who paid to do the very same.

Squad rotation is one thing, but throwing the game as he did makes a mockery of both the league and the fans.

Apologies, I was wrong. Was going off the the cup game. Suppose its karma that they havent won since they beat Burnley

http://www.wolves.co.uk/page/Fixtures/0,,10307,00.html
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby pears12 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:36 am

It bit of a rubbish decision. I mean if there is champions league semi final and united sends out youngsters in league game against relegated threatened side, there is nothing said it just they resting them for a big game.. I honestly can't see how FA can punish one team and then big club does it and nothing happens
pears12
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby fangsanalsatan » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:51 am

So fielding a team of kids in the Cup is OK, but this isn't? Obvious double standards are obvious.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby carolina-blue » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:01 am

pears12 wrote:It bit of a rubbish decision. I mean if there is champions league semi final and U***d sends out youngsters in league game against relegated threatened side, there is nothing said it just they resting them for a big game.. I honestly can't see how FA can punish one team and then big club does it and nothing happens

I agree with this But I dont agree with what Wolves did you cant have 1 law for them and another for the rest , Nothing happened to Manure when they did it against Hull last season ,I know they won But they fielded a weakend team because of the Chumps league non the less.
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby mcfc1632 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:25 am

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:It took them this long to work that out??? It should be more than £25,000 if you ask me. Surly putting out a weakened team like he did should count as cheating is some way.

£25k - not enough - suspended?? - that just means it is OK to do that against the scum but not against other teams
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:10 am

I think it is the right decision. Are we meant accept yet another advantage for the 'Big Four' where struggling sides simply 'write off' games against them and make it even easier for them?
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Return to The Maine Football forum